NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Are Colocho and Pip really thinking that our 'PR department' are writing articles with the Journal?

You'll never make it as a journalist if you don't sometimes write articles based on stuff that your source has said even though you know that he's just playing you. It's a give and take. Do you think these journalists would have any information about what happens at the club if they don't, from time to time, write articles that paint the club in a good light? If any journalist repeatedly writes s*** about the club, do you think Llambias lets him into St. James'? If the past few years has taught all of us anything about the way this club is run, it's that there are certain journalists/newspapers that are clued up on what happens at the club, and this access to information that other journalists/newspapers don't possess comes at a price.

No certain 'journalists' are banned when they write sensationalist pieces with little to no substance to back up their claims. If you're ever going to make it as a journalist yes you need good working relationships. That however does not extend to writing articles based on things you believe to be bollocks. I think the writer Mark Douglas is a fairly sound journalist who writes some good stuff from time to time.

If it was coming from Lee Ryder who I think tows the club line and is happy to be for the administration if it means he gets a phone call now and again with inside information .

This club may have become more media savvy but to think they outright dictate articles like some form of dictatorship administration. I think some of the problem is those who dislike the clubs owners let it seep into all avenues. So the thought of Enrique putting himself first or being portrayed as someone who may be selfish is all the work of those in charge of the football club like some puppeteers.

I mean look at the article we are discussing. All it says is the ball is in Enrique's court. Meaning the offer is there it's just his decision whether he wants to discuss, reject, or accept it.

would be nice to know what the "offer" is. It would at least give this debate some substance.

Guest neesy111

Are Colocho and Pip really thinking that our 'PR department' are writing articles with the Journal?

You'll never make it as a journalist if you don't sometimes write articles based on stuff that your source has said even though you know that he's just playing you. It's a give and take. Do you think these journalists would have any information about what happens at the club if they don't, from time to time, write articles that paint the club in a good light? If any journalist repeatedly writes s*** about the club, do you think Llambias lets him into St. James'? If the past few years has taught all of us anything about the way this club is run, it's that there are certain journalists/newspapers that are clued up on what happens at the club, and this access to information that other journalists/newspapers don't possess comes at a price.

No certain 'journalists' are banned when they write sensationalist pieces with little to no substance to back up their claims. If you're ever going to make it as a journalist yes you need good working relationships. That however does not extend to writing articles based on things you believe to be bollocks. I think the writer Mark Douglas is a fairly sound journalist who writes some good stuff from time to time.

If it was coming from Lee Ryder who I think tows the club line and is happy to be for the administration if it means he gets a phone call now and again with inside information .

This club may have become more media savvy but to think they outright dictate articles like some form of dictatorship administration. I think some of the problem is those who dislike the clubs owners let it seep into all avenues. So the thought of Enrique putting himself first or being portrayed as someone who may be selfish is all the work of those in charge of the football club like some puppeteers.

I mean look at the article we are discussing. All it says is the ball is in Enrique's court. Meaning the offer is there it's just his decision whether he wants to discuss, reject, or accept it.

Should remember Alan Oliver was on the NUFC payroll during the Freddy Shepherd era.  Thomson House are a lot more critical of the club than they were under the Hall and Shepherd era.

Bassong left us when he could've stayed, in that sense I'd rather have him not even come close to the ground.

On the other hand, if he was back to his old form, he'd be a big improvement on Williamson.

Guest Roger Kint

8 mil is a bit too much but I want Bass to come back.... I really liked him in his first year over here....

Very expensive way of ruining the team spirit. Daft rumour and cant see any truth in it thankfully

Didn't he go on strike and refuse to play a pre season friendly to force a move, Dundee I think it was, drew 1-1, Carroll scored.

Still a massive fan of Bassong, but he's a c*** who wanted out, why would we want him back?

Didn't he go on strike and refuse to play a pre season friendly to force a move, Dundee I think it was, drew 1-1, Carroll scored.

Still a massive fan of Bassong, but he's a c*** who wanted out, why would we want him back?

