Sunderland...

Heron

If Martin is going to be buying a striker for them, it'll be someone very disappointing for them.

Heskey. Harewood. His record is not great. He only got Carew because Houllier offered him for Baros.

In January, they'll go for at least two of Heskey, Petrov, Cuellar, with Cuellar being the favourite.

He'll probably go for Aiden McGeady at some point soon, as well.

If Martin is going to be buying a striker for them, it'll be someone very disappointing for them.

Heskey. Harewood. His record is not great. He only got Carew because Houllier offered him for Baros.

In January, they'll go for at least two of Heskey, Petrov, Cuellar, with Cuellar being the favourite.

He'll probably go for Aiden McGeady at some point soon, as well.

This all sounds excellent. :)

They need a left back so £15m on Gary Cahill and some goals so £5m on Emile Heskey.

Europe here they come.

I know that RTG place is full of excitable 10 year olds, but I can not believe anyone is sufficiently retarded and bereft of football knowledge not to think about the fact that it was O'Neill who sold Cahill at Villa (to his shame) and replaced him with Zat Knight, as - and this is well known in Villa circles - Cahill likes to play it out of defence, whereas Martin likes a "row Z" defender.

He is not going to go back and buy him again now, and even if he tried, Cahill would not consider playing for MON again for a nanosecond, and certainly not moving to Sunderland.

They need a left back so £15m on Gary Cahill and some goals so £5m on Emile Heskey.

Europe here they come.

I know that RTG place is full of excitable 10 year olds, but I can not believe anyone is sufficiently retarded and bereft of football knowledge not to think about the fact that it was O'Neill who sold Cahill at Villa (to his shame) and replaced him with Zat Knight, as - and this is well known in Villa circles - Cahill likes to play it out of defence, whereas Martin likes a "row Z" defender.

He is not going to go back and buy him again now, and even if he tried, Cahill would not consider playing for MON again for a nanosecond, and certainly not moving to Sunderland.

Aye but he's the best man manager ever and jumps up & down on the sidelines like a less chavvy more Irish Tony Pulis

He's a fantastic man manager of players he rates.

If he doesn't rate them - regardless of the fact he just spent 5m on them a few weeks previously - they don't exist.

*points at training ground full of unshiftable MON dross on big money*

Away from home, it was frequently brilliant. We won lots of games. I dont really care what anyone else says, I loved watching us break with speed, with Agbonlahor and Young. People sussed us out eventually, mind.

The problem was, at home he tried to do the same thing, and when people sit back and don't attack you, you can't play counter attacking football. As a result, for at least two years, possibly three, the football at home was utterly fucking dire. Think in both his last seasons we scored 27 goals at home, except in both seasons, there were two 5-0 drubbings (of dross teams), which left 17 goals spread across 17 matches.

It wasn't a lot of fun, to be honest. He had no plan B whatsoever, we'd just keep doing the same thing over and over, regardless of how it pans out.

He's very much a man of the past in that sense, there's nothing even remotely modern about MON's ways.

I've a funny feeling this is going to be a short dalliance. I've been trying to avoid his face since he took the job, but the few times I've seen him on the box, he's looked miserable as sin. Probably because Bibs and Cones aren't going with him. Well, Cones is, Bibs isn't

Doesn't exactly strike me as man delighted with his new job. All very much seems to be "yeh I'm back, whatever."

Those Sunderland players are playing with little confidence at the moment, I would have thought he would have been more upbeat.

Doesn't exactly strike me as man delighted with his new job. All very much seems to be "yeh I'm back, whatever."

Those Sunderland players are playing with little confidence at the moment, I would have thought he would have been more upbeat.

Managing expectations, set em low take the pressure off the players so they can perform.

Guest ykmkmdd

Has the look of a man who has lost his enthusiasm, knows now that's he's missed his chance at the real top jobs.

No matter how well he does with the mackems they're not challenging the top 6 any time soon and I think that'll frustrate the life out of him....

I've got a feeling that he will do well at Sunderland.  If Short can give Bruce the money he did I reckon O'Neill will get more.  How O'Neill spends it may be another thing but I think he'll improve them significantly.  I've had a small bet on Sunderland qualifying for Europe next season, too much to do this season imo. 

While I don't think O'Neill is a great manager he's streets ahead of Bruce and I think Ellis Short will back him financially.

Away from home, it was frequently brilliant. We won lots of games. I dont really care what anyone else says, I loved watching us break with speed, with Agbonlahor and Young. People sussed us out eventually, mind.

The problem was, at home he tried to do the same thing, and when people sit back and don't attack you, you can't play counter attacking football. As a result, for at least two years, possibly three, the football at home was utterly f***ing dire. Think in both his last seasons we scored 27 goals at home, except in both seasons, there were two 5-0 drubbings (of dross teams), which left 17 goals spread across 17 matches.

It wasn't a lot of fun, to be honest. He had no plan B whatsoever, we'd just keep doing the same thing over and over, regardless of how it pans out.

He's very much a man of the past in that sense, there's nothing even remotely modern about MON's ways.

I've a funny feeling this is going to be a short dalliance. I've been trying to avoid his face since he took the job, but the few times I've seen him on the box, he's looked miserable as sin. Probably because Bibs and Cones aren't going with him. Well, Cones is, Bibs isn't

His body language yesterday did not look particularly positive or happy.

I'm not sure the yank has thought this through particularly well in his haste to make a populist appointment in the wake of the locals turning on Geordie boy Bruce.

Looks like Quinn was back involved again as well. That's Quinn who's last big shout was to give Bruce a long and very well remunerated contract extension not long ago.

I've had a small bet on Sunderland qualifying for Europe next season, too much to do this season imo. 

:yao:

Their loss of over £20m per year, every year for the last 3 means they cannot currently qualify for Europe. Mon is going to require investment, their wage bill will grow and spends increase this year so should get worse, especially with the Bruce and Backroom staff to pay off.

Depends on how you've worded your bet like, but reckon it's money down the drain regardless.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

:lol:

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Their cup game against the Posh is on ITV. Mackemedia/MON-effect.

:lol: More like "likely cup exit".

Magdeia trolling again.

Their bottom of the table clash with Blackburn and their cup exit both on telly.