NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I know nothing about the player but am I the only one concerned about two centre backs who apparently have the same style? ???

I'm a fan of the attack the ball/cover round the back combo too. Never seen him play like.

I know nothing about the player but am I the only one concerned about two centre backs who apparently have the same style? ???

Wondered this, too. As much as I jizz myself when it works out with Colo, two CBs playing around with it would scare the living shit out of me. :lol:

Also hope Saylor comes back to keep his partnership with Colo going. But of course that's desperately wishful thinking when we've got the whole second half of a season to worry about without him first.

When the possible alternatives are 'slow and always likely to concede a penalty' and 'incapable of winning a header or marking anyone', I'll take two ball-playing centre halves.

Anyway, just because he can play the ball doesn't mean he has to- lumping it is still allowed.

Not in the press but from a mate who is often ITK.

He reckons Pardew is as nervous as owt about a £7M buy out clause in Tim Krul's contract which could see him gone in Jan.

To be fair, Krul said last week that he hopes to stay at the club for 'many, many years'. Seeing that he seems like a decent lad, why should that not be the case?

When the possible alternatives are 'slow and always likely to concede a penalty' and 'incapable of winning a header or marking anyone', I'll take two ball-playing centre halves.

Anyway, just because he can play the ball doesn't mean he has to- lumping it is still allowed.

To be frank, even us do the "athletic CB/technical CB" pairing. It just works if both players complement each other.

We were linked with Vertonghen earlier this summer, and I like to watch Ajax games anyway, and so far he hasn't impressed me defensively. Decent positioning but a bit slow, he seems vulnerable to mobile forwards and he's tall but thin as a matchstick, so easily outmuscled. He sprays the ball around very, very well though. To be frank I think he'd probably be best as a DM in the Busquets mould.

He reckons Pardew is as nervous as owt about a £7M buy out clause in Tim Krul's contract which could see him gone in Jan.

Is this from the same lad who told you all of that other guff a month or so back?

To be fair, Krul said last week that he hopes to stay at the club for 'many, many years'. Seeing that he seems like a decent lad, why should that not be the case?

Because Nolan wanted to end his career here, Carroll wanted to be our no.9 for years to come etc. etc.

Is this from the same lad who told you all of that other guff a month or so back?

Nope. Completely different lad, this one is a director at a city of London merchant bank who knows Vetere and Jiminez.

Because Nolan wanted to end his career here, Carroll wanted to be our no.9 for years to come etc. etc.

We clearly weren't that bothered about keeping Nolan and were very happy to take the £35m for Carroll.  I can't see us being happy with £7m for Krul.  IF this clause was true we may offer him a new improved contract, something we had no reason to offer to Nolan or Carroll.

Weren't they long gone before Tim signed a new contract? Can't imagine we would be in the situation where he or his agent could demand such a clause either :dontknow:

Given how we are in the business of finding these clauses and exposing them It's hard to believe we would be so willing to put them in ourselves. Have we ever had a player with a release clause?

Your mate isn't ITK, the club will not put buy out clauses into contracts.

Weren't they long gone before Tim signed a new contract? Can't imagine we would be in the situation where he or his agent could demand such a clause either :dontknow:

Given how we are in the business of finding these clauses and exposing them It's hard to believe we would be so willing to put them in ourselves. Have we ever had a player with a release clause?

Yes, not since Ashley bought the club though.

I'm a fan of the attack the ball/cover round the back combo too. Never seen him play like.

Was one of the best players on the pitch when I went to see Ajax play NAC Breda last month. Tiote/Cabaye would have to work their bollocks off covering for him though, he spent half his time in the opposition box and hit the post like 3 times.

Nope. Completely different lad, this one is a director at a city of London merchant bank who knows Vetere and Jiminez.

They're not employed by the club anymore so what would they know about the club these days? Sorry but can't/won't believe your ITK!