NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

No need to panic yet. It looks like wages are the problem with SWP and Ireland, but it also looks like a problem for the other clubs that are interested in them.

My guess is that something will get cobbled together at the last minute.

Heskey  :smug:

Guest toonlass

If history is anything to go by, if we do sign someone we'll probably hear a load of speculation about loads of different players and then sign someone no-one was expecting out of nowhere.

No need to panic yet. It looks like wages are the problem with SWP and Ireland, but it also looks like a problem for the other clubs that are interested in them.

My guess is that something will get cobbled together at the last minute.

I would say to any player that has played for Man City or Chelsea that they need to realise that they were WAY over the odds.  Get over it. 

I notice Pardew doesn't mention Ireland (or any other potential target) by name there - yet another case of cobbling together some generic quotes, embroidering with bullshit and presenting it as news...

Is the correct answer.

Ireland fits our 'players with something to prove' policy, but I would be highly sceptical about his character and his motivation. Altough when playing on top form he is better than any of our other attacking midfield options.

Wouldn't be totally opposed to signing Ireland. Maybe a little apprehensive.

Not so much because he's "crazy" as 1) I haven't seen too much evidence of it 2) would you have turned down Gazza in his prime?

I'm more worried that he won't be able to recapture the form he had at City. Does Pardew have a history of getting the best out of players? Not so sure.

If Hughton was still in charge then I'd have had no such worries.

That said, the team spirit is still good at the moment. Providing he gets on with the rest of the lads I don't see why he couldn't get back to his best.

1. He wouldn't be our best attacking option, Barton is better.

2. There is LOADS of evidence of him being a penis.

3. Yes, he has something to prove. Will he ever recapture his form? I'll piss in a cup and drink it if he scores 15 goals in a season. Ever.

1. Who says we have to choose? Replacement for Nolan (eventually) surely?

2. Eccentric, perhaps. Not troubled. Certainly nowhere near as bad as Barton and he's come good.

3. Your opinion. Fair enough.

3. Yes, he has something to prove. Will he ever recapture his form? I'll piss in a cup and drink it if he scores 15 goals in a season. Ever.

To be fair there aren't that many midfielders who do score 15 goals per season.

The bloke was one of the best footballers in the country a couple of year ago man, it would be an absolutley quality steal if we could get his form back, which at 24 years of age shouldn't be impossible unless he's completly lost hope himself and just cant be arsed anymore for whatever reason.

I don't know why it hasn't worked out for Villa, but has he been played in his right posission (i.e behind the striker) or has he just contributed to there lightweight midfield by been shunted into the centre alongside petrov like he was against us?

This is why talking a good game sometimes comes back to bite you.

He was all ' I'm going to tell Ashley how it is, in going to bang the door down '. In theory that's great, but theory goes out if the window with Ashley. He works on a whim!

I think we will see a new face in particularly with the players we are missing, but it will probably be a deadline day deal when players/ agents are panicking and the fat one know he will get the best deal.

It's like the 2/3rd day of the Next sale. All the best buys have gone and you get the pick of what's left!

How exactly? I haven't seen many, if any, of these 'best buys' go to other clubs at all.

Guest schmuck

The bloke was one of the best footballers in the country a couple of year ago man, it would be an absolutley quality steal if we could get his form back, which at 24 years of age shouldn't be impossible unless he's completly lost hope himself and just cant be arsed anymore for whatever reason.

I don't know why it hasn't worked out for Villa, but has he been played in his right posission (i.e behind the striker) or has he just contributed to there lightweight midfield by been shunted into the centre alongside petrov like he was against us?

I agree that if he can recapture his form Ireland would be an incredible signing for anyone, how likely that is only he knows though. And in behind the striker is Ben Arfa's position no? Or at least where he is happiest

Left wing or behind the striker I think, either way we need a bit of competition for Ben Arfa and Jonas imo.

Ireland isn't realy in any posission though to demand high wages and a starting spot at many clubs now though, he could take a chance at reviving his career at a club like Newcastle and hope he can push for a starting role, as it wont be long before he's viewed as just not worth it playing for a club like Wigan or Blackburn on half the wages.

To be fair there aren't that many midfielders who do score 15 goals per season.

I'm not going to say 5 goals, because I'll end up drinking my piss when he scores 5 in league 1!

From Twitter:

FootballAgentPM (Peter Morrison, football agent)

Could be dome BIG news for all you #nufc fans coming up shortly. Watch this space!

From Wiki:

As an agent

Upon his premature retirement, Morrison started working for his own agent, Peter Harrison.[5]

In September 2009 Morrison joined James Grant Sports Management part of the James Grant Group which represents players such as John O'Shea, Jack Rodwell, Ali Al Habsi, Clint Dempsey, Ryan Nelson & Craig Gardner.

From James Grant Sports Management

Based in Cheshire and London, with over 20 years experience in dealing with some of football's top players and clubs, James Grant Sports Ltd is a market leader. Whilst continually providing optimum levels of service to our clients in the UK, our sister company in the USA ensures we have an international proposition.

Stephen Ireland or clutching at straws?