NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roland

Dutch media say that several English clubs are interested in Cheick Tiote of FC Twente. Twente has received and refused 1 offer until now, and according to VI (our biggest football magazine) that was a 2.5 mln GBP offer from Newcastle United.

Tiote is a physical strong defensive midfielder from Ivory Coast. Maybe you know him because he is the one who tackled Elano from Brazil out of the World Cup.

Dutch media say that several English clubs are interested in Cheick Tiote of FC Twente. Twente has received and refused 1 offer until now, and according to VI (our biggest football magazine) that was a 2.5 mln GBP offer from Newcastle United.

Tiote is a physical strong defensive midfielder from Ivory Coast. Maybe you know him because he is the one who tackled Elano from Barzil out of the World Cup.

http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRIS4t9M65NfxTCFl78NRTZx1tkOpelcaGEE0BggtEUeE9Xw0&t=1&usg=__Jxmg4c9rSZR-QVvYZLVy9Kx_CA8=

I'd rather Caicedo from City than Anichebe.

Really?! I think Caicedo is dog shit. :lol:

Anichebe is ok and improving at a fair rate. Him and Moyes fell out last year but as a player, he seems to like him a lot and has been moulding him into a right winger for the past year where he's done well for us. Be surprised if he left because I thought he'd play a lot of games on the wing for us this season.

That 'ITK' *shudder* has got stuff right before but not always 100%. He basically said that you've enquired and haven't been told "no" yet.

Tiote is a physical strong defensive midfielder from Ivory Coast. Maybe you know him because he is the one who tackled Elano from Brazil out of the World Cup.

Doubt we are in for another defensive midfielder, albeit a good one.

I'd rather Caicedo from City than Anichebe.

Really?! I think Caicedo is dog s***. :lol:

Anichebe is ok and improving at a fair rate. Him and Moyes fell out last year but as a player, he seems to like him a lot and has been moulding him into a right winger for the past year where he's done well for us. Be surprised if he left because I thought he'd play a lot of games on the wing for us this season.

That 'ITK' *shudder* has got stuff right before but not always 100%. He basically said that you've enquired and haven't been told "no" yet.

Never rated Anichebe at all, tbh. They're both poor tbh.

Quite like Anichebe from the little i've seen. I can remember a goal - i think it was him - against Blackburn, away, or something? :lol: Where he burst past about two defenders and finished. Power, strength, pace and a good finish. Nothing spectacular by any stretch of the imagination but i love those sorts of strikers.

Obviously that's just a one off but he's probably a decent player if he got regular football. Had injury problems hasn't he? He can't be that old either. He wouldn't be a solution but certainly a good addition to the squad - i hope there's something in that.

I was looking today and there is players such as , Gallas , Beletti , Scharner , Sylvinho , Sylvestre who are all currently free agents . Surely they aren't going to begin the season clubless?

Wages is probably the reason they are clubless tbh.