Sunderland...

Heron

Just the fact that the media are even linking us to these two makes me incredibly greatfull to Quinny for what he has done. Before him we wouldn't have stood a chance of either.

F*** me man :lol:

Who'd they be getting if it wasn't for St. Niall like?

Just the fact that the media are even linking us to these two makes me incredibly greatfull to Quinny for what he has done. Before him we wouldn't have stood a chance of either.

F*** me man :lol:

Who'd they be getting if it wasn't for St. Niall like?

Paul Hart.

Just like they should have had credit for how they could have beat Man U, even though they didn't.  Or how their players are better on paper, even if they're not on the pitch.  Even if they don't get these guys as managers, it's a massive one over on us just because they might have done.

Would be glorious if MON went there and failed miserably.

Depends how much money the board allow him. If they give him a fair whack to make the team his own, the mackems will be jizzing themselves silly at the prospect of stable mediocrity.

It seems the inbreds are actually expecting some sort of Christ-like figure to come in and transform Wesley, Ahmed et al into a team of worldbeaters.

In reality, unless they spend a decent amount in January, they'll continue to be a violent skidmark on the PL table.

Sven is something like 25/1. Worth a couple of quid I reckon, he always manages to find a job in England.

He must be thought of as a mercenary by now. What was the last contract he fulfilled? Fucking flying through teams, him.

I don't think they have one forward in their squad I would choose over any of our so that says a lot. Bendtner is perhaps and exception to that rule but their midfield doesn't really have much creativity to provide what forwards they do have with something decent.

All they have in midfield is a guy who can hack people time and time again and a Moroccan on the wing who is like Jonas, he can run and run but when it comes to the final ball it just isn't there. Jack Colback is a good box to box midfielder but he's still young and still learning a bit and needs players around him to help him at the moment. He often ends up being the guy helping everyone else out and can often find himself running down the wings and out of position.

Don't get me started on their defence, I mean when Bramble and Brown are your first choice CB's then your going to have problems, especially when one is injury prone, the other is injury prone and currently out of the squad on suspension for a 3rd time facing sexual harassment charges.

MON will need money to turn around Sunderland, at this moment in time they are an average premiership side at the best and they don't seem to have much money to spend in order for MON to turn things around.

Buy buy, Martin: How O'Neill spent £120million in four years at Aston Villa

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1301712/Buy-buy-Martin-How-ONeill-spent-120million-years-Aston-Villa.html#ixzz1fHrsMIbf

Title is massively misleading, like.

is net loss of 82mill without really improving the club misleading ?

To be fair Villa were really the best amongst the rest whilst he was there, he took them as far as Villa could realistically go.

I don't think they have one forward in their squad I would choose over any of our so that says a lot. Bendtner is perhaps and exception to that rule but their midfield doesn't really have much creativity to provide what forwards they do have with something decent.

All they have in midfield is a guy who can hack people time and time again and a Moroccan on the wing who is like Jonas, he can run and run but when it comes to the final ball it just isn't there. Jack Colback is a good box to box midfielder but he's still young and still learning a bit and needs players around him to help him at the moment. He often ends up being the guy helping everyone else out and can often find himself running down the wings and out of position.

Don't get me started on their defence, I mean when Bramble and Brown are your first choice CB's then your going to have problems, especially when one is injury prone, the other is injury prone and currently out of the squad on suspension for a 3rd time facing sexual harassment charges.

MON will need money to turn around Sunderland, at this moment in time they are an average premiership side at the best and they don't seem to have much money to spend in order for MON to turn things around.

I agree with most of that but the very last point is pure speculation. Who's to say Short won't give him loads to spend?