NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Heneage

What happened with Cisse at sunderland? Sure I'm right in thinking he wasn't even getting in their team by the end, and they were dire.

The short answer is he was told he'd be signed permanently which was revoked not too long after January which left him really annoyed.

http://www.parolesdefoot.com/mercato/11352/om-wendt-interesse/

Marseille, Liverpool, us & Fulham liked with Copenhagen left-back Oscar Wendt.

Don't know if he has PL-class, but he's been a cut above the rest of the danish league in terms of left backs trough the last 2 seasons. He's an very attacking fullback-type who has a s***load of assists for a LB, and he's for free in the summer. Don't know if he would be interested in signing if José is still here, even though he would be a very nice backup.

Cisse can be very streaky.  When he's good, he's good.  When he's off, he's awful.  You'd have to have another option for when he slumps.

Carlton Cole would also impede Rangers progress.  An older player who can still be effective who could help tutor Ranger would be ideal.  That player could give you a year or two and then step aside for (hopefully) Ranger.

I'd love to see Hooper here.

Hooper? No way! He's in no way premier league class!

As someone who watched him week in, week out, I disagree strongly.

Scored more for a poor Scunthorpe team than Carroll did for a rampant Newcastle team last season.

I guarantee that Hooper will play for England one day.

In hindsight, I think it was strange that we didn't go for Hooper. He cost only £2.4 mill

Spent long enough watching him. Never actually made a bid though.

Maybe they didn't see him as compatible with Carroll. I've only seen one match with Copper, latest Old Firm. My impression after that game, is that he's a man with the nose for a goal: good finisher, good runs. But he's not a Bellamy type of player. Which probably what we were after when looking for a striking partner for Carroll..  Or am I completely off the mark now?

In hindsight, I think it was strange that we didn't go for Hooper. He cost only £2.4 mill

Spent long enough watching him. Never actually made a bid though.

Maybe they didn't see him as compatible with Carroll. I've only seen one match with Copper, latest Old Firm. My impression after that game, is that he's a man with the nose for a goal: good finisher, good runs. But he's not a Bellamy type of player. Which probably what we were after when looking for a striking partner for Carroll..  Or am I completely off the mark now?

Hooper you mean?

He's a striker who can either sit right on the last defender, or drop deep and use his pace to turn them. Great finisher and a good goal-poacher. He's never really been one to come and get the ball and dribble through 4 defenders, but since going to Celtic he seems more capable of that.

He scored a stupidly high amount of goals for a very poor team last season, and he certainly made the right move going to an easier league than the English premiership. He'll be there in he next couple of years though, without doubt.

Guest toonlass

Blef:

January 2010, Hooper at Scunthorpe: We should sign him.

1 year later, Hooper at Celtic: Not good enough.

Seen more of him at Celtic, plus we were in the Championship.

P.S. I think the world of Kenny Miller but don't think he'd be up to Premiership standard.

Guest toonlass

Blef:

I remember how good she (and plenty others) said Boyd was anarl. Only just makes it onto the Boro bench these days.

I'll freely admit I was wrong about Boyd.

Blef:

Seen more of him at Celtic, plus we were in the Championship.

P.S. I think the world of Kenny Miller but don't think he'd be up to Premiership standard.

Looked to see how he was getting on out of curiosity after seeing that post, 4 in 5 for Bursaspor so far.

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy' date=' there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."[/quote']

Eh?

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."

Eh?

WHere was that quoted from?

Newcastle midfielder Cheik Tiote has revealed why he rejected a deadline-day move to Chelsea in January to stay with the Magpies. He said that the players made him feel welcome and he added: "Newcastle life is good for me. It is not like London - London is too busy, there are too many people. That makes it easier to focus on your job."

Eh?

WHere was that quoted from?

Saw it from BBC gossip, but entire article - 'http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1361098/Newcastle-star-Cheik-Tiote-happy-snubbed-Chelsea.html'  absolutely nought in there regards to Chelsea mind, odd nonetheless.

Guest reefatoon

London to busy for him?

http://img3.photographersdirect.com/img/13725/wm/pd2389774.jpg

:tiote:

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3202/3134757225_cf681b4bd9.jpg