NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I haven't given up hope on Perch yet :lol: apart from one rash challenge early on I thought he did really well in the Deportivo game. That said he was playing centre back and was helped out by Colo who was awesome.

He still has a chance to prove him imo.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

It's a shame he's out of our price range, but Mancini has said Onuoha is surplus to requirements at City. He'd plug the RB problem perfectly.

Aye :sadnod:

Won't happen tho

Newcastle United are rumoured to be interested in making a last gasp bid for Portsmouth attacking midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. The former Tottenham man is currently a target for Serie A sides Genoa and Lazio but the south coast side is waiting to see which side is willing to offer most for the Ghana international so as to help ease their financial woes.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/08/newcastle-united-weigh-up-last-minute-move-for-5m-portsmouth-man-kevin-prince-boateng/

After the game, French TV channel Canal+ broadcast comments from Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier inferring that a loan deal for Ben Arfa to SJP would be finalised this coming week. A fee of €800K for a one-season loan, with Newcastle paying the player's wages and retaining an option to complete a permanent transfer has been claimed.

Newcastle United are rumoured to be interested in making a last gasp bid for Portsmouth attacking midfielder Kevin Prince Boateng. The former Tottenham man is currently a target for Serie A sides Genoa and Lazio but the south coast side is waiting to see which side is willing to offer most for the Ghana international so as to help ease their financial woes.

http://www.caughtoffside.com/2010/08/08/newcastle-united-weigh-up-last-minute-move-for-5m-portsmouth-man-kevin-prince-boateng/

:lol:

Daft site that one, had an article on yesterday saying that Liverpool were going to bid £12m for Ben Arfa.

RB is a higher priority than LB, given that I rate Enrique and Kadar far more than Simpson and Perch.

I'd agree, Kadar look's far more proficient in the short time we have seen him.

However, having signed Perch and Simpson I don't see us signing another RB, regardless of us needing one Hughton would be accepting poor choices as far as Perch and Simpson are concerned. Onuoha would be mint though.

Back to Kadar, Hughton didn't rate him at LB last season in the championship so I would be surprised and certainly curious to see why he would rate him now. Van Aanholt was brought in on loan in preference despite being younger.

I would love to see us getting a decent RB and LB in but I think its more likely we will get a LB

After the game, French TV channel Canal+ broadcast comments from Marseille president Jean-Claude Dassier inferring that a loan deal for Ben Arfa to SJP would be finalised this coming week. A fee of €800K for a one-season loan, with Newcastle paying the player's wages and retaining an option to complete a permanent transfer has been claimed.

Didnt know that. Sounds promising. Somebody should start a thread.

Barton    Guthrie   

Jonas/Routledge      KPB        Ben  Arfa

Carroll

:fwap: