NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/football/855079-johan-elmander-approached-by-newcastle-over-summer-transfer

Elmander now linked for summertime

Is our owner the cheapest bastard going or what?

Man U were happy to get Owen for free. I wouldn't have a problem getting Elmander for free. If Newcastle we're interested in him surely it's better to get him for free rather than paying a fee. We need a squad not just a first 11.

Alan Pardew is hoping to sign a new striker within 24 hours. He says we've done our research.

Free Transfer - Check

Has Legs -  Check

Thats the level we are at.  Premiership, my arse.

Elmander would be good on a free like. Must be one of Bolton's worst Premier League signings though? ~£8m, very little return, f***s off for nowt. Robbed the fuckers blind! Lol.

Michael Owen 2.0

Tottenham face competition from Newcastle over £14m Ligue 1 striker

Lille hitman to be pursued by Premier League rivals

Tottenham will face competition from Newcastle when they try to sign Gervinho from Lille in the summer.

AC Milan v Spurs tickets    Live AC Milan v Spurs Streaming

The Ivory Coast forward - whose real name is Gervais Yao Kouassi - is enjoying a terrific season for Lille with his 10 goals helping the club to the top of  Ligue 1. He belongs to a crop of much-coveted footballers at the French club with midfielder Eden Hazard, Adil Rami and Moussa Sow also being tracked by Premier League clubs.

Tottenham are giving serious consideration to a £14m bid for Gervinho, who has previously interested North London neighbours Arsenal, as they seek to add to their battery of strikers with Robbie Keane away on-loan and Roma Pavlyuchenko likely to move on at the end of the season. However, Newcastle have an even bigger void to fill following the departure of Andy Carroll to Liverpool for £35m in the closing stages of transfer deadline day.

The Magpies have extra motivation in their pursuit of the player as he is an international colleague and close friend of current Tyneside star Cheik Tiote.With Tiote being tracked by both Manchester United and Chelsea they face the prospect of losing their midfielder despite not needing the finance but they hope the capture of signing Gervinho will convince their man to stay at St James Park.

http://www.sportingo.com/football/a18508_tottenham-face-competition-from-newcastle-over-ligue-striker

If £30m of the £35m went on strikers i wouldn't be disappointed.

If £10m went on strikers i would be more than happy, nevermind £30m

Really? I'd be a bit disappointed tbh. It's imperative we upgrade the striking department if we're ever going to get back into a European challenge. There's no way the (majority of the) rest of the side aren't capable. I saw the football we played at times yesterday - it was sumptuous at various points, and not for the first time. We're three quality upgrades from being a seriously good outfit.

CB, ST, ST, with the return of Hatem and there's every chance of a serious shot at sixth position next year. I just hope the mysterious second-season-syndrome doesn't settle in. I hope the guys in charge seriously do their research or it'll happen to us aswell.

I guess a lot depends on if MA is going to add to the £35m or not, everyone fit we still need a top striker and that is where the biggest amount should go.

But a few injuries and we are in trouble, so we do need more bodies.

Also we need to ship dead wood so that means even more bodies..

Really? I'd be a bit disappointed tbh. It's imperative we upgrade the striking department if we're ever going to get back into a European challenge. There's no way the (majority of the) rest of the side aren't capable. I saw the football we played at times yesterday - it was sumptuous at various points, and not for the first time. We're three quality upgrades from being a seriously good outfit.

CB, ST, ST, with the return of Hatem and there's every chance of a serious shot at sixth position next year. I just hope the mysterious second-season-syndrome doesn't settle in. I hope the guys in charge seriously do their research or it'll happen to us aswell.

This basically.  Get 3 quality players in (2 strikers and one centre back) and we would have pretty decent team.

Instead of just a CB, I think we could honestly do with a Hughes-like player as cover for the back four.  Not someone who'd have to be outstanding in every position but just a better option than playing others out of position.  Worried to shit over what would happen if Enrique is out for any period of time.