Don't blame him for wanting out.

He was one of the few players that were wanted by other clubs.

Surely made up and will never happen. Barton just said that the 'group of lads' basically told Bassong to f*** off if he wasn't up for the battle, can't see any way he'll play for us again.

I'd pay the £8m just to see the reaction when he first walks back into the dressing room :lol:

Still, refusing to play for the club that gave you your first big break and put you in the shop window, paid your wages etc etc is pathetic.  If you don't blame him for being such a petulant wanker fair play, I do.

Still, refusing to play for the club that gave you your first big break and put you in the shop window, paid your wages etc etc is pathetic.  If you don't blame him for being such a petulant wanker fair play, I do.

:thup:

Still, refusing to play for the club that gave you your first big break and put you in the shop window, paid your wages etc etc is pathetic.  If you don't blame him for being such a petulant w***** fair play, I do.

This is exactly why I'm nervous about us signing more French players. Almost every one who has played for us has turned out to be a back-stabbing cunt!

Sadly I fear that Ben Arfa will turn out to be another one, unless we can give him European football within a couple of seasons.

Long-haired Argies are the way forward!

He wasn't that great to start with tbh, thought we over rated him after a good start while really he a liability whose head dropped too often and became reckless in a tackle .

Rather we looked elsewhere since the spuds are paying him top whack as well.

He wasn't that great to start with tbh, thought we over rated him after a good start while really he a liability whose head dropped too often and became reckless in a tackle .

Rather we looked elsewhere since the spuds are paying him top whack as well.

My head hurts!

Still, refusing to play for the club that gave you your first big break and put you in the shop window, paid your wages etc etc is pathetic.  If you don't blame him for being such a petulant w***** fair play, I do.

This is exactly why I'm nervous about us signing more French players. Almost every one who has played for us has turned out to be a back-stabbing c***!

Sadly I fear that Ben Arfa will turn out to be another one, unless we can give him European football within a couple of seasons.

TBH, I am still surprised we got HBA.  Never thought for one minute we were more than just a stepping stone for him.  As strange as it sounds, the leg break might end up being a blessing in disguise for us, as he'll play at least all of next season I would have thought.

Also, depending on how skeptical you are, he's the perfect Ashley buy, bought for a reasonable fee with the potential for him to be sold on for two or three times the amount.

You never know though, he might actually love our fans......

This is exactly why I'm nervous about us signing more French players. Almost every one who has played for us has turned out to be a back-stabbing c***!

TBH, I am still surprised we got HBA.  Never thought for one minute we were more than just a stepping stone for him.  As strange as it sounds, the leg break might end up being a blessing in disguise for us, as he'll play at least all of next season I would have thought.

Also, depending on how skeptical you are, he's the perfect Ashley buy, bought for a reasonable fee with the potential for him to be sold on for two or three times the amount.

You never know though, he might actually love our fans......

Let's just hope he's more Laurent Robert/Olivier Bernard than Charles N'Zogbia/Didier Domi

Let's not be bringing back players. The last few times we've done that (Lee Clark, Robbie Elliott, Pav) they've looked an absolute shadow of the first time around. I've already done the 'dressing room morale' argument to death too re: Bassong, there's another reason not to.

Nobby was a slight exception to this, he put in some top performances in his final season despite his legs clearly having gone.

I can understand Bassong.

He had two options:

1. Playing for Newcastle in the 1st division with 8k a week.

2. Playing for Tottenham in the Premier league with 40k a week.

It's a nobrainer!!

I can understand Bassong.

He had two options:

1. Playing for Newcastle in the 1st division with 8k a week.

2. Playing for Tottenham in the Premier league with 40k a week.

It's a nobrainer!!

Yep...and yet he still chose the wrong option.

I don't blame him and think he would be a very good buy, but 8m is too much.

I honestly can't understand why anybody who isn't a Newcastle fan would want to play for us, but then again I can't understand why everybody isn't a Newcastle fan.