NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

:lol: You deleted it. :lol: At least leave it there and stand by it. I can't believe you just folded. That's even worse. This has been a bad day for you, you should just get to bed or something.

I plan to at some point, now let me wallow in my shame and go cry :( lol

Alan Pardew is relishing a dive into the transfer market but the Newcastle boss will put his plans on ice until Barclays Premier League survival is assured.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1372344/Alan-Pardew-puts-Newcastle-transfer-talk-backburner.html#ixzz1IHqXgBPO

Copenhagen left-back Oscar Wendt has confirmed his agent is in talks with several clubs across Europe over a move this summer, with Premier League giants Liverpool and Newcastle and Championship leaders QPR all involved.

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/859769-oscar-wendt-talks-begin-with-liverpool-newcastle-and-qpr

:dowie:

He has been poor at Cardiff imo. Of course Jones playing him on the left wing/midfield in a 442 has not helped Bellamy become the standout player of the Championship which most of us thought he would be when he joined Cardiff.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/03/alan-pardew-focusing-on-youth-in-the-summer-hunt-79310-28448852/

Alan Pardew focusing on youth in the summer hunt

Apr 3 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW says he will place a premium on youth in his hunt for new players this summer.

The Newcastle boss is after young, athletic players to supplement his squad and will not be tempted down the route of signing experienced old hands.

It is all part of the blueprint for success that the club are working towards – a plan that has seen them scour the European leagues looking for new recruits.

“We’re looking at a younger striker,” Pardew confirmed.

“We’ve got Ben Arfa, we want a younger team here.

“If you look at some of the successful clubs across Europe there is youth in those teams, as well as pace.

“That is something I am looking to introduce at Newcastle.”

Pardew has also brushed off talk of a bid for Aston Villa’s out-of-favour midfielder Nigel Reo-Coker.

Reo-Coker is out of contract at the end of the season but Pardew – who worked with him at West Ham – says he has no intention of bringing him to St James’ Park.

“There’s no truth in the reports that we’ve contacted Nigel.

“There’s no negotiations and he won’t be coming here,” he said.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/03/alan-smith-happy-to-stay-with-newcastle-united-79310-28448850/

Alan Smith happy to stay with Newcastle United

Apr 3 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN SMITH wants to remain at St James’ Park and fight for his Newcastle United future.

The Toon midfielder is out for the rest of the season with an ankle injury and was heavily linked with a summer move to Rangers last weekend.

As one of the biggest earners on the United squad, there has been speculation about whether Alan Pardew will look to move him on to free up wages in his squad.

However, the Sunday Sun understands there is no intention to sell the experienced player at this time – and his agent Alex Black says there has been no contact from Rangers.

After a decent start to the season, Smith was replaced in the side by Chieck Tiote, who has been in superb form since signing from Twente.

Despite failing to dislodge the Ivorian, Smith remains a valuable, experienced member of the squad and a key part of the valued players’ committee.

According to his long-serving agent Black, Smith remains happy at St James’ Park as he approaches the final year of his five-year contract.

He said: “You become used to speculation about Alan – there has been plenty over the last few years, but Alan is quite happy at Newcastle United.

“He wants to get back fit and this is all just speculation.

“There is genuinely nothing going on with Alan and a move to Rangers.”

Although there is little hope of him being available again before the end of the season, Smith will resume running next week.

He was at a golf event in Spain last month putting stress on the ankle for the first time since it was injured in a crunching Kieran Richardson tackle in the Wear-Tyne derby.

Black said: “The injury is recovering well. We were in Spain last week – he needs to walk on it so that was the thinking in going out there.

“I think the plan is to begin running on it this week.

“I don’t think anyone wants him to rush back if it means him injuring the ankle again.”

"We were in Spain last week – he needs to walk on it so that was the thinking in going out there."

:lol: Because it's impossible to walk anywhere in England?

He may be happy to stay but we're not happy for him to stay. Must be the priority this summer in terms of shifting players.

Trouble is he knows he's well passed his best and knows no other club will pay him anywhere near the supposed £60K a week he is on with us. He'll probably sit tight for the last year of his contract and then retire, go abroad or play in the Championship. He'll be almost impossible to sell.

He may be happy to stay but we're not happy for him to stay. Must be the priority this summer in terms of shifting players.

Trouble is he knows he's well passed his best and knows no other club will pay him anywhere near the supposed £60K a week he is on with us. He'll probably sit tight for the last year of his contract and then retire, go abroad or play in the Championship. He'll be almost impossible to sell.

Even if we have to loan him out with a team paying part of his wages to run down his contract I'd take it. What ever keeps him away from our team.

Aye Smiths wages are a massive waste of money, no way he will leave for a lower wage. Loaning him out would be great even if we can get 50% of his wages paid.

I think it's a chance that he'll retire this summer. He said that his ankle never will be the same as before the fracture. He may end up crippled if the ankle continues to take hits.. Maybe he's not willing to take that chance.