NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

nothing in that really, everyone whos not Man U or City are in danger of losing their best players in windows

agree with him about the stupidity of the transfer window system

i like that system, just wish it lasted the full season.

Guest Heneage

£30m for Tiote, £20m for Cabaye and £10m for Colo, yes we'd most likely sell.

If someone offered £80m for Rooney he'd be gone too.

Or that Ronaldo lad they've got.

Tiote to Chelsea - nailed on to happen. Question is, how much? Ashley will have seen how well Guthrie has done and will now doubtlessly be rubbing his hands.

Keep on selling your best players isn't a good thing at all.

Care to explain why it is 'nailed on'?

Tiote to Chelsea - nailed on to happen. Question is, how much? Ashley will have seen how well Guthrie has done and will now doubtlessly be rubbing his hands.

cos we sell all our best players, innit ?

The more we continue to compete on the pitch, the less likely we are to lose players. Why would the likes of Tiote and Coloccini leave at the moment when they have just as much chance of CL football as they do with Chelsea. Take the p*ss if you will, but I think if we get a result against Chelsea then there is a good chance that we could pull it off.

Of course this is me being very optimistic, but surely there has to come a point, say if we get to January still in the top 4, when Ashley & co must see that it is smarter to invest a little more in the team to secure CL football. Which will be worth a lot more to the club than player sales in the long run.

Guest elbee909

While they still have Jon Obi Mikel and Essien on their books, plus Ramires and Raul Meireles I'm not sure it's as nailed on as one might think.  Lampard is good for another season you'd think.

Been rumoured for a while and they will doubtlessly be looking to refresh parts of their ageing squad.

The more we continue to compete on the pitch, the less likely we are to lose players. Why would the likes of Tiote and Coloccini at the moment when they have just as much chance of CL football as they do with Chelsea. Take the piss if you will, but I think if we get a result against Chelsea then there is a good chance that we could pull it off.

Of course this is me being very optimistic, but surely there has to come a point, say if we get to January still in the top 4, when Ashley & co must see that it is smarter to invest a little more in the team to secure CL football. Which will be worth a lot more to the club than player sales in the long run.

Early signings of say Maiga & Clyne would go along way to showing we intend to build on what we got not just sit with our hands under our arses. I could sway some to stay.

I also think we should start making roads to sign Cahill, even if Bolton refuse this winter, at least start getting in to his head were a possible destination for him.

The more we continue to compete on the pitch, the less likely we are to lose players. Why would the likes of Tiote and Coloccini at the moment when they have just as much chance of CL football as they do with Chelsea. Take the p*ss if you will, but I think if we get a result against Chelsea then there is a good chance that we could pull it off.

Early signings of say Maiga & Clyne would go along way to showing we intend to build on what we got not just sit with our hands under our arses. I could sway some to stay.

I also think we should start making roads to sign Cahill, even if Bolton refuse this winter, at least start getting in to his head were a possible destination for him.

Completely agree, would love us to gazump everyone and sign Cahill. I understand Ashley's position of making the club of wanting to make the club as financially viable as possible and I even sort of get the stadium rebranding thing (though the Sports Direct Arena is still a f***ing awful name), but surely as a football owner you would like to be known as someone who helped the club return to the world's top club competition, rather than just someone who was a bit controversial but balanced the books.

Been rumoured for a while and they will doubtlessly be looking to refresh parts of their ageing squad.

Well you've absolutely convinced me. When you mentioned the rumours I was still sceptical, but if Chelsea are going to be signing new players he's as good as gone.

Guest elbee909

Well you've absolutely convinced me. When you mentioned the rumours I was still sceptical, but if Chelsea are going to be signing new players he's as good as gone.

:lol:

Ashley would be wise to notice how Levy handled Modric this summer. Yeah they could've made a bunch of moolah, but they're arguably better than Chelsea now. Whilst we aren't at Spurs' level, there really is no need to sell. Scary headline though!

Ashley would be wise to notice how Levy handled Modric this summer. Yeah they could've made a bunch of moolah, but they're arguably better than Chelsea now. Whilst we aren't at Spurs' level, there really is no need to sell. Scary headline though!

Exactly, purely on money basis, which is the only thing that'd probably convince him, you make a team to get us further up table, makes more money for us, don't tinker with it for short term cash and then watch us do worse.

You'd like to think that were we still in a CL/Europa spot by the time the window comes around, that Ashley would see the potential revenue from that as a reason not to start selling players like a tit. I speak of course from the dimension of sense, one that Ashley only seems to visit now and then.

if we get a ludicrous offer for any of our player they're gone we all know that, now the question is would Chelsea put in a £20m plus offer for Tiote?

Personally I think they're going to try and get Romeu as their holding player over time and with Essien to come back and Mikel still there I would think its more of a creative type they'll be looking for

L'Equipe linking us with Giroud (who got a hattrick yesterday) again. Definitely a good player, but as we've all but sealed Maiga, I guess it won't happen. Not in January anyway.

"After recruiting Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux or Hatem Ben Arfa, Newcastle continues to scrutinize the Ligue 1. According to L'Equipe on Sunday, the Magpies have fallen in love with Olivier Giroud they supervise at each meeting."

The nature of the beast in football is that the clubs with loads of money will always look to poach quality players and massively increased salaries are always going to be a temptation for players too. It would be stupid to sell any key player in January because we've seen the effects before. The problem is Ashley is a business man not a football man and will always think of the £££££££ first.

Tiote is clearly the most likely to go but the one thing working in our favour is the team is riding high playing great and there seems to be a fantastic spirit at the club. After Chelsea there are a run of games where we can pick up more points and continue to cement out top four place. Chelsea meanwhile could be out of the Champions league and don't look like turning the corner just yet.

The dynamics of whether Ashley would simply force a transfer aside, would Tiote want to move there if an offer came in in Jan?