NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest VaVaVoom

Luuk De Jong would be my 1st choice striker out of all that we have been linked with. Quality and bags of potential too.

His brother Siem is ment to be a bit like a young sneider. Would want 1st team football i'd of thought and he wont get in our 1st team ahead of Tiote and Cabaye.

Luuk De Jong would be my 1st choice striker out of all that we have been linked with. Quality and bags of potential too.

His brother Siem is ment to be a bit like a young sneider. Would want 1st team football i'd of thought and he wont get in our 1st team ahead of Tiote and Cabaye.

This is why it is important we have European football next season. A lot more games to keep fringe players happy which in turn means we can get better quality fringe players.

Someone might want to correct me on this, but Hoilett doesn't look like a natural wide player. He plays wide right in a 4-3-3 which allows him to cut inside and have a dig. Much like Ben Arfa I can see Pardew seeing him more of a player who plays in the hole rather than out wide.

Someone might want to correct me on this, but Hoilett doesn't look like a natural wide player. He plays wide right in a 4-3-3 which allows him to cut inside and have a dig. Much like Ben Arfa I can see Pardew seeing him more of a player who plays in the hole rather than out wide.

Hoilett can play in the hole or on either flank so yes much like Ben Arfa.....

Classic example of a young, small, quick player so the manager thinks shit! best stick him on the wing out of the way thus far rather than the classic winger.

It'll be interesting what sort of forward we'll (eventually) buy to compliment Ba. For a majority of the season Ba has played deeper than his partner up top. I thought we might go for a strong hold-up player but we appear to be targeting forwards who like to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

It'll be interesting what sort of forward we'll (eventually) buy to compliment Ba. For a majority of the season Ba has played deeper than his partner up top. I thought we might go for a strong hold-up player but we appear to be targeting forwards who like to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

i'm expecting a similar player to ba (and no, not as a replacement)

Really cannot see us buying a striker in this window. We need to get the deadwood off the books first (Loven, Smith, possibly Ranger) and it looks like that will only happen over the summer.

Would love to have a striker that compliments Ba and can chip in with regular goals. Come summer I fear that instead of drooling about potential partners for Ba,  I will be losing my mind with worry about whether we gonna hold onto him.

Bar the deadwood, with the players we currently have and a couple of quality additions we really have the opportunity to take the club to the next level. I wish I could see the same confidence coming from the boardroom!