NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Beeb has Mackems as favourites to get Cleverly now.

I think I've come to the realisation that we'll not buy anyone else this summer, the best we can hope for now I think is a loan deal for a kid from Manure, Arsenal, Man Shitty or a like. If we don't get that foil for Carroll, it's going to be a long hard season I feel.

We'll get Ben Arfa or Djalo imo.

We'll get both imo

Guest taps01

I think I've come to the realisation that we'll not buy anyone else this summer, the best we can hope for now I think is a loan deal for a kid from Manure, Arsenal, Man Shitty or a like. If we don't get that foil for Carroll, it's going to be a long hard season I feel.

We'll get Ben Arfa or Djalo imo.

It does seem like we have let this one slip by intentionally, presumably because we have an alternative lined up.

But premature, non?

But premature, non?

Oh yeah, I'm trying the old "Lower my expectations to the bottom, then be pleasantly surprised technique, when we actually sign someone", tried the same thing with Roeder though, so not 100% certain to be surprised.

I haven't seen the tired old statements like "If we could add one or two faces to the squad that would be great, but I'm more than happy with what we've got" yet but I'm sure they are out there.

Cleverley then, seriously: has anyone seen him play enough to know what he's like?

Lot's of talk about him but what's the advantage of him over, say, Darron Gibson or whoever else many might have?  Or going to Man City, Chelski or Arsenal and picking up a young midfielder from them.

Just wondering.

Cleverley then, seriously: has anyone seen him play enough to know what he's like?

Lot's of talk about him but what's the advantage of him over, say, Darron Gibson or whoever else many might have?  Or going to Man City, Chelski or Arsenal and picking up a young midfielder from them.

Just wondering.

He's excellent. Hard-working, tenacious, excellent attitude, has goals in his game and is creative too.

Just wondering.

I saw him play for Watford v QPR last season. I hadn't heard of him before, and he just had me thinking -  who are you and what are you doing at Watford. He had energy, a good touch on the ball, a nice change of direction that got him past opponents - he was a class and a half above everyone else on the pitch.

He definitely looked a Premiership player, and it doesn't surprise me that so many clubs in the lower half of the table want him.

Thought he looked decent against us at SJP. Kept on getting between the back 4 and middle two (although you'd expect most to outpace Nolan and Smith). Only seen him that one time though, but was impressed with what I saw. Can't imagine the Wigan pitch will suit his style of play, but Martinez does seem to want to play good football at Wigan

Nufc.com's rumour page says that the Belfast Telegraph linked us with a Patrick (Paddy) Madden from Bohemiams. 20 year old striker who's had one international U21 cap

I could see us playing "Madden" football next season.

Thought he looked decent against us at SJP. Kept on getting between the back 4 and middle two (although you'd expect most to outpace Nolan and Smith). Only seen him that one time though, but was impressed with what I saw. Can't imagine the Wigan pitch will suit his style of play, but Martinez does seem to want to play good football at Wigan

Having watched the Watford away game last season, I doubt that pitch was any better than the Wigan one.

Guest Heneage

No idea just posting what it says. :lol:

Basically says a firm bid has been made to the businessman Pablo Bentancur, and that if we can come to an agreement with Arevalo's people like Cagliari did, then he should be flying to England at the weekend.

Does it say where the Cagliari bid went wrong then?

http://www.quenonino.com.uy/quenonino/tabid/37/idNoticia/25398/Pe%C3%B1arol/Default.aspx

"Egidio with one foot in England"

There has been a firm offer made for Egidio Arevalo Rios. This has came from Newcastle and the offer is up to €3m. The offer has came through Bentancur (Google search says he's a Peruvian businessman), who should be able to reach an agreement with the player's representatives.

Main bulk of the article says encouraging talks took place in the last few hours between this entrepreneur and Penarol owner, and that the only obstacle remaining is him negotiating with Arevalo's people to finalize the deal.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Nufc.com's rumour page says that the Belfast Telegraph linked us with a Patrick (Paddy) Madden from Bohemiams. 20 year old striker who's had one international U21 cap

:cheesy:

I signed him on FM10 when it first came out, wasn't good enough in the end. Always makes me feel uneasy when things in FM happen in real life.

I signed him on FM10 when it first came out, wasn't good enough in the end. Always makes me feel uneasy when things in FM happen in real life.

I get mixed-up between FM and real life.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

I get mixed-up between FM and real life.

Hmm, I've done that before. Talking about who well so-and-so did for a team he never played for, but was signed by them on FM.  :doh: