NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest sicko2ndbest

I'm a little worried about the Fact we havnt been linked with many out and out centre forwards

Gervinho/nzog are both forward players but they need a fulcrum. A shearer/Carroll type player is ideal

Is Sow/Gameiro this type of player?

Guest Recoba

Erdinc linked to us again. He says he is flattered. Apparently we bid 4 or 5 million last season. I could see us going in again, he could be our number 9. He had a poor season and PSG could use the cash to get gameiro.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Erdinc linked to us again. He says he is flattered. Apparently we bid 4 or 5 million last season. I could see us going in again, he could be our number 9. He had a poor season and PSG could use the cash to get gameiro.

Have you got the link?

If the striker, say Gameiro, was talented enough and still a goal threat - i'd take a punt on not having a 'physical' striker. A team pumped with pace, flair and movement (so long as everyone was firing on all cylinders) would be a refreshing change. We've got bits and pieces of it fluttering around, mainly down the left side... add Zog, HBA and [Gameiro] to that and we've got some rather delightful carpet football. :smug:

Entirely hypothetical like, but all i'm saying is - i wouldn't say a target man is an absolute necessity.

Guest Recoba

We were def in for Erdinc last summer, he is possibly available now. Would prefer him to Sow, we should avoid players with ACN commitments.

Guest Recoba

They call him Erdinc in Turkey and Erding in France, I think. He's French but plays for Turkey.

Calling Carlton Cole the new Gazza is like saying Ian Huntley is the new Esther Rantzen.

to be fair, do you know if carlton talks to plastic parrots and turns up at sieges promising to put things right with a can of beer, fishing rod and some KFC ?

Stoke manager Tony Pulis is planning to make a £9m summer bid for England striker Carlton Cole from relegated West Ham as he prepares his side for next season's Europa League.

:fwap:

£9mil?! Jeezaz.

Hope to god we're not in for him, especially for that price.

doubt he'll go for anywhere near that (I don't think they'd get 9m for Parker let alone Cole), and i'd examine the sanity of anyone who paid that much for him. then again didn't we get 9m or so for oba so theres always stupid people out there....

Stoke manager Tony Pulis is planning to make a £9m summer bid for England striker Carlton Cole from relegated West Ham as he prepares his side for next season's Europa League.

:fwap:

http://i936.photobucket.com/albums/ad207/pacontrolrm/gifs/shockguys.gif

Carlton Cole? No. Just no.

This is a man who has never scored more than 10 league goals per season (12 in all competitions is his best return). This year, his return is 5 from 28.

He makes "Homegrown Striking Ace" Shola Ameobi look fucking prolific.

Laughably he had never scored 2 goals in a PL game until boxing day just gone. At 27 and having played up front your entire career, that's fucking disgraceful. Career stats of 52 in 248 in all competitions says it all. One in 5 ffs. The man's a fraud.

I think managers like Cole because he's good at bringing other players into the game. Good first touch and a decent in the air. Let's face it, it's not his prowess in front of goal that gets their notice.

Should be avoided at all cost. Especially more than 2-3mil.. Cole is identical to Shola in terms of his mentality/confidence/determination and it would make no sense to bring in another notorious under-performer.. unless we're planning on getting rid of Lovenkrands/Ranger which is not very likely..

Should be avoided at all cost. Especially more than 2-3mil.. Cole is identical to Shola in terms of his mentality/confidence/determination and it would make no sense to bring in another notorious under-performer.. unless we're planning on getting rid of Lovenkrands/Ranger which is not very likely..

And he prefers Oranges