NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Roger Kint

Any regular watchers of Genk here? Vossen looks canny on highlights, wondering what he is like in real time. This is probably the first season i have almost completely avoided non English football so dont know much about him, Sow, Rondon etc

Guest icemanblue

Doubt that El-Arabi would cost as much as £12-15m.

He'll cost about £9 million, I reckon.

Nah, more like £7.4 million.

Guest icemanblue

Doubt that El-Arabi would cost as much as £12-15m.

He'll cost about £9 million, I reckon.

Nah, more like £7.4 million.

8.1?

Possibly, 500k over 6 months. A further 200k after 20 league games?

If Pardew wants to play a lone striker with HBA supporting, surely we won't be signing Gameiro?

why ?

Because we play plenty of long balls direct passes and Gamerio is hardly the tallest or biggest built is he?  I'm not a french football expert, in fact I've rarely seen it since Setanta went bust, but I've seen KG on youtube and he hardly looks like he'd fit into the lone striker role for us.

so we'd keep the same style of football with HBA and gameiro ? you are only thinking of the lone striker as the big target man, with the right support it can work, think beardsley/cole (HBA is the nearest i've seen to beardsley). it would mean, from the current personnel, jonas having to push further on and stop  spending  half the game on jose's toes,nolan would play as he does anyway and barton would have to come into the back area more when we have the ball on the other side. all of them would have to learn to move a bit to take advantage of HBA's drifting.

It's a fair point and I would prefer us to play it on the deck a bit more, we're not exactly a Wimbeldon/Blackburn type team, but we do utilise the long diagonal and play for flick ons.  Considering we have Shola and Carroll before him that's fair enough I suppose.

However, signing Gamerio for a big fee and asking him to lead the line on his own, against seasonsed premier league centre backs is a massive ask and for the first season at least he would struggle IMO.  Also, in games where we've got our backs to the wall and anywhere will do, I can't see the ball sticking too him after a 60 yard upfield clearance.

I don't know much about the lad TBH, so I might be wide of the mark, but from the videos I've seen, I'm not sure I've seen him head the ball and he only looks about 5ft 8"/5ft 9" and a fairly slight build, great finisher though.

Gameiro is one of those strikers who likes to get behind defenders, but he doesn't do alot of holding up or linking up the play. In my opinion he needs a partner otherwise he doesn't get into the game. Don't think he will be the type of striker we are looking for if we are going to play Ben Arfa or Ireland as a second striker.

If Pardew wants to play a lone striker with HBA supporting, surely we won't be signing Gameiro?

why ?

Because we play plenty of long balls direct passes and Gamerio is hardly the tallest or biggest built is he?  I'm not a french football expert, in fact I've rarely seen it since Setanta went bust, but I've seen KG on youtube and he hardly looks like he'd fit into the lone striker role for us.

so we'd keep the same style of football with HBA and gameiro ? you are only thinking of the lone striker as the big target man, with the right support it can work, think beardsley/cole (HBA is the nearest i've seen to beardsley). it would mean, from the current personnel, jonas having to push further on and stop  spending  half the game on jose's toes,nolan would play as he does anyway and barton would have to come into the back area more when we have the ball on the other side. all of them would have to learn to move a bit to take advantage of HBA's drifting.

It's a fair point and I would prefer us to play it on the deck a bit more, we're not exactly a Wimbeldon/Blackburn type team, but we do utilise the long diagonal and play for flick ons.  Considering we have Shola and Carroll before him that's fair enough I suppose.

However, signing Gamerio for a big fee and asking him to lead the line on his own, against seasonsed premier league centre backs is a massive ask and for the first season at least he would struggle IMO.  Also, in games where we've got our backs to the wall and anywhere will do, I can't see the ball sticking too him after a 60 yard upfield clearance.

I don't know much about the lad TBH, so I might be wide of the mark, but from the videos I've seen, I'm not sure I've seen him head the ball and he only looks about 5ft 8"/5ft 9" and a fairly slight build, great finisher though.

again it depends on what you mean by 'lead tyhe line'. andy cole didn't do much of that sort of thing and right now hernandez at man utd is playing a similar sort of role with rooney playing much deeper off him (in fact almost left wing if tues was anything to go by).

just to clarify, i don't know enough about the lad to say whether i'd like to sign him or not, but a player of that type could work, i'd even go so far as to say that sort of player would get the best from HBA. the days of the traget man recieve long balls and holding it up are as dead as two 'wingers' whose sole aim was to hit the by-line and sling in crosses for a big man.

Who's this Rondon character?  Never heard of him,  who's he play for?  is he big? fast? small?

21 year old Venezuelan striker for Malaga, scored 12 goals in La Liga this season for a shite team. Big, stocky centre forward type but with decent pace and movement.

Doyle would be a poor signing.

Decent all-round footballer but there's nothing at all about him that will scare teams, we should be aiming for someone a lot better this summer.

A front two of

http://www.gentevalencia.com/noticias/wp-content/themes/headlines/thumb.php?src=http://www.gentevalencia.com/noticias/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Micro13.jpg&h=200&w=200&zc=1&q=90 and http://www.footkorean.net/wp-content/themes/TheSource/timthumb.php?src=http://www.footkorean.net/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/park-chu-young_82869.jpg&h=200&w=200&zc=1

Would be the future for me :smitten:

This post is probably the perfect mix of biased + delusional :lol:

Guest sicko2ndbest

Doyle would be a poor signing.

Decent all-round footballer but there's nothing at all about him that will scare teams, we should be aiming for someone a lot better this summer.

I am sure we will be. But it will be from abroad therefore adding a little bit of the unknown to him. We need 2 strikers in my opinion to replace Carroll and Ranger who needs to go out on loan.

Doyle offers pedigree, work rate and decent all round footballing ability. I have a Lot of Wolves friends who idolise him and say they are not the same without him.