Sunderland...

Heron

Steve Bruce: I hate this game

STEVE BRUCE insists he "despises" every minute of bossing a Premier League clash.

Brucie certainly hated the 5-1 thumping Newcastle gave his Sunderland side last season.

But as the Mackems chief looks for revenge today, he admits watching his players walk out fills him with dread.

He said: "I have the best job in the world until Saturday afternoon and then I despise every minute of it - unless you win!

"No matter what derbies there are, and I played in a few, there is nothing quite like this.

"And the fact we have been above them for three seasons in a row is a big thing."

Recalling their trouncing on Tyneside, Bruce added: "It was the worst result I've had in 30 years in football."

They did redeem themselves with a 1-1 draw at the Stadium of Light in January.

Bruce declared: "You learn from the experience and come out fighting."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/3763861/Steve-Bruce-I-hate-this-game.html

bruce talking shit. Sunderland did not come out fighting at the SOL, they they were clearly outplayed for another 90 minutes.

:lol: Howay man, that's bollocks.

Roll on next Saturday and Sessegnon can shut up a few mouthy people on here.

:iamatwat:

tbf sess' was good.

too good for them imo

Agreed. We were lucky today.

They played well first half but I definitely wouldn't say we were lucky. Krul's only had to make a couple of standard saves from distance.

Fucking dipsticks are arguing that the Bardsley tackle was never a red card... :dontknow:

Let them argue. The FA wont see it that way and it wont change the result :lol:

Of course not! They're in the pockets of the magedia!  :angry: