NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

Could be a classic Ashley ruse- bid low for a player who we have little chance of signing and then ensure a press leak. When the owning club reject the bid, get Derek to play the "hey, we tried!" card.

Could be a classic Ashley ruse- bid low for a player who we have little chance of signing and then ensure a press leak. When the owning club reject the bid, get Derek to play the "hey, we tried!" card.

I doubt he even cares enough to try and fool us

I doubt he even cares enough to try and fool us

We do seem to make an inordinately large amount of failed bids for promising players in the French League under Ashley.

Hmm.... :mystery:

Guest BooBoo

The classic example is the ludicrous song and dance they made about us trying to sign Michael Johnson and Kieron Richardson a few years back on January deadline day.

The classic example is the ludicrous song and dance they made about us trying to sign Michael Johnson and Kieron Richardson a few years back on January deadline day.

Aye, and about Elano as well that time.

Aye David Craig was munching on the bacon sarnie telling us to expect an exciting day. We ended up completing the Ryan Taylor deal and making two smokescreen bids for Richardson and Johnson. No idea how they thought we would be fooled by it. Haha.

They apparently paid 9m euros for him last summer.

He goes and has a great season and we apparently proceed to offer them significantly less than they paid a year ago.

Seems like the kind of "Surely they won't accept this... PHEW!!" offer our lot would throw in alright. :lol:

Why would Ashley tell everyone not to expect any money spent and then make fake bids for players to try to convince us that they are going to spend money?  Some people on here need mental help :lol:

Guest jeffers09

http://www.foot-algerien.com/fennecs/1112.html

"According to 'Compétition', the Algerian defender, Rafik Halliche, is very close to joining Newcastle. Talks have been ongoing since before the World Cup between his agent and English representatives".

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01524/Rafik-Halliche_1524541i.jpg

what the **** .....   

Mevlut Erdinc is an FM legend, so I'd be up for that!

With regards to us becoming a feeder club, at the end of the day Weiss and Wilshere are better than Bolton reserves. It doesn't matter if we're loaning them this year, as long as we survive. tbh its smart getting them two on loan when buying players equally as good would cost a lot.