Who's good enough for the Premier League?

Guest sicko2ndbest
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Quite surprised Routledge has so many votes, considering he's a failure at that level. I'd be more than willing to give him a chance though, he's certainly been brilliant in the championship.

Good enough: Harper, Krul. Simpson, Colo, Williamson, Saylor, Enrique. Barton, Jonas, Guthrie, Routledge.  Loven, Carroll, Ranger

Reserve Level: Shola, Raylor, Hall, Kadar, Nolan, Forster

Ultraturd: Pancrate, Best, Butt, Smith

Guest firetotheworks

i'm amazed people are voting Ranger ahead of Shola, just ludicrous.

I dunno, we know that Shola can't cut it in the PL, whereas we're just presuming that Ranger wont.

I take it you dont know about Ranger's reputation on here, then?

yes i know about his reputation on here and i've seen enough of him watching him play for the academy, reserve and first team to know that he'll struggle to do more for NUFC than Shola has.

I think its quite funny people are saying Shola can't cut it in the PL when he already has,  he's scored goals in the PL and in europe for NUFC.  Shola's problem is he can never stay fit long enough to get a decent run of games.  When he's injury free he's definately good enough for the PL.

I take it you dont know about Ranger's reputation on here, then?

yes i know about his reputation on here and i've seen enough of him watching him play for the academy, reserve and first team to know that he'll struggle to do more for NUFC than Shola has.

I think its quite funny people are saying Shola can't cut it in the PL when he already has,  he's scored goals in the PL and in europe for NUFC.  Shola's problem is he can never stay fit long enough to get a decent run of games.   When he's injury free he's definately good enough for the PL.

Hopefully we'll find that after a season of confidence building and being part of a team playing for each other who know what each other are doing, we may be surprised by the levels that the likes of Shola, Loven, Routledge, Colo, Guthrie and maybe even Smith and Nolan, play at next season.

No doubt we need to sign first team players and these lads can play what they need to until they either prove their worth or are ultimately replaced.

Simpson isnt good enough, Butt is obviously gone along with Best and Pancrate. Ranger can go out on loan, somewhere in London so he can 'brap brap' all his heart desires.

Definitely need at least 1 'good' striker in the summer, then maybe two by end of Jan.

Def right back  2 mids.

Everyone bar Hall, Butt, Barton, Best, Pancrate

You really despise him, don't you?

Ryan Taylor and Nile Ranger clearly more equipped though. :lol:

He's just pure trouble, the last thing we need off the pitch. When he has played he's been shite as well.

Ryan Taylor is a good squad player, capable of covering multiple positions.

Nile Ranger is an England youth international with a bright future ahead of him in the game.

Guest loven Mag 11

i hate the negativity around here at times.

there are countless posts saying how, so many of are players will NOT cope and are FAILURES when it comes to the PL.

routledge being a prime example, he is 25 years old !

the last time he had a consistant run of games in the PL was in 06-07 season ! he was going on 21 FFS.

how well did carroll do last season in the PL, at roughly the same age !

give the team we currently have a chance,they wont all be W***, yes we need a few players: CM, RB and CF. but some people go to far.

maybe be its the alcohol, maybe its the tiredness and maybe the overoptimistic side of me but perhaps just perhaps shola might play at an acceptable level next season, a confident shola can be rather good when he feels like it and he is an excellent finisher when hes bothered

maybe be its the alcohol, maybe its the tiredness and maybe the overoptimistic side of me but perhaps just perhaps shola might play at an acceptable level next season, a confident shola can be rather good when he feels like it and he is an excellent finisher when hes bothered

This season was his chance to do exactly that, banging goals in at the start of the season.... then he misses 75% of matches. If he can't stay fit when he can knock them in for fun, he wont stay fit next season.

Not sure why people think Ranger is good enough, he hardly looks convincing in the Championship.

Think he'd be better off being sent out on loan for a season, it's obvious he's got potential going by his ressie form last season and seeing him play this season. He's just not "there" yet.

I only put a few down because I think a lot of them are still to prove themselves. Definatly not, Butt, Best, Simpson, Smith, Nolan and Ranger at the moment.

I'd be happy for everyone bar Butt, Best and Pancrate to stay - if i'm honest. We're not gonna move mountains in the transfer window.

And i'd be more than happy for our centre-back squad to be Colo, Willo, Taylor, Hall, Kadar. He's alright is One Size; i think we should look into making it a permanent move, especially if it's on the cheap.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd be happy for everyone bar Butt, Best and Pancrate to stay - if i'm honest. We're not gonna move mountains in the transfer window.

And i'd be more than happy for our centre-back squad to be Colo, Willo, Taylor, Hall, Kadar. He's alright is One Size; i think we should look into making it a permanent move, especially if it's on the cheap.

I thought you didn't rate Simpson either? Do you think he's good enough as back up?

I'd have him in the squad like. I'd rather we weren't going into a season having to sign two right-backs.

Like i say, we're not going to go all guns blazing in the transfer market; i reckon we'll get a few but there won't be a squad overhaul. It's just not realistic and tbh - if we were in the Premiership right now - we'd be one of the worst teams but have one of the best team spirits. If we remove a massive crux of the squad, Hughton's got to start all over again in that respect; when it's played a monumental factor in taking us up. There's no need.

I don't really rate him, btw, you're right. But you see my point.

I wouldn't have him starting. I just don't think we should chuck him.

It's such a pointless debate tbh. Half the players in the Premiership you could call 'not good enough for the Premiership'. I used to think the game was played on paper when i was a little'un but it just isn't. "He is 'good' and he is 'bad' so it obvs isn't gonna work." Nah, if we rip to shreds the current squad - rather than just adding to it - there's a greater chance we'll go down tbh. Groups of utterly shite players have had excellent seasons in the Premier League before. It's not just down to ability with a football.

Like i say, the team spirit will keep us up, just as it's taken us up. Dismantle the squad and Hughton's got it all to do again. I'm not saying he wouldn't manage that, but there's a clearly good 'family' amongst the dressing room now and it's needless disrupting it. We do have to make three, bare minimum, significant improvements to the XI, though.

Guest Phil K

They'll be the pillocks who voted against me for being "biased" against Ranger for saying 1 goal all season isn't a good strike rate ! (he scored one more since. Impressive. All promise, no delivery)

In Shola, you have a striker who DOES score, and gets FAR more stick. As I said on monday when he came on, and the abuse started - "Heres the abuse, now he'll score next and they'll celebrate, yet still take the piss"...and guess what ? Some of them are like a schoolgirl with a crush on Nile !  ;D

It doesn't say much about whats between the ears of many Newcastle fans. (My sons another Shola critic)