NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Surly Ireland would go to Fulham (also reported as interested) to hook back up with MH rather than us? Maybe to simplified.

I hope it's Dempsey.

Why would that have crossed your mind? (Genuine question ;) )

It's a Yank twitter rumour. The Yanks are also tweeting that the big news is going to be Ashley selling up ...

:facepalm:

Guest Roger Kint

Priced out - so far

Friday brought no transfer breakthrough for Newcastle, who have so far been unable to strike deals for three targets: Sebastien Larsson (Birmingham City), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City) and Stephen Ireland (Aston Villa).

From what we can gather, possible deals for the trio all stalled over the unwillingness of the owning club to pay a percentage of wages for a loan - and the player to take a pay cut to allow for a permanent move to go through.

All three players continue to be linked in the press with moves elsewhere but the ongoing game of brinkmanship looks set to continue until Midnight on Monday week - January 31st - when this transfer window closes.

PS: news is still awaited whether negotiations over new contracts for both Joey Barton and Jose Enrique have been resolved successfully.

Its the top story :undecided:

.com seem to reckon Ireland is out of the picture for the same reasons as Larsson and SWP.

I cant see this on .com

Window deadlock:

Priced out - so far

Friday brought no transfer breakthrough for Newcastle, who have so far been unable to strike deals for three targets: Sebastien Larsson (Birmingham City), Shaun Wright-Phillips (Manchester City) and Stephen Ireland (Aston Villa).

From what we can gather, possible deals for the trio all stalled over the unwillingness of the owning club to pay a percentage of wages for a loan - and the player to take a pay cut to allow for a permanent move to go through.

All three players continue to be linked in the press with moves elsewhere but the ongoing game of brinkmanship looks set to continue until Midnight on Monday week - January 31st - when this transfer window closes.

PS: news is still awaited whether negotiations over new contracts for both Joey Barton and Jose Enrique have been resolved successfully.

.com seem to reckon Ireland is out of the picture for the same reasons as Larsson and SWP.

I cant see this on .com

Window deadlock:

Priced out - so far

where they are getting this lord knows, don't trust nufc.com for anything these days

I'm particularly intrigued by this part:

Is this being reported anywhere else?

Guest bimpy474

Hello guys my first post, fantastic site that makes me laugh so much, some comments on here are just brilliant  O0.

I've been trawling Twatter and some people think Fat Mike could be selling and that is the big news that is supposed to be happening, never dull as Newcastle fan  :laugh:

Hello guys my first post, fantastic site that makes me laugh so much, some comments on here are just brilliant  O0.

I've been trawling Twatter and some people think Fat Mike could be selling and that is the big news that is supposed to be happening, never dull as Newcastle fan  :laugh:

Welcome to hell!

so the big transfer news is the club not any player. Wow. That is big transfer news.

Not sure how selling up would constitute big transfer news. Also, highly doubt he'd have sacked Hughton and chucked Pardew a 5.5yr deal if he was intending on an imminent sell up, and who would be stupid enough to waltz in and buy the club without lengthy negotiations and proper due diligence...

Guest neesy111

The fact is we as a club can't be offering silly wages to anyone anymore, also all 3 of those targets would not improve the team much.  Why aren't we looking at just signing some backup players who can fill in a gap if needed.