NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest bimpy474

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_6685040,00.html?

Apparently made an approach about Tranquillo Barnetta

Newsnow link to sky sports story, hasn't been on SSN yet.

Were linked with him a few season ago.

There's been absolutely no word about this supposed big transfer news since SSN announced it a few hours ago?

Did SSN announce it?

:lol:

His name in Italian means something along the lines of 'relaxed hair' IIRC. Nixon might be able to inform further.

Seriously though, he's a very good player. Pace, skill, direct running, can deliver from wide and has a cracker of a shot on him. Good age and more than comfortable on both sides.

His name in Italian means something along the lines of 'relaxed hair' IIRC. Nixon might be able to inform further.

Seriously though, he's a very good player. Pace, skill, direct running, can deliver from wide and has a cracker of a shot on him. Good age and more than comfortable on both sides.

too good to be true then

SSN haven't announced anything. It was the editor of SkySports.com on Twitter. Nothing to do with Sky Sports News.

and skysports.com is the dumping ground of everything where sky are not sure it has any vague connection with reality and thus not worthy of ssn and the transfer gimp treatment

This has the look of being another Cheick Tiote type of signing. Not many have heard of him in this country but might turn out to be a quality player for about a quarter of what we'd pay if he was English. Great if we've done our homework and it comes off.

He is average at best and people here are excited.... get a grip folks....

PLus.......

Bayer Leverkusen have confirmed Tranquillo Barnetta will be out for ''several weeks'' with a knee injury.

The Switzerland international requires surgery on torn cartilage in his right knee. He suffered the problem in Tuesday's training game against second division Bochum.

''This is of course annoying, but it can't be changed.'' Barnetta told the club's official website. ''After the operation I will do everything I can to make myself available again as quickly as possible.''

Bayer lie fourth in the Bundesliga, a point behind second-placed Hannover but 13 adrift of runaway leaders Borussia Dortmund.

Guest bimpy474

That is because most judge him on his FM performances and not his real life ones, which we know not a lot about those either i suspect.

That is because most judge him on his FM performances and not his real life ones, which we know not a lot about those either i suspect.

Maybe you didn't hear me. CHAMPIONS LEAGUE. WITH CHARLTON. Have a word man ffs.

Some quotes from his agent added to the SS article (don't think they were there before).

The 25-year-old has been linked to the Premier League on a number of occasions in the past few years, and now Newcastle are looking closely at his situation.

Barnetta, who has played over 50 times for his country, can play on either flank or behind a striker.

Toon boss Alan Pardew is looking to add width to his squad, having sanctioned Wayne Routledge's return to Queens Park Rangers.

Now Pardew is scouring Europe for options and one of his targets has emerged as Barnetta, who was also linked with Italian giants Juventus last month and has 18 months left on his current deal at the BayArena.

Barry McIntosh, who represents his interests in Britain, confirmed there was a lot of interest in Barnetta.

"I cannot name clubs, but there is Premier League interest and we are looking at the options," he told skysports.com.

"But is also remains to be seen if Bayer Leverkusen are willing to let him go."

"Tranquilo" means calm in Spanish, probably the same in Italian.

Never been too much impressed the (admittedly few) times I have seen him play.

I'm no expert at foreign languages but aye, I assumed that. :lol: