NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Not sure that the players who were around when we were relegated would welcome Bassong back.  Don't think he did himself any favours at the time.

We got rid of all that old/disruptive/overpaid/greedy/shit lot tbh.

Cabaye? Ben Arfa?

Nedum Onuoha would represent the best value for money defender in January for me.

He did't look much when he played for the Makems.

He did well. Had some good games, had some poor ones.

My maths would suggest he was average then...

Not sure that the players who were around when we were relegated would welcome Bassong back.  Don't think he did himself any favours at the time.

We got rid of all that old/disruptive/overpaid/greedy/s*** lot tbh.

Cabaye? Ben Arfa?

The fuck? I didn't think you could get more menstrual. How wrong am I.

Cabaye: Came here (doubling his wages in the process) and rejected the opportunity to defend a league title and play in the Champions league for the club he came through the juniors at. It goes without saying that he isn't held in the highest regard by Lille fans...

Ben Arfa: Went on strike to force through a move following fall-outs with players and members of the coaching staff (including the manager).

I would say we do have players who could be accused of being disruptive/greedy on our books. Yet, you'll still see people calling Beye, Bassong, Enrique, Carroll, Nolan, Barton, the list goes on the same terms.

Cabaye  - Came here (doubling his wages in the process) and rejected the opportunity to defend a league title and play in the Champions league for the club he came through the juniors at.

So what?

The hypocrisy in calling the likes of Nolan and Enrique money-grabbing/greedy etc. Half of the tools who call them such things will be saying the same about Coloccini in the summer...

Cabaye  - Came here (doubling his wages in the process) and rejected the opportunity to defend a league title and play in the Champions league for the club he came through the juniors at.

So what?

The hypocrisy in calling the likes of Nolan and Enrique money-grabbing/greedy etc. Half of the tools who call them such things will be saying the same about Coloccini in the summer...

I actually don't think Enrique or Cabaye for that matter were wrong in what they did. Enrique left wanting more recognition in his own country somethins he's getting as he plays for Liverpool and not because of money. I think he made the right choice in that sense that his biggest dream is to play for the national team and he'll have a bigger chance at getting there playing for Liverpool (hurts to say it, but that's the truth).

Cabaye left the French League, which in no way is even close to being as big as the english. He left a team which he had been playing with for 10 (???) years. He left a team where he possibly felt he won everything that he could win. He left a club to play for a club which is one of the biggest outside of France in terms of recognition with players like Ginola, Robert and Waddle who played here. Ben Arfa coming here also raised our reputation in France. Also he left Villeneuve-d'Ascq little Stade Lille-Metropole with a capacity of around 20 000 for a stadium with great history with around 52 000 seats.

Now Nolan on the other hand, left a team for a lower league side looking for his last paycheck, that's his life decision and economically he probably made the right thing for himself. But he left us for a club for his last paycheck, meaning he is a fat greedy fuck ;). I'm happy he did it, as it was the right decision for all parties involved.

But don't compare Enrique or Cabaye with Nolan, as they never did it for their last paycheck.

It's nothing to do with Cabaye wanting to play in the best league in the world, as most footballers do.

of course not :rolleyes: although a quote from todays chronicle kind of backs it up

He added: “I came to England with Lille to play Manchester United in the Champions League a few years ago.

“I did not get on, but it gave me the buzz of the big English grounds.

“Now I am getting this each week – I am delighted.

So what?

so if colo colo leaves and it's not because of the money we needn't bother offering him much more than he's already got then ?

there are many who want to portray our club as willing to sell anyone for any sort of profit but if you go through player for player thats far from the case. nolan and enrique left for differing reasons, as did carroll (whom i believe would still be here had the club gave him the rise he wanted).

It's nothing to do with Cabaye wanting to play in the best league in the world, as most footballers do.

La Liga?

La Liga best league in the world? Absolutely no way.

The football is often lovely to watch, but you're right. The EPL stands tallest and has for a while.

Depends what you think makes it the best.

