NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

I hate this "Oh Harper's been loyal to us, he deserves the number 1 shirt". It was HIS choice to sit on the bench for years, nobody forced him. I fear that despite his pretty average ability at the top level we'll persist with him resulting in us loisng one, if not both of Forster and Krul.

If he had a shit season last outing then fair enough, but since he was solid and is better than anything we've got and could afford, bringing up his loyalty as the only reason he should be No1 next season is daft, or would you sell him for pittance and play Krul or Forster with no Premiership experience between them? Again daft.

If we wanted to blood the youngsters we should have done it last season in a lower league, there's far too much to lose this season so it can't be done.

Harper is average at best. Crazy how some people think he deserves god like status for sitting on the bench for so long. Wonder what people make of Kris Gate for being a squad player nowhere near the first team for about 6 years.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Chris Hughton on facebook says exicting news to be announced soon..... :frantic:    :dowie:

He's remembered his twitter password..?

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Chris Hughton has added J Lloyd as a friend on Facebook!  :frantic:

Colin Calderwood likes!

(not really)

I hate this "Oh Harper's been loyal to us, he deserves the number 1 shirt". It was HIS choice to sit on the bench for years, nobody forced him. I fear that despite his pretty average ability at the top level we'll persist with him resulting in us loisng one, if not both of Forster and Krul.

Assuming that you are referring to my post that is a couple up from yours, you mustn't have read it properly. 

I didn't say that he deserves his place because he is a loyal servant to the club, I said that after the length of time he has waited and sat on the bench he is unlikely to decide all of a sudden that he needs to leave to progress his career or anything.

http://www.afrik.com/breve21900.html

According to this, quotes from someone from Slavia Sofia say we've actually bid more than €1m for that M'Bohli.

Basically says according to the Bulgarian press we've made an offer, and the quotes are...

"Newcastle have shown a strong interest in obtaining the services of M'Bohli, but for now, there's nothing concrete. There are other details that we don't want to divulge just yet".

We don't need a fucking keeper, especially not a black one. [Xenophobe, racist etc]

If we can afford to do so and it will not hurt our spending in other areas I wouldn't be against us brining in a new experienced keeper on the (very) cheap and sending both Krul and Forster out on loan.

Well no, I agree. But it blatantly will affect the spending and we'll go into the game against man utd with Nolan, Guthrie and Barton in the centre of midfield, but hey at least we'll have a new keeper to pick the ball out of the net seven times.

According to this, quotes from someone from Slavia Sofia say we've actually bid more than €1m for that M'Bohli.

Basically says according to the Bulgarian press we've made an offer, and the quotes are...

"Newcastle have shown a strong interest in obtaining the services of M'Bohli, but for now, there's nothing concrete. There are other details that we don't want to divulge just yet".

i do believe hughton dismissed this one last week

The papers and websites are desperate for football related news, the fans are desperate for rumours, the agents are desperate to get their client's names out there.  Being a football agent must be so much fun in the summer time.  I wish I knew how to break into that industry. 

You could sign up a few unrepresented part-timers or immigrants playing for non-league sides, and then bombard TeamTalk and the other NewsNow linked sites with e-mails about how "[insert club here] have shown strong interest in securing the services of such-and-such".  You could show that to your clients and bullshit them about how much hard work you are doing on their behalf.  Do you need a license or something?   

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The papers and websites are desperate for football related news, the fans are desperate for rumours, the agents are desperate to get their client's names out there.  Being a football agent must be so much fun in the summer time.  I wish I knew how to break into that industry. 

You could sign up a few unrepresented part-timers or immigrants playing for non-league sides, and then bombard TeamTalk and the other NewsNow linked sites with e-mails about how "[insert club here] have shown strong interest in securing the services of such-and-such".  You could show that to your clients and bullshit them about how much hard work you are doing on their behalf.  Do you need a license or something?   

Just a lack of morality I believe.

We don't need a fucking keeper, especially not a black one. [Xenophobe, racist etc]

If we can afford to do so and it will not hurt our spending in other areas I wouldn't be against us brining in a new experienced keeper on the (very) cheap and sending both Krul and Forster out on loan.

I'd be a big fan of this happening.

We don't need a f***ing keeper, especially not a black one. [Xenophobe, racist etc]

Not exactly going to do wonders for the moral of either Krul or Forster though is it.

I expect Krul would want to leave if it happened.

We don't need a f***ing keeper, especially not a black one. [Xenophobe, racist etc]

Not exactly going to do wonders for the moral of either Krul or Forster though is it.

I expect Krul would want to leave if it happened.

Why? He'll know he's number 2 to Harper next season, he should know he needs regular football, he knows Harper is coming to the end of his career.