NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Zigic

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1859/josh.gif

If we're signing immobile, past it donkeys to lump it long to, I'd rather we brought Jan Koller out of retirement - he'd be on a free, too, and probably wouldn't ask for huge wages. And he'd still be better than Zigic.

Not retired, playing French third division with Cannes.  :pow:

Radamel Falcao linked -

Two years ago:

"The Colombian born forward has been watched by a number of Europe's top clubs, but according to reports Spurs and Newcastle were the two clubs who registered firm interest during the Janaury transfer window. "

Today:

"(...)However, "local sources" say Manchester United are now being joined by several English rivals ahead of the summer market.

Representatives from Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle United have all been tracking Falcao since the closure of the January market"

Hope there's some truth too it. Fantastic player with a great goal ratio. Possibly, or maybe probably, a bit too expensive though.

Guest Heneage

Would be an awesome signing, would be my perfect replacement for Carroll.

:laugh2:

How do you mean they are quite different in style?

I've mentioned on here before that I'd rather we changed our style of play than go for another lumbering target man.

Guest Roger Kint

Saw Villa and Blackburn(i think) linked with Ibsevic yesterday, anyone know how he is doing? Someone we could do with? Havent seen him since his bad injury a while back.

I've mentioned on here before that I'd rather we changed our style of play than go for another lumbering target man.

Also it means we wont have to pay Barton ridiculous wages, as he would be ineffectual...

Also it means we wont have to pay Barton ridiculous wages, as he would be ineffectual...

What a load of s****.

Guest Heneage

Porto don't do small fee's. He'd cost us at least €15m.

Radamel Falcao linked -

Two years ago:

"The Colombian born forward has been watched by a number of Europe's top clubs, but according to reports Spurs and Newcastle were the two clubs who registered firm interest during the Janaury transfer window. "

Today:

"(...)However, "local sources" say Manchester United are now being joined by several English rivals ahead of the summer market.

Representatives from Liverpool, Arsenal and Newcastle United have all been tracking Falcao since the closure of the January market"

Hope there's some truth too it. Fantastic player with a great goal ratio. Possibly, or maybe probably, a bit too expensive though.

would be a hell of a signing though I can't see it happening at all.

You'd think we already had an ample supply of mediocre strikers.

Probably just the mail pulling a story out of their asses based on Pardew saying that they had a scout watching the Ireland game anyway.

What a load of s****.

Loves to bite.

In all seriousness, I don't really see any point in changing our style of play, we've got a pretty shit team to be fair, but with a big guy upfront we have a very balanced and efficient team. A bit like Villa under MON, I don't think many of there players were anything special, but they were very balanced.

Spot on. But people are also re-writing history by suggesting we played s**t football with Carroll in the team. When we clicked, it was thrilling stuff, and the lad scored more for us this season with his foot than his head.