Personally as a match going fan I wish the Premier League was more like the Bundesliga. Of course, the German teams don't compete in Europe in the same way but frankly how well Chelsea or Manchester United 'represent' this country continentally doesn't concern me in any way. They represent their club only and even that's a push these days when you consider where the financing, manager, board and players come from.

The Premier League tends to have a tempo that can make even the shittest quality teams (Wolves vs mackems the other day for example) fun to watch. Despite all the money sloshing around the teams towards the lower end of the league still largely splurge on dross and short term solutions. Maybe if the money that trickled down went on building up the youth setups of these clubs then the national team wouldn't have such slim pickings in terms of players. Or maybe employing managers that have a long-term plan for the clubs instead of just picking off the managerial merrygo round over and over again might make for more actual progress.

The league is the best marketed, richest and most profitable but the whole thing is a crock of shit tbh. It's a corporate playground built on sand and hardly anything to bleat about proudly like pundits and the likes do. I do enjoy watching the Premier League, particularly considering that the money involved has brought in some fantastic players (watching Silva almost makes the plastic nature of their success excusable) but I hardly take pride in how 'strong' the league is. Anybody that does is a bit of a whopper tbh.

Giroud and Mbiwa might be ruled out if the Montpellier chairman sticks to his word.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/16415/7357190/Montpellier-rule-out-sales

Montpellier chairman Louis Nicollin claims no sales will be sanctioned in January, despite speculation linking the club's key men with moves.

It is reported that the likes of Younes Belhanda, Mapou Yanga-Mbiwa and Olivier Giroud are attracting interest from afar.

Premier League outfit Newcastle are the latest to be linked with Giroud, as Alan Pardew attempts to bolster his attacking options.

The Magpies are also believed to hold an interest in highly-rated defender Yanga-Mbiwa, while Borussia Dortmund head the list of Belhanda's suitors.

Numerous other clubs are said to be keeping a close eye on events in France, with New Year raids being prepared.

Montpellier, though, have no plans to sell, with it vital the club are able to see off any interest in their most prized assets if they are to preserve their standing at the top of Ligue 1.

"It is very clear, no player we want to keep will leave during the winter transfer window," said Nicollin

Personally as a match going fan I wish the Premier League was more like the Bundesliga. Of course, the German teams don't compete in Europe in the same way but frankly how well Chelsea or Manchester United 'represent' this country continentally doesn't concern me in any way. They represent their club only and even that's a push these days when you consider where the financing, manager, board and players come from.

The Premier League tends to have a tempo that can make even the shittest quality teams (Wolves vs mackems the other day for example) fun to watch. Despite all the money sloshing around the teams towards the lower end of the league still largely splurge on dross and short term solutions. Maybe if the money that trickled down went on building up the youth setups of these clubs then the national team wouldn't have such slim pickings in terms of players. Or maybe employing managers that have a long-term plan for the clubs instead of just picking off the managerial merrygo round over and over again might make for more actual progress.

The league is the best marketed, richest and most profitable but the whole thing is a crock of s*** tbh. It's a corporate playground built on sand and hardly anything to bleat about proudly like pundits and the likes do. I do enjoy watching the Premier League, particularly considering that the money involved has brought in some fantastic players (watching Silva almost makes the plastic nature of their success excusable) but I hardly take pride in how 'strong' the league is. Anybody that does is a bit of a whopper tbh.

You're at the other end of the spectrum, though. Anti-British would be a nice way to put it.

The league is the best marketed, richest and most profitable but the whole thing is a crock of s*** tbh. It's a corporate playground built on sand and hardly anything to bleat about proudly like pundits and the likes do. I do enjoy watching the Premier League, particularly considering that the money involved has brought in some fantastic players (watching Silva almost makes the plastic nature of their success excusable) but I hardly take pride in how 'strong' the league is. Anybody that does is a bit of a whopper tbh.

You're at the other end of the spectrum, though. Anti-British would be a nice way to put it.

Well, no, that's utter bollocks. As a fan of Newcastle United I hate the way the Premier League (and football in general tbh) is, and the fact that people take pride in a league that shits on supporters and doesn't represent them in any way whatsoever is daft.

Don't see what is wrong with my post at all. Then again you seem to love the fact that City are basically ruining the league completely.