NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Gouffran the latest linked in France. :lol:  Carr apparently at his last game and contact may have already been made. €7m fee mentioned.

We're linked with everyone from France :frantic:

Personally think Gouffran is rubbish though.

for a second i read it as Gourcuff .... that would be awesome, but will never happen :whatdidido:

Me too :lol:

I really liked Gouffran three years ago in that Bordeaux team.

He never really progressed past few years but seems to have a spark again this campaign.

Big price that though. Unless he is on a long contract and Bordeaux do not want to sell then £4 or 5 million max sounds more appropriate.

Guest hatem garrincha

What's he like?

Some stats...in french http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur20478.html

He's a 9 since the start of his carreer, but when Blanc was Bordeaux manager, he played  as an outwide midfielder.

Tigana benched him a lot last season

The current manager, Gillot, gave him his previous post.

Completely different type of striker (comparing to Ba or Maïga) : smaller, he's very fast and sharp with a decent technique. He's also mentally vulnerable, needs a lot of confidence from his manager etc.

A decent ligue 1 player, not more...

Gouffran the latest linked in France. :lol:  Carr apparently at his last game and contact may have already been made. €7m fee mentioned.

We're linked with everyone from France :frantic:

Personally think Gouffran is rubbish though.

for a second i read it as Gourcuff .... that would be awesome, but will never happen :whatdidido:

Me too :lol:

Same. :lol:

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

What's he like?

Some stats...in french http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/FootballFicheJoueur20478.html

He's a 9 since the start of his carreer, but when Blanc was Bordeaux manager, he played  as an outwide midfielder.

Completely different type of striker (comparing to Ba or Maïga) : smaller, he's very fast and sharp with a decent technique. He's also mentally vulnerable, needs a lot of confidence from his manager etc.

Sounds a bit  like Obertan :lol:

What's he like?

Sounds a bit  like Obertan :lol:

From what I've seen him, he really is :lol:

I don't think Obertan's quite as bad as made out to be, but f*** I couldn't stand two of them!

I don't think Obertan is that bad either. I'm definitely giving him a full season to prove himself. Though he really does need a kick up the backside imo.

:lol:

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/newcastle-hope-to-beat-arsenal-and-tottenham-to-the-signing-of-ajax-captain-14436

I know K know sportsvibe but I aint seen us linked with him elsewhere

Newcastle Hope to Beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the Signing of Ajax Captain

Newcastle United are hoping to beat north London duo Tottenham and Arsenal to the signature of Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen who has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the Dutch side.

Vertonghen was close to leaving in the summer when Inter Milan made an offer for the defender, however, Ajax decided to try and hold on to him for at least one more season.

The Belgium international has been one of the most consistent performers in Dutch football in recent seasons and it seems Ajax have finally admitted defeat and now prepared to cash in on the centre-back.

Both Tottenham and Arsenal had been linked with Vertonghen, but Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is desperate to convince him to make the move to St. James Park as a string of injuries in defence threatens to put a halt to the clubs superb start to the season.

Vertonghen has been highly recommended by chief scout Graham Carr, the man that spotted the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and Hatem Ben Arfa.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has declared that he is unlikely to make any signings in January, while Spurs will only add to the squad should defender Sebastien Bassong leave in the New Year.

Newcastle are hoping that the guarantee of first team football will be enough to persuade the player to come to the north east, but the Ajax captai may well prefer a Champions League club.

Guidetti is nailed on to play for Sweden in the Euro's. My prediction he'll do well with Zlatan and demand to play next season, he's incredibly ambitious and has this bordeline psycho approach to his career, really wants to succeed.

Best thing that could happen for Sweden was an injury to Zlatan just before the Euros. Sweden's a much, much better side without him.

Guidetti is nailed on to play for Sweden in the Euro's. My prediction he'll do well with Zlatan and demand to play next season, he's incredibly ambitious and has this bordeline psycho approach to his career, really wants to succeed.

Best thing that could happen for Sweden was an injury to Zlatan just before the Euros. Sweden's a much, much better side without him.

Zlatan's too good for that shite.

:lol:

http://www.sportsvibe.co.uk/news/football/newcastle-hope-to-beat-arsenal-and-tottenham-to-the-signing-of-ajax-captain-14436

I know K know sportsvibe but I aint seen us linked with him elsewhere

Newcastle Hope to Beat Arsenal and Tottenham to the Signing of Ajax Captain

Newcastle United are hoping to beat north London duo Tottenham and Arsenal to the signature of Ajax captain Jan Vertonghen who has been repeatedly linked with a move away from the Dutch side.

Vertonghen was close to leaving in the summer when Inter Milan made an offer for the defender, however, Ajax decided to try and hold on to him for at least one more season.

The Belgium international has been one of the most consistent performers in Dutch football in recent seasons and it seems Ajax have finally admitted defeat and now prepared to cash in on the centre-back.

Both Tottenham and Arsenal had been linked with Vertonghen, but Newcastle boss Alan Pardew is desperate to convince him to make the move to St. James Park as a string of injuries in defence threatens to put a halt to the clubs superb start to the season.

Vertonghen has been highly recommended by chief scout Graham Carr, the man that spotted the likes of Yohan Cabaye, Sylvain Marveaux and Hatem Ben Arfa.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has declared that he is unlikely to make any signings in January, while Spurs will only add to the squad should defender Sebastien Bassong leave in the New Year.

Newcastle are hoping that the guarantee of first team football will be enough to persuade the player to come to the north east, but the Ajax captai may well prefer a Champions League club.

Vertonghen is a class ball playing defender. I mentioned him in the Realistic Transfer Target thread. Itd certainly be a coup if we were to sign him.

Original source -

http://www.calciomercatoweb.it/ultime-calciomercato/2011/12/19/calciomercato-inter-roma-esclusivo-per-vertonghen-pressing-newcastle/

"The name of Jan Vertonghen is definitely one of the warmest defenders ahead of the market in January. The player was recently approached to Inter and Roma. According to the learned in Holland Calciomercatoweb.it, more concrete when the trail is the one that leads to England. The fact Newcastle, took direct contacts with the entourage of the player and is ready to make an offer to dress in black and white. Although Ajax is already aware of the interest of the Magpies against his captain."

The Vertonghen link has come from De Telegraaf in Holland. Would be a fantastic signing, as good, if not better on the ball than Coloccini. Probably unlikely but I'd love for us to sign him, and hate to see him go to Spurs.

Best defender in Holland, imo.

Is there any football you don't watch?

I've only ever really followed English and French football. Starting watching Dutch football (occasionally) when we signed Tiote - and it became apparent that our scouting network is active there...