Sunderland...

Heron

Just waiting for the "Who was the last Mag to score for England?" thread.

Surely even they wont have forgotten about St Michael of England  :D

so in between bent and shack how many england scorers have nufc had........

owen

shearer

beardsley

ferdinand

lee

macdonald

any more ?

Andy Cole? Did Dyer ever score?

I think I'm fair and objective, but that's subjective I suppose. At least you are basing it on past opinion, I thought you were just trying to dismiss everything I said because of my ethnicity. That doesn't make you an idiot, just someone with a foolish opinion.

I like your writing style.

I generally enjoy reading your posts too.

And on the whole you come across as very knowledgable.

I didnt mean to cause offence.

I am sorry.

:)

For all the 'Geordie Kevin Kyle' and 'talentless clogger' stuff that the mackems spout about Carroll, I actually think technique wise Carroll is better than Bent. Bent is one of the most technically deficient successful players about. He knows where the goal is and gets into the right areas but he's very awkward to watch at times.

Obviously currently Bent is the better player like.

One thing I noticed tonight is that Bent is f***ing slow.

Nah he's not slow like.

I don't think so anyway, always thought that was one of his assets. Obviously not blistering pace ala Walcott/Agbonlahor but his game relies on playing on the shoulder of the last defender so a bit of acceleration is necessary.

Bent isn't especially fast and his running style gives the impression that he is really slow as well.

He takes very small strides.

That goal he scored last night was probably the first time I have seen him strike the ball cleanly, most of his goals for the mackems have been scuffed and bobbled along into the net, even his penalties seem to be scuffed.

Guest Roger Kint

One of the papers had a table of England goals by each club. sunderland werent in the top 20 and it went to very small numbers iirc. Been trying to find it as i was wondering how much of ours was Shearer compared to others.

The bumming of Bent after his goal last night is ludicrous. I don't know what's more excuciatingly cringe inducing: mackems claiming they were so proud they were in tears or comments of "as soon as it went in, I texted all my mag mates!"

Expect the t shirts to be out by the weekend.

Bent isn't especially fast and his running style gives the impression that he is really slow as well.

That goal he scored last night was probably the first time I have seen him strike the ball cleanly, most of his goals for the mackems have been scuffed and bobbled along into the net, even his penalties seem to be scuffed.

This post is kind of embarrassing. I know he plays for Sunderland and everything, but this is just ridiculous.

This post is kind of embarrassing. I know he plays for Sunderland and everything, but this is just ridiculous.

What's wrong with it? Bent is a limited player, but a good one nonetheless. He does his job very well.

What's wrong with it? Bent is a limited player, but a good one nonetheless. He does his job very well.

Bent is fast and does a very good job of making the runs to get in behind defences. He is somewhat limited as this is indeed all he really does do. He doesn't really do much with the ball outside of the box i.e. his hold up play is pretty average and he won't run at defenders either. He does finish well though, and consistently too, and doesn't scuff every goal he scores as was insinuated in the first post. Just though the initial post was a bit petty.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Tried to start a chant today, but no one was buying it:

"You would have booked Joey Barton, booked Joey Baaaarton." Blackpool #16 must have fouled Perch and Routledge about 5 times each without a booking.

Lee Cattermole sent off again.  :mackems:

Just posted in the "Henry" thread but probably more relevant here.

Totally agree and I quite like watching hard robust players. David Batty for example was a great player - hard but always fair.

Henry and Cattermole however are being systematically requested by their managers to go out and target and hurt specific opposition players. There is no place in football for that kind of club policy.

I haven't seen that much of Cattermole, but over the years - whoever he has played for - I have not seen one game where he should have stayed on the pitch if the referee was applying the laws of today's game correctly. Now that quite literally seems to be the case.

Sunderland should do themselves a favour and sack him, he can then work as a bouncer on Stockton High Street or Linthorpe Road which is what he is probably cut out for

He's a scummy little c***.  Ten times worse than Barton.

yup, but it seems he's gonna have to injure a 'big player' from one of the top 4 teams for any mud to stick to him.

it'll only be when he cabbages a gerrard or a drogba that the level of twattiness will be known to all

Just posted in the "Henry" thread but probably more relevant here.

Totally agree and I quite like watching hard robust players. David Batty for example was a great player - hard but always fair.

Henry and Cattermole however are being systematically requested by their managers to go out and target and hurt specific opposition players. There is no place in football for that kind of club policy.

I haven't seen that much of Cattermole, but over the years - whoever he has played for - I have not seen one game where he should have stayed on the pitch if the referee was applying the laws of today's game correctly. Now that quite literally seems to be the case.

Sunderland should do themselves a favour and sack him, he can then work as a bouncer on Stockton High Street or Linthorpe Road which is what he is probably cut out for

He could if he wasn't barred from the pubs via the pub watch scheme.