NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Schmocky

I would take ledley as good cover for left wing and as a central midfielder. and for free who's complaining he wants to play in PL so worth a shot.

I think we have to do out utmost to hang on to Taylor as that would mean, we have to get a replacement and to get anyone better, we are likely to have to pay more for them that we get for Taylor.  There are other areas of the team that need investing in first.  Williamson did well last season but he has it all to prove in the Premiership and Taylor has proved he is a Premiership player - to what level is another issue.  I think our defence was much stronger in the first half of the season before Taylor picked up his injury that afterwards.

Guest BooBoo

I really can't get excited about loaning Wilshire or any young talentented player when we're basically feeding them up for a big club.

Sad sign of the times I suppose.

I really can't get excited about loaning Wilshire or any young talentented player when we're basically feeding up for a big club.

Well, if he likes it here we have a good chance of signing him permanently after that. That's the case quite often with those young players imo.

Guest BooBoo

No way on earth we would sign him permanently. It's basically Arsenal throwing us a bone but it will be them who benefits in the longer term.

I really can't get excited about loaning Wilshire or any young talentented player when we're basically feeding up for a big club.

Well, if he likes it here we have a good chance of signing him permanently after that. That's the case quite often with those young players imo.

It's only the case when the team loaning the player out doesn't want him themselves.

I'm very much with Otter on this one. Loaning players like this from other clubs is extremely depressing.

Guest BooBoo

If he creates some chances and it keeps us up then I am certainly all for it.

Granted, it's just the principe that gets me. Whatever happened to building a team, rather than this stop gap mentality that many of the the PL featherweights have adopted?

Guest BooBoo

Possibly.

I'd scrap the loan system tbh, the big teams simply take advantage of it by treating the lesser lights as reserve teams.

Guest Heneage

Granted, it's just the principe that gets me. Whatever happened to building a team, rather than this stop gap mentality that many of the the PL featherweights have adopted?

It is building, both for the short and long term, by securing status, we gain more money and attract better players.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Hughton has come out and said we aren't going to make a move for Shaun Wright Phillips on Sky Sports.

Uhh......Duh!

It is building, both for the short and long term, by securing status, we gain more money and attract better players.

this, do what we need to do to survive then we can use prem cash to build ourselves

Hughton has come out and said we aren't going to make a move for Shaun Wright Phillips on Sky Sports.

Uhh......Duh!

that was in fridays chronicle. to be fair, he was responding to rumours.

it wasnt like, 'i can confrim we will not be going for lionel messi this summer'.

Glad we're steering clear of SWP like. Sure there was absolutely nothing in it to start with, but there's a guy that's wasted a very promising career for cash, bling and bright lights. One of those daft little vendettas i've got i think; i hope he sorta fritters away. The lad's got what he wanted deep down... you just have to look at (i know, it's early days) the likes of Adam Johnson who can prove they can still go to the likes of City, and still graft their bollocks off and look a quality young player. SWP obviously never had that in him and i can't see him doing owt particularly significant with his career now.

Guest Heneage

Glad we're steering clear of SWP like. Sure there was absolutely nothing in it to start with, but there's a guy that's wasted a very promising career for cash, bling and bright lights. One of those daft little vendettas i've got i think; i hope he sorta fritters away. The lad's got what he wanted deep down... you just have to look at (i know, it's early days) the likes of Adam Johnson who can prove they can still go to the likes of City, and still graft their bollocks off and look a quality young player. SWP obviously never had that in him and i can't see him doing owt particularly significant with his career now.

He also offers nothing more than Routledge. Maybe better finishing, but only just.

He also offers nothing more than Routledge. Maybe better finishing, but only just.

He is twice the player Routledge is. Doesn't really matter like as we would never be able to afford him/tempt him to come.

If there is any truth in this then one of our current central mids is on his way.  I would like to think it would be Nolan, who did a vital job in hitting the net last season but little else, and he won't get that space to score his goals in the Premiership. Jenas will have a job to get the fans on his side but he is a proper box to box midfielder with legs and an engine and he will do more for us next season than Nolan imo.

I fail to see what Jenas did wrong. He had the very good sense to see Souness was a useless c*** and the Toon where well set on a rocky road to nowhere and bailed out.

The goldfish bowl jibes where said by Souness not Jenas.

I don't know if you were there when we played Spurs in March 2006, we won 3-1 and JJ played for Spurs. He missed what might be the ultimate open goal - which was v funny. But IMO the reception he got from our fans throughout the whole match was worse than I've heard for any of our other ex players returning to SJP. He's perceived as not having the heart to play for us. That's what he'd have to overcome. A few decent performances would sort it  for a while but there might not be a lot of tolerance from some if he suffers a loss of form.