Sunderland...

Heron

Guest elbee909

Moving the away fans to the North Upper will actually make it easier for the police for fans coming by coach as we are building a new coach park next to the Aquatic Centre which is directly opposite the entrance to the North Stand. However it will certainly make it interesting for those coming by Metro and the protection Newcastle fans have been afforded by Northumbria Police for the last 2 seasons will now be over. Whichever Metro station either the SOL or St Peters will now involve walking past the Sunderland ends of the ground whereas for the last 2 seasons that hasn't been the case.

Also expect to pay a lot more for your tickets, the North Stand upper is a unique area of the ground and not comparable with any other part of the ground which means Short can effectively charge what he wants and their is nothing anyone can do about it.

:lol:

Fuck off.

Watch out, you'll end up with a jaw-wiring.

This is the best possible news, no more friends in high places for Mr Bruce to hide behind now. I will be amazed if Bruce is not sacked this week.

Quinn will leave with the legacy of being the best Chairman the club has ever had and took us from our worst season in history to becoming an established Premier League club, thanks for everything big fella.

I don't want your thanks, you makem bastard.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

The wider point is that clubs should do all they can to fill the ground but need to strike a balance or else the ticket gets devalued and people get pissed off at paying full whack.  The bloke doesn't come across that brilliantly but as a skint season ticket holder who's encountering this situation at sunderland he's got a point.

I do think NUFC should be doing things to fill those 5k empty seats but we're wise to not have too many initiatives that antagonise season ticket holders.

The wider point is that clubs should do all they can to fill the ground but need to strike a balance or else the ticket gets devalued and people get pissed off at paying full whack.  The bloke doesn't come across that brilliantly but as a skint season ticket holder who's encountering this situation at sunderland he's got a point.

I do think NUFC should be doing things to fill those 5k empty seats but we're wise to not have too many initiatives that antagonise season ticket holders.

£190 season tickets for U18's. Tenner a game and it keeps the young fans interested. 

£190 season tickets for U18's. Tenner a game and it keeps the young fans interested. 

Yep, well that's a good'un.  I'd even think about extending it to under 21s, that's exactly the time to get kids hooked on it and it's not really the sort of thing that would piss season ticket holders off imo.  Money in the bank and more seats filled.

tbh this whole debate is because the product- ie matchday experience is simply too expensive- its overpriced. Also the subject of another thread- TV football is too expensive and people are trying to find ways round that.

For me the clubs and premier league are in danger of killing the goose that layed the Golden Egg. 

If the crowds continue to dwindle, if they disregard the Matchday revenues in favour of other sources of income, TV, advertising etc, in my opinion, the product will become less attractive/ sell-able round the world if its played in quiet half empty stadiums. They are making all thier money selling the most exciting vibrant etc etc league to the world- they need a crowd in the background , and need to wake up to this.

tbh this whole debate is because the product- ie matchday experience is simply too expensive- its overpriced. Also the subject of another thread- TV football is too expensive and people are trying to find ways round that.

For me the clubs and premier league are in danger of killing the goose that layed the Golden Egg. 

If the crowds continue to dwindle, if they disregard the Matchday revenues in favour of other sources of income, TV, advertising etc, in my opinion, the product will become less attractive/ sell-able round the world if its played in quiet half empty stadiums. They are making all thier money selling the most exciting vibrant etc etc league to the world- they need a crowd in the background , and need to wake up to this.

Spot on tbh.

They seems to forget their roots sometime.

I feel they are shooting themselves in the foot, they should look to Germany. Overall, i think they have the perfect setup.

With the interest the PL already have, it would take it another step up imo.

•  
  • People on the match - Good atmosphere
  • Available for the majority - Give football back to the working-class. There are markets for both cheep and expensive tickets.
  • Safe standing - imo a important part of football (will not happen in UK i think, sad)

Guest BooBoo

Bruce has walked

to the shops for another Ginsters. :troll: