Sunderland...

Heron

Anyone not listening to what brummie as to say about MoN is pretty damn stubborn as much as they are stupid.

Telegraph or something reckon £15m in the winter window, which is nothing, not when you are desperate and can only shop on the british isles. Scott Brown may yet move but not to us but to Sunderland. An average prem striker at this time will cost you £15m, shocking but true.

The thing is the villa fann says all this but his club still finished 6th 3 years on the bounce, I would take that as a NUFC fan, for a Mackem it would be progress beyond anything they could dream of.

Hardly gonna finish 6th with current top 6 clubs though are they? It would takefairly sizeable investment for them to get to 7th or 8th.

The thing is the villa fann says all this but his club still finished 6th 3 years on the bounce, I would take that as a NUFC fan, for a Mackem it would be progress beyond anything they could dream of.

Hardly gonna finish 6th with current top 6 clubs though are they? It would takefairly sizeable investment for them to get to 7th or 8th.

£100m, 18 new players.

Depends if Graham Carr is your chief scout or Pardew is your manager or not I guess.

Guest Howaythetoon

Can't say I've heard many Geordies using marra. Seems exclusively a smoggie/mackem type thing.

A lot of older generation Geordies that I know often use the term marra. I hear it mostly in and around Durham myself mind.

You wouldn't take it if it left the club financially crippled and having to appoint the likes of Alex McLeish to trim the wage bill, though.

Also, getting into the top six now is entirely different to doing so in 2007. It takes a shit load more money, for starters, as in that time Man City have bought themselves a guaranteed berth in there. Tottenham seem to have made on of them theirs, too.

Basically, you're now looking at Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City in six places at the top, and breaking that cartel is going to take an awful lot more money than MON spent with us. He's not going to get that much at Sunderland, not a prayer.

Can't say I've heard many Geordies using marra. Seems exclusively a smoggie/mackem type thing.

A lot of older generation Geordies that I know often use the term marra. I hear it mostly in and around Durham myself mind.

:thup:

Must be very much a generational thing. Just a bairn ya see.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

My dad did. Berwick born. Odd.

You wouldn't take it if it left the club financially crippled and having to appoint the likes of Alex McLeish to trim the wage bill, though.

Also, getting into the top six now is entirely different to doing so in 2007. It takes a shit load more money, for starters, as in that time Man City have bought themselves a guaranteed berth in there. Tottenham seem to have made on of them theirs, too.

Basically, you're now looking at Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Man City in six places at the top, and breaking that cartel is going to take an awful lot more money than MON spent with us. He's not going to get that much at Sunderland, not a prayer.

:thup: Aye, that's basically what I'm saying.

The fact we've managed to break it for even a few months in a season is remarkable in itself.

My dad did. Berwick born. Odd.

sure its  anorth northumberland word anarl marrow.

:thup: Aye, that's basically what I'm saying.

The fact we've managed to break it for even a few months in a season is remarkable in itself.

True, you've done very well, but being in the top six now is one thing, being there at the end of the season when tired players at better equipped clubs are easily replaced is a different thing, though.

He'll do a better job than Bruce at Sunderland, but it's not a very forward thinking appointment, to be honest.

Anyone not listening to what brummie as to say about MoN is pretty damn stubborn as much as they are stupid.

Telegraph or something reckon £15m in the winter window, which is nothing, not when you are desperate and can only shop on the british isles. Scott Brown may yet move but not to us but to Sunderland. An average prem striker at this time will cost you £15m, shocking but true.

You've got to remember we are talking about Sunderland here. Sunderland who a 16th in the table, who've rarely been in the top since their return to the top flight. All the points that Brummie has made and all the other Villa fans are valid and if he was managing a club that is looking to push on, should draw warning flags. But he's not it's Sunderland, success to them should be mid table. Even if he's not given a penny to spend he'll improve that crock of crap, he's done that on small budgets at places other than Villa.

Villa do and should have way bigger expectations to Sunderland, despite what some of their retarded fans  think really repeating the 10th place finish they had last year should be regarded as a success. O'neill will deliver that, I can't see them heading for the championship under him which was the direction they were travelling.

Loads of people i know in North Tyneside say it including me from time to time. I thought it was well known :dontknow:

Aye, I'd never heard it before I went to college, but a lot of people from North Tyneside and the coast seem to use it.

"Given the budget restraints at the Stadium of Light, that money will have to come directly from Short, who will also have to cover the £6 million compensation due to Bruce following the termination of a contract that was due to expire in 2014."

Shame, that could have bought them Mark Noble.

Guest Stone Cold Steve Austin

Agent Bruce did a wonderful job as Sunderland manager, from a NUFC fan's point of view.

He:

Sold Bent and got Gyan, then Bendtner. Still no recovery.

Put Seb Larrson as a RB in the game that made the house fall.

Purchased Titus Bramble.

Purchased Sessagnon, and didn't even know how to use him.

Round of applause to this man. He should've stayed.

You've got to remember we are talking about Sunderland here. Sunderland who a 16th in the table, who've rarely been in the top since their return to the top flight. All the points that Brummie has made and all the other Villa fans are valid and if he was managing a club that is looking to push on, should draw warning flags. But he's not it's Sunderland, success to them should be mid table. Even if he's not given a penny to spend he'll improve that crock of crap, he's done that on small budgets at places other than Villa.

Villa do and should have way bigger expectations to Sunderland, despite what some of their retarded fans  think really repeating the 10th place finish they had last year should be regarded as a success. O'neill will deliver that, I can't see them heading for the championship under him which was the direction they were travelling.

That's a good point.

He won't get them relegated, not a prayer (although it'd be delicious if he did).