NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Didn't know Seb Larsson is/could be a free agent this summer.

Replacing Barton with this guy would be a travesty.

If Barton won't sign a new contract I wouldn't have a problem with us signing Larsson as his replacement (although as others have said, he'd be Routledge's replacement).

Larsson's record this season: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/l/larsson_297197.stm

Barton's record this season: -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/shared/bsp/hi/football/statistics/players/b/barton_256600.stm

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/04/17/pardew-we-re-already-in-transfer-action-79310-28533627/

Pardew: We’re already in transfer action

Apr 17 2011 by Mark Douglas, Sunday Sun

ALAN PARDEW has revealed Newcastle United have already tabled offers for new players and out- of-contract stars.

The club are set to return to Toulouse with a fresh offer for highly-rated France under-21 left-back Cheikh M’Bengue in the next few weeks – and have enquired about several “experienced” players who are nearing the end of their contracts.

And as transfer efforts are stepped up, the Sunday Sun can also reveal that United have opened negotiations with West Ham target Danny Simpson over a new deal.

Pardew said: “We’ve had two or three meetings, we’ve contacted some players who are out of contract in the summer. We’re allowed to do that.

“We’ve contacted a couple of clubs about players who are under contract to see their situation. We’re very much down the road in signing the sort of players we think can add to the club.”

United are looking at Lille star Gervinho and retain an interest in Birmingham winger Seb Larsson, who is out of contract and available on a free in the summer.

And calming fears that he will buy purely potential this summer, Pardew said that playing at the very highest level on a consistent basis is “crucial” for any players coming in.

“All of the players that we’ve contacted have good experience,” he said. “It’s more about having 150 games under your belt than a 19-year-old with potential.

“They need to have played at a very high level for us to be interested in them and to warrant coming here, in my view.

“There may be one we take a fancy to, but most are established players.”

Although their interest in M’Bengue would suggest Jose Enrique will leave the club in the summer, Newcastle have not given up hope of retaining him for next season. But the ball rests firmly in the player’s court.

'But the ball rests firmly in the player's court'

Our PR department is working overtime to make sure Enrique leaves as a greedy money-grabbing t*** and not as someone leaving for a club with more ambition.

It's not a quote from Pardew, so i wouldnt read too much into that.

I know. It's a quote from an article written by a journalist (in this case, but in many other cases it is other journalists) who have access to people in our regime. There's a way to frame these things. You saw the way shit went down at the end of the transfer window. Llambias and co obviously have no qualms about omitting certain facts when presenting their side of the picture (and that's done through the press, obviously) and I have no doubt that this is either pressuring Enrique to declare that he wants to stay, or it is slowly but subtly painting him as someone who's after the money and someone who we are better off without.

You won't get an official quote saying that because that's going to automatically alienate the player if what you're saying is not true. That's why Pardew has been saying 'Enrique has asked to wait until the end of the season' because that is obviously what Enrique has said. If he has said 'we are waiting on Enrique' and it wasn't true, Enrique would instantly respond. So you let someone else say it, someone not directly associated with the club. A journalist is perfect for this.

Our PR department is working overtime to make sure Enrique leaves as a greedy money-grabbing t*** and not as someone leaving for a club with more ambition.

but it's true, they've made him an ofer and now its up to the player.

Nah man madras. They're holding a gun to his head and he's not allowed to come out and say that they're lying and that he doesn't want to leave.

None of us have any idea what kind of offer they've made and what conditions are attached to it. Saying they've made an offer and saying it's up to Enrique is far too simple a conclusion to make.

If Enrique rejects whatever offer the club has made is he a money-grabbing footballer? I'm willing to bet a lot of money that this is what the club will say, and Enrique will move on to a club with more ambition, say all the things that you'd expect someone like him to say ('I want to play in the CL, I want to win trophies etc.') and half the people on here will still think he's a money-grabbing twat and not realise that with the third biggest stadium in the country and one of the most loyal fanbases, there shouldn't be any doubt that we should be aiming to play in the Champions League.

Are Colocho and Pip really thinking that our 'PR department' are writing articles with the Journal?

You'll never make it as a journalist if you don't sometimes write articles based on stuff that your source has said even though you know that he's just playing you. It's a give and take. Do you think these journalists would have any information about what happens at the club if they don't, from time to time, write articles that paint the club in a good light? If any journalist repeatedly writes shit about the club, do you think Llambias lets him into St. James'? If the past few years has taught all of us anything about the way this club is run, it's that there are certain journalists/newspapers that are clued up on what happens at the club, and this access to information that other journalists/newspapers don't possess comes at a price.

None of us have any idea what kind of offer they've made and what conditions are attached to it. Saying they've made an offer and saying it's up to Enrique is far too simple a conclusion to make.

If Enrique rejects whatever offer the club has made is he a money-grabbing footballer? I'm willing to bet a lot of money that this is what the club will say, and Enrique will move on to a club with more ambition, say all the things that you'd expect someone like him to say ('I want to play in the CL, I want to win trophies etc.') and half the people on here will still think he's a money-grabbing t*** and not realise that with the third biggest stadium in the country and one of the most loyal fanbases, there shouldn't be any doubt that we should be aiming to play in the Champions League.

how so, you are making out he's a money grabber, all the club have said is that they've made him an offer and it's up to him. the press will come up with something then it's up to the player or club, whoever feels wronged, to refute that. in the carroll case the club never mentioned his wages just that he said he wanted to talk to liverpool and the club would want that in writing.

the rest is down to your prejudice and the press.

it seems we're being linked to quite a few french speaking players? makes good sense to me, tiote and ben arfa should be the future of this team and surrounded by like minded folk

The Arsenal model finally coming together.

Are Colocho and Pip really thinking that our 'PR department' are writing articles with the Journal?

You'll never make it as a journalist if you don't sometimes write articles based on stuff that your source has said even though you know that he's just playing you. It's a give and take. Do you think these journalists would have any information about what happens at the club if they don't, from time to time, write articles that paint the club in a good light? If any journalist repeatedly writes shit about the club, do you think Llambias lets him into St. James'? If the past few years has taught all of us anything about the way this club is run, it's that there are certain journalists/newspapers that are clued up on what happens at the club, and this access to information that other journalists/newspapers don't possess comes at a price.

Lee Ryder?

Guest Heneage

You'll never make it as a journalist if you don't sometimes write articles based on stuff that your source has said even though you know that he's just playing you. It's a give and take. Do you think these journalists would have any information about what happens at the club if they don't, from time to time, write articles that paint the club in a good light? If any journalist repeatedly writes s*** about the club, do you think Llambias lets him into St. James'? If the past few years has taught all of us anything about the way this club is run, it's that there are certain journalists/newspapers that are clued up on what happens at the club, and this access to information that other journalists/newspapers don't possess comes at a price.

No certain 'journalists' are banned when they write sensationalist pieces with little to no substance to back up their claims. If you're ever going to make it as a journalist yes you need good working relationships. That however does not extend to writing articles based on things you believe to be bollocks. I think the writer Mark Douglas is a fairly sound journalist who writes some good stuff from time to time.

If it was coming from Lee Ryder who I think tows the club line and is happy to be for the administration if it means he gets a phone call now and again with inside information .

This club may have become more media savvy but to think they outright dictate articles like some form of dictatorship administration. I think some of the problem is those who dislike the clubs owners let it seep into all avenues. So the thought of Enrique putting himself first or being portrayed as someone who may be selfish is all the work of those in charge of the football club like some puppeteers.

I mean look at the article we are discussing. All it says is the ball is in Enrique's court. Meaning the offer is there it's just his decision whether he wants to discuss, reject, or accept it.