NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

did anyone actually see much of him last season ? he had a purple patch about 18month-2 year ago but i know nowt of him since then. as far as i'm aware that may have been  the thin high point of his career.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

I did hear CH was quite cool on the thought of signing him recently, not sure why i'd have him any day.

not sure whether to put this in realistic or here but anyway, goslings apparently gone for nothing out of everton and us and sunderland leading the chase for him

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/news/England-U21-starlet-Dan-Gosling-walks-out-of-Everton-for-nothing-after-amazing-admin-error-Exclusive-article517849.html

Major cock up by Everton.  The lad's got talent.

Meanwhile, Chris Hughton has denied Newcastle are interested in Guinea striker Fode Mansare after the 28-year-old Toulouse striker was linked with a move this week.

He said: “He is not one of the players we are after although I’ve seen we have been linked with him. It’s not true, but it doesn’t concern me. There will always be speculation in football, it will be here next summer and in ten years time as well.”

Hughton has also denied the Magpies are close to finalising a loan deal for Manchester United’s Tom Cleverley.

http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2010/07/07/james-perch-sets-sights-on-danny-simpson-s-role-61634-26800556/2/

Guest BooBoo

Tidy player but any better than Guthrie? Plus that injury is a concern.

Undecided on this one.

Guest BooBoo

From what I've seen and heard off Evertonians, I don't think he's the type of central midfielder we need. Seems to have similar footballing attributes as Guthrie and Barton.