NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/07/25/nufc-in-four-way-fight-for-young-tom-cleverley-79310-26924469/2/

Newcastle continue to be linked with French international Hatem Ben Arfa, but the Marseille star’s agent, Frederic Guerra, last night reiterated that he has had no contact from any English club.

So our manager says it's bollocks, and the player's agent says it's bollocks.

Temporarily assuming there is truth in this Ben Arfa stuff, the article seems to suggest he will move for first team football. Where would that be for us, left wing? I don't watch French football, is he better than Jonas?

Also strange that the article says 'announced on Sunday' that our representatives would be flying out. That might just be a translation quirk though.

He generally plays on the left or throught the centre and is comfortable at both positions. I think he's more skillfil and quicker the Jonas, but has a much lower work rate. Even if he doesn't start every match, you'd figure he'd come off the bench as the first option.

http://www.sundaysun.co.uk/sport/newcastle-utd/newcastle-utd-news/2010/07/25/nufc-in-four-way-fight-for-young-tom-cleverley-79310-26924469/2/

Newcastle continue to be linked with French international Hatem Ben Arfa, but the Marseille stars agent, Frederic Guerra, last night reiterated that he has had no contact from any English club.

So our manager says it's bollocks, and the player's agent says it's bollocks.

No quotes from the agent like. L'Equipe are carrying it as there main story still.

Guest Ebolarama

Just saw this on Twitter from a French football correspondent:

L'Equipe reporting Newcastle representatives will arrive in Marseille tomorrow to discuss signing Hatem Ben Arfa on loan.

Exactly. What reason have pretty much every French media outlet got to make up a story about one of their most famous players coming to Newcastle?

None, but the player's agent and club have every reason to pretend there is interest in the player. We've seen it plenty of times before, just name-dropping us to try get more money.

It's not Marseille or the agent name dropping though but the press. If it was simply a case of name dropping then surely the agent would have been like, 'Yep, definitely an offer from Newcastle. Now show us the money.' Maybe he and Hughton are playing things down until Monday's talks are over?

Guest Schmocky

I doubt this will happen solely because so far under this regime our transfers have been out of the blue, although this is from abroad where apparently nobody can keep a secret

Both of our transfers have not come out of the blue nor have they been from abroad so your point is bollocks tbf.

1. Perch came out of the blue, if some guy on the Forest forum hadn't spilled the beans it would have been a total surprise, he hadn't been mentioned since January.

2. Gosling, fair enough, it was well documented Everton had f***ed up.

3. Nolan, Routledge, Hall, van Aanholt, Khiz, Xisco etc. All signed under Ashley, all out of the blue iirc.

4. I know we haven't signed anybody from abroad, that's my point, I'm saying this could be different because it's from abroad.

tbf.

thought xisco came from aboard  :rolleyes:

It was the local Marseille paper which broke the story early in the week, Equipe have just followed it up. It would be like Newcastle using The Journal to say an average Spanish club want Xisco as a way of drumming up interest. Not very likely is it?

Seriously no average La Liga club would want or afford Xisco. Most stories start off in the local rags & then go national man :lol:

Frederic Guerra the agent busy fella atm if last week is anything to go buy as his clients Benny, Mahamadou Diarra, Remy & Clerc were all being linked with moves to the England last week.

I don't think he will join. However I do beleive we should go in for Onouha and Bellamy, the latter probs being out of our wages budget. They seem to have a knock down price now that city have too many players. Also add O'hara into that and we would have a pretty decent side there.

O'Hara won't come here

Why wouldn't he?

Why would he?

he can play CL football this season

Who with? He doesn't seem to be in Spurs plans does he? I thought they wanted rid?

O'Hara won't come here

Why wouldn't he?

Why would he?

Who with? He doesn't seem to be in Spurs plans does he? I thought they wanted rid?

i haven't heard any rumours about him in the last two weeks, you did?

Guest BooBoo

O Hara is a no go. As I said a few pages back, he's got a new born baby with his slutty wag Danielle Lloyd. There's no way they will leave the London scene to move up north.

O'Hara won't come here

Why wouldn't he?

Why would he?

The last 2 weeks, no :lol:

But there have been plenty for a while and I just got the impression he was surplus.

O'Hara won't come here

Why wouldn't he?

Why would he?

The last 2 weeks, no :lol:

But there have been plenty for a while and I just got the impression he was surplus.

maybe Harry waits until August and see how he performs in the pre-season matches then decide what to do? :harry:

Temporarily assuming there is truth in this Ben Arfa stuff, the article seems to suggest he will move for first team football. Where would that be for us, left wing? I don't watch French football, is he better than Jonas?

Also strange that the article says 'announced on Sunday' that our representatives would be flying out. That might just be a translation quirk though.

It only says L'Equipe announced on Sunday that we would be flying out. L'Equipe translated means Team, so it translate accidentally to the Team announced...

Aha, cheers. :laugh: