NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest neesy111

Scott Wilson from the Echo say's no major signings, just a couple of cheap signings or loans!

this say's everything about the club at the moment

Guest neesy111

Scott Wilson from the Echo say's no major signings, just a couple of cheap signings or loans!

this say's everything about the club at the moment

Can I just draw your attention to the bit in bold?

Northern Echo

Guest neesy111

Hard to be even remotely optimistic about this season anymore.

FFS man, nothing has actually changed! Were we expecting a load of quality signings? Of course not.

why doesn't hughton try to do some wheeling dealing then, unless he expects this squad to stay up.  If he does I feel he's been a little naive

Hard to be even remotely optimistic about this season anymore.

FFS man, nothing has actually changed! Were we expecting a load of quality signings? Of course not.

We're 2 weeks away from end of the window with a team that is barely Prem quality. I didn't expect big signings but I atleast expected some of the glaring inefficiencies in the squad to be filled.

The three players thing's a wind-up. :thup:

Clearly. It was just a personal joke that I posted to amuse myself. Apologies to all if anyone took it seriously. Blame it on Pilko.

I didn't believe you. But still, what was the fucking point of that? ???

With a bit of imagination, you could probably do quite a bit with a limited amount of money but I don't think we have the knowledge or experience to do that.  If we have spent £1.5m on Perch, I am sure that could have been better invested. 

Have some faith in the team lads. we knew all alone what this season was all about and as said above, NOTHING has change.

Small steps forward on and off the field will bring sucess to the club in the long term. anyway. I just love to watch the team on the field and foloow them through the seasons. If we gets some transfers, sure, I will be happy. but untill then I support the team. I know the club is doing everything they can to strengthen the team, but this is NOT the FM ffs and we don´t know what is going on behind the scens. but until then, as I said, I will concentrat on the preformens on the field.

come on lads :clap2:

Guest BooBoo

This season could easily be a Sunderland/ Derby esque affair. We are two injuries away from being wrecked before we begin.

For the club not to address this is grossly negligent.

Some people still seem shocked that it doesn't look like Ashley is investing much money in the squad. He said that was what he was going to do in his "no capital outlay" statement, it was more of a surprise that we shelled out some money for Perch tbh.

Ashley clearly thinks that with a few cheap/no capital cost additions we have a squad that can stay up - and if we can get a player of genuine quality for "no capital outlay"so much the better but if not, so be it. As it happens I also think the current squad can stay up, but there's clearly a risk (especially if there is an injury epidemic), and I doubt it would be in much better than about 15th place...And it looks like that's a gamble Ashley is prepared to take.

I can't see any true fan supporting this strategy but that's what we are stuck with.

Guest BooBoo

Yes but the no capital outlay was one thing but why have we sat with our thumb up our arse while quality players have moved for free transfers or season loans. Where were we for the likes of Weiss and Onouha?

Some people still seem shocked that it doesn't look like Ashley is investing much money in the squad. He said that was what he was going to do in his "no capital outlay" statement, it was more of a surprise that we shelled out some money for Perch tbh.

Ashley clearly thinks that with a few cheap/no capital cost additions we have a squad that can stay up - and if we can get a player of genuine quality for "no capital outlay"so much the better but if not, so be it. As it happens I also think the current squad can stay up, but there's clearly a risk (especially if there is an injury epidemic), and I doubt it would be in much better than about 15th place...And it looks like that's a gamble Ashley is prepared to take.

I can't see any true fan supporting this strategy but that's what we are stuck with.

Its just that its so f***ing hard to believe that Ashley and co do not realise how undermanned and lacking quality the squad is and think that everything will be ok. I cannot fathom how f***ing stupid they are to approach the tranfer market in the way they are.

Tiote is a really good player, but I'm happy we're not after him. If we have that kind of money to spend, I want it spent on a striker/Ben Arfa-type. A defensive midfielder would be nice, but its not top of the priorities.

Yes but the no capital outlay was one thing but why have we sat with our thumb up our arse while quality players have moved for free transfers or season loans. Where were we for the likes of Weiss and Onouha?

Totaly agree!

I was under the impression that we would get some good players on loan to help out, but nah.

:angry:

Its just that its so f***ing hard to believe that Ashley and co do not realise how undermanned and lacking quality and think that everything will be ok. I cannot fathom how f***ing stupid they are to approach the tranfer market in the way they are.

I'm sure Ashley and Houghton know that we're lacking quality, but if we've got no money to spend on decent players - what else can we do?

We can only afford to buy players on the cheap and go for cheap loan deals.

You don't even have to spend money to fill the massive holes in our squad.

We have no pacey striker to play off Carroll.

We have no depth out wide, at all.

We have no physicallity or energy in midfield.

We have no back-up at LB.

We have no pace as an option in defence.

All of these things will come back to hurt us desperately. Even if they had been filled with adequate loans and bargain signings it would have been much better than not addressing these issues whatsoever. We're an injury or 2 away from being screwed, completely.

Its just that its so f***ing hard to believe that Ashley and co do not realise how undermanned and lacking quality and think that everything will be ok. I cannot fathom how f***ing stupid they are to approach the tranfer market in the way they are.

I'm sure Ashley and Houghton know that we're lacking quality, but if we've got no money to spend on decent players - what else can we do?

We can only afford to buy players on the cheap and go for cheap loan deals.

Even if they do know, the fact that nothing is being done about it is ridiculous. As you said, all we can afford to do is buy players on the cheap and get players in on loan, but the fact of the matter is, we have failed to even do that successfully.