NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Don't worry - even if it's true I'm sure we can find a method of f***ing it up anyway.

Or he'll be utterly wank.

Dave, I know blind optimism can be irritating. But you must surely be THE most pessimistic person on this entire board :lol:

Don't worry - even if it's true I'm sure we can find a method of f***ing it up anyway.

Or he'll be utterly w***.

i really do think the clubs motto should be (and it would look great circling the club badge) "the light at the end of the tunnel.......is the light of an oncomong train"

Or he'll be utterly wank.

Dave, I know blind optimism can be irritating. But you must surely be THE most pessimistic person on this entire board :lol:

Haha, not really. Like you I'm just expecting nothing.

I've been the same with NUFC for as long as I can remember. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I've been the same with NUFC since I can remember. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

I always expect the worst deep down, yet whenever stories like this happen I always let the lingering hope creep in. Modric, Turan etc had me really excited  :weep:

Fuck this club.

Just doing some Dennis Wise scouting and he appears to be more skilful than the rest of our squad put together. Defo not happening. :lol:

should change that or tuesdays papers will have had us being turned down by defoe.

Free role behind the strikers and he'd tranform our team. Might mean when playing 4-5-1 we don't just skip the midfield out all together  :undecided:

xmas tree style 4-3-2-1. with ben arfa and vuckic behind carroll. barton,jonas and guthrie in the middle.

I hope it comes off, but it'll be a no go. We'll be being used as a name to push through a deal for another club, or it's another Ashley BS story to get people's hopes up. Remember the stories of the past few years with regards to Deco and Pablo Aimar?

I like the sound of that but maybe routledge in there for someone, he did look a cut above anyone else since he signed imo. Normally I would have him ahead of Jonas but in that formation Jonas is made for the water carrier position.

Steven Taylor fit at right back, perch holding.

Or..

Guthrie sitting deep spraying passes with Barton doing the dirty work.

If football was as simple as it is in my head we would be awesome!

I hope it comes off, but it'll be a no go. We'll be being used as a name to push through a deal for another club, or it's another Ashley BS story to get people's hopes up. Remember the stories of the past few years with regards to Deco and Pablo Aimar?

firstly i dont buy the "stalking horse" line and secondly how can it be an ashley bs story ? has he paid someone at l'equipe to make it up ? it may well be crap made up by the press but i'd doubt it's anything more cynical than that.

Guest MrBrown

i really do think the clubs motto should be (and it would look great circling the club badge) "the light at the end of the tunnel.......is the light of an oncomong train"

Half Man Half Biscuit might have something to say about that.

I've been the same with NUFC for as long as I can remember. Hope for the best, expect the worst.

You can't blame ANYONE for being pessimistic where NUFC are concerned - those of us who have been following the club long before many on here were born have seen it lurch from disaster to disaster with only a small period where it looked as if the club might eventually punch its weight....the only meaningful silverware coming over 40 years ago.

The tone of many contributors to this site show that quite a number of fans have accepted the club as second rate although they won't actually come out and say it ; the fact is that the club IS second rate at best and likely to remain that way for the foreseeable future. We had our chance to join the big boys back in the mid 90s and fluffed it ; we then compounded that by committing suicide in the way the club was run after SJH left as Chairman and by appointing a succession of bad managers after SBR. Even under Sir Bobby, we were never the power we had been in the mid 90s - the fact that we never really looked like challenging for the title tells you that. Once the NOTW broke the scandal involving DSH and FS, we were targeted by the sports media as potential figures of fun ; something that created much resentment among other teams' fans who took great delight in seeing our self-inflicted downfall.

A`place in the PL is the LEAST a club of Newcastle's size should be expecting and the fact that we are far more likely to be relegation candidates than in the top half shows how far the club have fallen ; what is more, unless progress is made it will be increasingly-difficult to sign the quality players needed to make the side better, hence Hughton having to look for bargains in the lower leagues or abroad.

All the talk about players like Ben Arfur fails to conceal the fact that top clubs do not want him because of his character - successful clubs NEVER build teams around players who are controversial on or off the field and NUFC has had far too many of those in its history.....

It takes years to build a successful side/club, and we will need much time and probably a change of ownership in the medium term to get anywhere near doing that - Ashley is probably the best NUFC can expect in the current climate and at least he is keeping the club away from major financial problems which plague many PL clubs.

It just means some(MORE)years of putting up with mediocrity, and fans like Dave know that.