NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

It'll be interesting what sort of forward we'll (eventually) buy to compliment Ba. For a majority of the season Ba has played deeper than his partner up top. I thought we might go for a strong hold-up player but we appear to be targeting forwards who like to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

i'm expecting a similar player to ba (and no, not as a replacement)

Who would you sign? I'm right in saying you watch a fair bit of European football?

I like the look of Zaha - very quick and also good technically. It's only the (for me) unknown factor of his temperament that might hold him back and prevent him from realising his potential.

If he does go, I hope it's to a club that's going to put him in the first team fairly soon.

It'll be interesting what sort of forward we'll (eventually) buy to compliment Ba. For a majority of the season Ba has played deeper than his partner up top. I thought we might go for a strong hold-up player but we appear to be targeting forwards who like to play on the shoulder and get in behind.

Who would you sign? I'm right in saying you watch a fair bit of European football?

papisse cisse.

papisse cisse.

:thup:

Would leave us fucked again next Jan mind.  :D

papisse cisse.

:thup:

Would leave us f***ed again next Jan mind.  :D

huntelaar is another one. (cisse is more gettable mind)

Freiburg still bottom of the league? Can't decide if that would help us or not. He's the one to get them out of trouble, but his fee can strengthen the squad.

can;t see him leaving till the summer unless they get an impossible to turn down offer.

Freiburg still bottom of the league? Can't decide if that would help us or not. He's the one to get them out of trouble, but his fee can strengthen the squad.

can;t see him leaving till the summer unless they get an impossible to turn down offer.

They've pretty much said as much. He signed a new contract at the start of the season to ensure he stays for the season, but then allowing him to leave in the summer, or something along those lines.

They've pretty much said as much. He signed a new contract at the start of the season to ensure he stays for the season, but then allowing him to leave in the summer, or something along those lines.

yeah i know but they have the chance to cash in and try to strengthen as they appear to be in the shit. probably better for him to sit tight aswell actually.

Yet he is also a troubled character from a difficult background. He pleaded guilty to two counts of witness intimidation last year and was sentenced to a 12-month referral order and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £1,445.

He has also suffered from disciplinary problems at United, where the admiration for his talent is matched by frustration at his failure to consistently apply it by turning up to training.

Sounds just what we need after the success story that was Nile Ranger.

Yet he is also a troubled character from a difficult background. He pleaded guilty to two counts of witness intimidation last year and was sentenced to a 12-month referral order and ordered to pay costs and compensation of £1,445.

He has also suffered from disciplinary problems at United, where the admiration for his talent is matched by frustration at his failure to consistently apply it by turning up to training.

Sounds just what we need after the success story that was Nile Ranger.

Hmmm, well at least he and Nile can be best mates.......

From earlier (ie Wednesday).

Rio Ferdinand @rioferdy5 Close

Certain kids need their heads banging, they don't see what they got within reach, if only they FOCUSED 100%. Fix up, Make It Count.

Some Mancs think this was a direct reference to him.

Maybe Cabaye can take him under his wing...Or he'll fall in with Ranger...

I'd say no, unless he really is very very good. Too many players like this never work hard enough to actually apply their talent though, and we seem to have such a good ethic that wouldn't want it disrupted.