Sunderland...

Heron

Guest Heneage

Am I right in thinking that the only manager Quinn's sacked is himself?

I bet that was a long day infront of the mirror.

Thread title needs to be changed to "Lets all laugh at Sunderland"

Can't help remembering that last time I laughed at them getting knocked out a cup we then went and got beat by Stevenage so I'm holding back for now  :lol:

Gardner's not a bad signing tbf, got a good tally last season.

He's a decent signing for them but nothing more. Also, last year was the first time he'd managed more than 3 in a season. Very possibly a one season wonder in terms of goals.

Yeah, him and Larsson are both decent signings but nothing more. Westwood may or may not be decent too. The rest were fairly shite transfers on their part though.

Sorry if erm..SEB

LiterallyJamie Not Jamie Redknapp

After successive defeats by Magpies and Seagulls, Steve Bruce strikes back by vanquishing a bucket of fried chicken on the bus home.

:lol:

He's s****.

Yeah, but he might score goals. Hence knocking him up to 'decent'.

Fair enough, I think last season was a purple patch rather than the norm though.

As a midfielder he's utter pap; no guile, creativity or vision... just picks up the ball and either passes backwards or slams it into the crowd.

Brighton are a decent side to be fair. I usually watch the Championship highlights and they have played some good football in their matches (10 points from 4 games), Craig Mackail-Smith looks like a cracking signing for them as well.

Still funny, reading the Sunderland forum during the summer they were sooo happy and excited about all of their signings  :iamatwat:

What´s the point of Elmohamady by the way? Haven´t seen him do anything noteworthy, really surprised they decided to sign him up after his loan stint.

How much is the contract Quinn recently handed to Brucie worth ?

http://www.jmorganmarketing.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/food1.jpg

And that's the Brucie Bonus!

http://images.mirror.co.uk/upl/people3/jul2010/0/0/bruce-forsyth-image-2-859881392.jpg

Check out Brucie's troll face ffs. :lol:

Bruce out Hughes/O'Neil in within a month.

Nee chance on O'Neil. Brewsey;s severance would wipe out the cash O'Neill would want

O'Neill isn't going to go anywhere where he won't get a substantial amount of money to spend.

They're kidding themselves if they think he'll go there.

I just looked at RTG. Honestly, I have nothing against Sunderland, but fuck me, what a bunch of mongs. A new thread every ten seconds saying exactly the same thing - Bruce must go.

After three games of the season, having bought 10 new players.

As I say, although Brighton have had a good start, the fact this can't be counted as a shock or even a big surprise, even with a strong Sunderland side, speaks volumes about where Sunderland are at currently.

Brewceys email to the mongs:

My overriding emotion is one of disappointment because I’ve said all along we take cup competitions extremely seriously and we put out a team that mirrored that.

But like today and Saturday, if you don’t take chances when they come along you leave yourself open.

We knew it would be difficult going down to Brighton who are playing in a new stadium and have had a great start to the season.

We need to take our chances because otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable and that proved to be the case.

Brighton get the ball down and play and are good in possession. You can see why they’re doing so well.

We had long spells of possession, especially during the first half, but we need to take those chances.

The goal was sloppy – bad defending. We switched off and were punished for it.

If you don’t score, you don’t win football matches and at the moment that’s where we’re lacking.

All the best,

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=620877#ixzz1VtO88uQr

He's s****.

Yeah, but he might score goals. Hence knocking him up to 'decent'.

Fair enough, I think last season was a purple patch rather than the norm though.

As a midfielder he's utter pap; no guile, creativity or vision... just picks up the ball and either passes backwards or slams it into the crowd.

Bruce is having a purple patch... ALL OVER HIS FACE!

Brewceys email to the mongs:

My overriding emotion is one of disappointment because I’ve said all along we take cup competitions extremely seriously and we put out a team that mirrored that.

But like today and Saturday, if you don’t take chances when they come along you leave yourself open.

We knew it would be difficult going down to Brighton who are playing in a new stadium and have had a great start to the season.

We need to take our chances because otherwise we leave ourselves vulnerable and that proved to be the case.

Brighton get the ball down and play and are good in possession. You can see why they’re doing so well.

We had long spells of possession, especially during the first half, but we need to take those chances.

The goal was sloppy – bad defending. We switched off and were punished for it.

If you don’t score, you don’t win football matches and at the moment that’s where we’re lacking.

All the best,

Read more: http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=620877#ixzz1VtO88uQr

He's desperately hanging onto this idea that the opposition nicked a goal and it was Sunderland who were calling the shots throughout the game.

Oh, and Bruce, again, doesn't really understand possession does he?

Brighton 53% - 47% Sunderland.