NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Aye, f*** showing foriegn football, Sky should play something else instead, like more foriegn tennis, golf, basketball! :lol:

Jesus christ man honestly, wtf?

Wouldn't mind, but it's all la liga and i hate it.

It pisses me off so much that they don't show Saturday 3pm kick offs either.  Considering there are usually 10 prem matches on in a weekend, you'd think that they could show footy on a Sat PM.  What am I paying my money for?  I don't want to see some greasy spanish cunts rolling round like fannies on the floor.  We've already got an Argie who does that for us at SJP.

So no other links to players other than Ireland?

If he's the only one in it's pretty poor by all involved tbh.

Can't agree there. It will be a great transfer window if we kept hold of Carroll, Barton, Tiote, Enrique etc. and manage to bring in HBA & Ireland.

Prices are so inflated and players are so reluctant to move in January that you'll struggle to make wholesale changes.

Populist bollocks. There has been loads of decent signings this Jan.

Really?

Maybe not in the Premiership but if you cast your net a bit wider yes.

Rakitic, the 2 defenders from espanyol, Andrea Barzagli, Pazzini, Buenonotte, & Gary Medel have all moved for below what is probably their true value off the top of my head.

We play in the Premier League, so your point is moot. Only Bent has moved for big money so far and that's fairly unprecedented for this time of year.

But we are allowed to buy players from outside of it. Hell, even HBA was a potentially a steal at what we paid. You need to be creative in the January window.

Just because clubs should be creative doesn't mean they actually are though. The reality of the situation is that Premier League clubs don't experience major movement in January. With only one month to do a deal it's a sellers market - you either pay what is demanded or you go elsewhere. The only clubs who do spend big in January are the teams who need to (Villa buying Bent, for example) or the teams who have more money than sense.

My point is that bringing in two, possibly three players with no outgoings would be a very good January for us. Bontempi said we've done poorly and I disagreed in the strongest possible terms. There are a number of positions I would like to see us improve but anyone who expected us to go into January and buy a right back, a left back, a centre back, a right winger, a play maker and a couple of strikers is clearly touched.

Can't agree there. It will be a great transfer window if we kept hold of Carroll, Barton, Tiote, Enrique etc. and manage to bring in HBA & Ireland.

Prices are so inflated and players are so reluctant to move in January that you'll struggle to make wholesale changes.

Really?

Rakitic, the 2 defenders from espanyol, Andrea Barzagli, Pazzini, Buenonotte, & Gary Medel have all moved for below what is probably their true value off the top of my head.

We play in the Premier League, so your point is moot. Only Bent has moved for big money so far and that's fairly unprecedented for this time of year.

But we are allowed to buy players from outside of it. Hell, even HBA was a potentially a steal at what we paid. You need to be creative in the January window.

Just because clubs should be creative doesn't mean they actually are though. The reality of the situation is that Premier League clubs don't experience major movement in January. With only one month to do a deal it's a sellers market - you either pay what is demanded or you go elsewhere. The only clubs who do spend big in January are the teams who need to (Villa buying Bent, for example) or the teams who have more money than sense.

My point is that bringing in two, possibly three players with no outgoings would be a very good January for us. Bontempi said we've done poorly and I disagreed in the strongest possible terms. There are a number of positions I would like to see us improve but anyone who expected us to go into January and buy a right back, a left back, a centre back, a right winger, a play maker and a couple of strikers is clearly touched.

I totally agree with the second point. Not losing anyone key was key although I'd not have let Routledge go. The only way we'd have bought would've been a Larsson esque buy (taking advantage of a contract situation) & like that type of transfer I was just saying there are bargains to be had but not necessarily on a wholesale manner. Hopefully we'll see at least 3 or 4 of the positions mentioned come in the summer.

It pisses me off so much that they don't show Saturday 3pm kick offs either.  Considering there are usually 10 prem matches on in a weekend, you'd think that they could show footy on a Sat PM.  What am I paying my money for?  I don't want to see some greasy spanish c***s rolling round like fannies on the floor.  We've already got an Argie who does that for us at SJP.

Think you might have accidentaly subscribed to the wrong Sky package mate :lol:

Really?

I totally agree with the second point. Not losing anyone key was key although I'd not have let Routledge go. The only way we'd have bought would've been a Larsson esque buy (taking advantage of a contract situation) & like that type of transfer I was just saying there are bargains to be had but not necessarily on a wholesale manner. Hopefully we'll see at least 3 or 4 of the positions mentioned come in the summer.

Oh aye, we definitely need competition for Simpson, back up for Enrique, a right winger that would make Thatcher jealous and a partner for Carroll. I'm happy to wait until the summer though.

Really?

can something actually be "fairly unprecedented" ?

It pisses me off so much that they don't show Saturday 3pm kick offs either.  Considering there are usually 10 prem matches on in a weekend, you'd think that they could show footy on a Sat PM.  What am I paying my money for?  I don't want to see some greasy spanish c***s rolling round like fannies on the floor.  We've already got an Argie who does that for us at SJP.

That would be a better use of my money.  Although Saturday afternoons would be awkward with the wife and bairn like...

Really?

Oh aye, we definitely need competition for Simpson, back up for Enrique, a right winger that would make Thatcher jealous and a partner for Carroll. I'm happy to wait until the summer though.

Pretty much every post you make sums it up perfectly. Such sensible views have no place on a football forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

Really?

Pretty much every post you make sums it up perfectly. Such sensible views have no place on a football forum, you should be ashamed of yourself.

:thup: he should be more like James or myself.

That would be a better use of my money.  Although Saturday afternoons would be awkward with the wife and bairn like...

3pms aren't televised cos it would reduce attendances for the lower league, that reason rings a bell might be wrong

3pms aren't televised cos it would reduce attendances for the lower league, that reason rings a bell might be wrong

Yeah that's what I thought.

think it is time for a change regarding 3pm saturday games - all premiership matches should be available to watch, even if only via online packages. everyone is already doing it with the various streaming sites, but i would pay £10 or £15 a month to watch newcastle games on a good quality stream with little/no delays.

think it is time for a change regarding 3pm saturday games - all premiership matches should be available to watch, even if only via online packages. everyone is already doing it with the various streaming sites, but i would pay £10 or £15 a month to watch newcastle games on a good quality stream with little/no delays.

I'd say £10/£15 is too cheap. The charge per game would have to be the price of the cheapest match day ticket.

It's all moot anyway as Sky would never allow it to happen.

I'd say £10/£15 is too cheap. The charge per game would have to be the price of the cheapest match day ticket.

They'd LOVE it to happen!

Never heard of sky.com?

They'd LOVE it to happen!

Never heard of sky.com?

Loads of people would fuck their £50/month Sky package off though, so they'd be down.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If we got Sturridge and Ireland in i would be pleased with the window as long as the summer window was an active one