NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Rob 1988

Newcastle enter race for Manchester City defender

http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/transfer-news/Newcastle-enter-race-for-Manchester-City-defender-Nedum-Onuoha-article845970.html

Newcsatle have joined the race for Manchester City defender Nedum Onuoha.

The Magpies are desperate to bolster their defence after losing Steven Taylor to injury.

And boss Alan Pardew likes Onuoha who can also play right-back and is set to leave City.

Pardew also wants Birmingham left-back Liam Ridgewell,27, after having a bid rejected for him in August.

If we sign Onuoha and Ridgewell next month, I'll be happy. :thup:

Two players? :yao:

Onuoha, mind. :fwap:

If we are to sign just one defender next month, I'd actually happy with either one of them tbh. Would prefer Onouha though.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Yeah, me too. I like Onuoha. Am sure there have been some concerns over his fitness in the past, or has suffered some kind of recurring injury though. 'Least he'll fit in. :lol:

Just watched a Jertonghen video, which consisted of 1 tackle and about 15 goals :lol:

He's got a great head on him. Would be shocked if he came here, won't happen.

Guest Heneage

Can't see why he'd want to come here tbh.

Because he's wasting away the best years of his career? I'm pretty sure he doesn't even play for the reserves, as they're now an EDS.

Because he's wasting away the best years of his career? I'm pretty sure he doesn't even play for the reserves, as they're now an EDS.

That's the point though. Everyone's rightly pointing out he'd be good cover in a number of positions, but that still puts him as a squad player. He could probably go somewhere else and play in their first team every week in his favoured position. Like he did at Sunderland.

Guest Heneage

That's the point though. Everyone's rightly pointing out he'd be good cover in a number of positions, but that still puts him as a squad player. He could probably go somewhere else and play in their first team every week in his favoured position. Like he did at Sunderland.

Tbh I disagree with those people. He'd get ahead of Simpson for me.

Would easily be first choice right back and put up a very good fight to partner Colo imo. Certainly wouldn't struggle to get a game.

Guest Heneage

Thought Santon was the best choice for right back, with another left back coming in?

He is, but I don't think that's how the club see it.