NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

A lot of Pardew's interviews lately don't fill me with confidence I have to say.  Saying things like "trying to get the owner to spend" and talking to Llambias about how much will be reinvested.  We needed to spend a fair bit before Carroll left, so we should be spending at least £20m-£25m on 3 or 4new players, can't see that happening though.

If we sign Carlton Cole, I'll be forced to destroy my retinas beyond repair.

And this is coming from someone named after Shola... think on.

Aye, but Shola's our donkey.

Can't be dealing with us spending some precious Carroll money on another mule.

A lot of Pardew's interviews lately don't fill me with confidence I have to say.  Saying things like "trying to get the owner to spend" and talking to Llambias about how much will be reinvested.  We needed to spend a fair bit before Carroll left, so we should be spending at least £20m-£25m on 3 or 4new players, can't see that happening though.

aye its not so much "it will be " as " i hope it will be"

"we're going to bring in four or five players"

Read More Source

Better? :razz:

Thinking back i can't think of many good signings Pardew has made in his career. Yossi Benayoun is the only one that springs to mind.

I don't know much about his past signings TBH, but at a glance at his wiki page he signed Reo Coker, Zamora and Etherington for West Ham. As well as Benayoun and Dean Ashton, who would have been class apart from injuries. Even Harewood was alright for them IIRC.

Guest Antec

What makes it worse is that HE told us that all of the Carroll money would be spent on the team/squad/club. Now he's got the begging bowl out. Not good at all. If he's honest he'll admit he hasn't  got a clue what's going on,  not that it'll happen of course

aye its not so much "it will be " as " i hope it will be"

"we're going to bring in four or five players"

Read More Source

Better? :razz:

That articles from March.

I can seriously see us only bringing in 2 players plus selling Enrique.

We'll be f***ed next season, with Nolan a year older etc, we need at least 4 new players, 5 if we sell Enrique, crisis time if we end up selling Barton.

What makes it worse is that HE told us that all of the Carroll money would be spent on the team/squad/club. Now he's got the begging bowl out. Not good at all. If he's honest he'll admit he hasn't  got a clue what's going on,  not that it'll happen of course

:dowiespin:

Guest Flatline

honestly 4-5 "big" players... could be a busload of free transfers like elmander etc... Its pretty clear for all to see that Pardew has got fuck all to say about spending this summer... might as well interview Nolan about it as they seem to be on equal footing as far as having a say is concerned..

If the two players were say N'Zogbia and A.N.Shithotstriker AND we kept all the good players already at the club then you could feasibly argue that two was enough. Won't happen like that though.

Isn't it a bit early to start getting depressed on the basis of a few vague quotes?

Guest Chubby Jason

"trying to get him to spend" Fuck off man. Ashley promised reinvestment, so should deliver on it, the fat lying prick.

After the Carroll scenario he's probably not going to make a guarantee that he's not 100% sure he can keep.

I think he'll bring in N'Zogbia, Ireland and a striker then look to replace Campbell and Enrique if they leave.

Guest Antec

Isn't it a bit early to start getting depressed on the basis of a few vague quotes?

Depressed? No. Realistic about what's likely to happen? Certainly. I'd be happy with a decent squad, even if it cost virtually nothing

For fuck sake some of you.

Even if Ashley has promised money (privately) for transfers, Pards is hardly gonna blurt out in an interview/presser: "Yes, I had a chat with Mike and we've got £25m+ to spend this summer".

That would only serve to add £2, 3, 4 million onto a players valuation when we became interested. It's not the way to do business.

Remember the 'No Capital Outlay' speech last summer? We all thought we were doomed but we actually managed to have a very good window.

I can understand having reservations about Ashley/Llambias based on their previous but please don't make assumptions on our summer transfer activity based on a few vague quotes from Pards.

Unless there is some kind of official club statement relating to a lack of transfer funds then I'm holding out for a decent window.