Are the 5000 coming back next season?

James

Guest toonlass

So you didn't notice Matthew Syed, Martin Samuels and Wheeze Keeeyz Louise telling all and sundry pre-season that the gates would be dramatically smaller, and that we had hardly sold any season tickets, just for them to crawl back into their shells when we have been getting 40,000+ crowds?

If you look at where the gaps are the you will see that 90% of them are in the corporate seating, so probably yes, all the slime balls will come crawling back, but I doubt you can say that they are real fans.

Their money is as green as anyone elses. If they want to pay £70+ a game to watch us next year then I couldn't care less if they'r 'real fans' or not. It's money in the bank.

I guess if we are winning our home games  we may see a good few sell outs BUT I think a lot that are staying away are doing so because of Ashley, and those will be the ones that will not return as long as he owns us.

There will be others that will not start to come to matches though so we will see a higher average gate for next season.

Wasn't there supposed to be a campaign this season wanting people to boycott attending games until Mike Ashley had sold the club? I guess it wasn't a very successful campaign or the people who boycotted were replaced by newcomers.

Even when Keegan came back we weren't selling out the 52K every home game.

Wasn't there supposed to be a campaign this season wanting people to boycott attending games until Mike Ashley had sold the club? I guess it wasn't a very successful campaign or the people who boycotted were replaced by newcomers.

Even when Keegan came back we weren't selling out the 52K every home game.

Was that another NUST initiative?

Guest neesy111

the reason's the attendenace didn't fall dramatically:

1) Three Year Season Ticket (many fan's wished they never had bought the thing)

2) Family Section which was very successful

3) We won a lot.

Yep right there. Family enclosure is 5k! And they want to add an extra 850 where 1892 bar is at back of Leazes

Part of the silver lining to relegation was that the deadwood would be cleared and the club had a chance to 'spring clean'. This applied to the fans too. So whilst Owen, Duff, Viduka etc. were moved on, the grumpy moaning fans did as well.

Thankfully, we've benefitted both on and off the pitch with instant promotion and a new feel good factor around our football club  :aww:

Guest The_Scoreboard

A lot of the corporate ticket packages are unsold. Company I work for used to have a monthly draw for us and the mackems but cut back end of last season. Not sure when they stop counting how many have come in but doesnt seem very accurate to how many are in their seats after first 15-20 mins :rolleyes:

Are there not some stupidly priced tickets in the middle of the leazes?

Aye middle block I believe.

The back of the bottom tier of the Leazes is a joke really, I think making all 5 or so a blocks an extension of the family enclosure would be a decent move. Fill them and make a bit money instead of having an expensive bar or closed full stop.

How many 3 year tickets were sold though? Anyone got the figures for this? Can't believe that the numbers were THAT significant. Could be wrong though.

That's the thing.  Plus the people who committed to 3 years up front are most likely the type of supporters who would have gone this year, relegation or not.

How many 3 year tickets were sold though? Anyone got the figures for this? Can't believe that the numbers were THAT significant. Could be wrong though.

That's the thing.  Plus the people who committed to 3 years up front are most likely the type of supporters who would have gone this year, relegation or not.

Yep, I agree.

I know a few people who dropped their season tickets this year and have already bought 'em again for next season. Absolutely mental tbh, I mean, we haven't lost at home all season ffs - surely that's value for money?

By "gone" i assume you mean gone to the match, not gone away?

That's the thing. Plus the people who committed to 3 years up front are most likely the type of supporters who would have gone this year, relegation or not.

By "gone" i assume you mean gone to the match, not gone away?

:thup:  attended :lol: