NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

4 first team signings, or 2 first team signings with 2 exciting prospects signings who would be pushing on to be first team players would be decent window imo. We defiantly need a goal scoring striker (not cole) and a younger backup for Ben Arfa to play in the hole behind our main striker, because at the moment we don't know how he will play next season after the injury and I'd rather not have to rely on any of current strikers should he have another set back.  Regardless of how much money we have to spend we will never sort out all our problems in one window, so it would be a decent step forward for next season.

May mean fuck all but I remember the Mirror's Darren Lewis was first to break the news of the Carroll deal finally being done on deadline day. So I'll not dismiss the Cole story until there's a denial from Pardew.

I could see how such a deal may move to the top of Llambias's little list. It'll be a very easy deal to do. We can drive a hard bargain, get him cheap and the player would jump at the chance to come. There is the issue of the player's age, but they may be willing to forego that in order to strike a "bargain".

What does anything Pardew says at this moment in time regarding transfers actually matter? They all play this game at this time of year - throwing out non-committal soundbites about the number of new faces they want to bring in and acting all coy about their progress in the market. Managers aren't judged on what they say to the press before the window opens, they're judged on who they buy.

I, not being a complete fuckwit, will wait until the summer and see what happens rather than throwing a hissy about some throw away quotes in the local rags. Please join me.

Nah, fuck that! Sounds rubbish!

well it's down to quality isnt it, 4 players going straight into the first team would be great imo. i believe you have to do these things gradually as its best for the squad.

What does anything Pardew says at this moment in time regarding transfers actually matter? They all play this game at this time of year - throwing out non-committal soundbites about the number of new faces they want to bring in and acting all coy about their progress in the market. Managers aren't judged on what they say to the press before the window opens, they're judged on who they buy.

I, not being a complete fuckwit, will wait until the summer and see what happens rather than throwing a hissy about some throw away quotes in the local rags. Please join me.

I agree with all of that except the bit in bold.

:boomboom:

I'm going by what Pardew said approximately 1 Feb.

Along the lines of: "I have sought assurances from the owner that the £35m will be reinvested in the squad. That would be spent on wages as well, not just transfer fees."

I'm going by what Pardew said approximately 1 Feb.

Along the lines of: "I have sought assurances from the owner that the £35m will be reinvested in the squad. That would be spent on wages as well, not just transfer fees."

I wouldn't trust anything the owner said yesterday let alone over 3 months ago.  Ashley has the attention span of a moth and I hope Pardew can work him on a daily basis and do the club right during the window.

Never, ever seen the fuss about Reo-Coker. Mr Average personified.

Him and Sidwell in CM for Villa probably sent brummie to sleep.

Good at getting stuck in, little else. I'd take him for free as back up to Tiote like if there was no-one else available, would prefer us to sign a deep lying midfielder to play there though who can also get stuck in.

:thup:

So of the players he bought at West Ham I'd say these were decent:

ASHTON

BENAYOUN

COLLINS

ETHERINGTON

PANTSIL

REO-COKER

SHERINGHAM

TARRICO

ZAMORA

TARRICCO

Fuck off.....he was fucking shitter than shit.

Pantsil was shit for them also.And Gabbidon was a good player back then.