NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

why doesnt a reporter leak who it is? what benefit do they have in keeping it a secret, unless they dont know a thing either?

paper selling ploy? "big news tomorrow", tomorrow comes "big striker coming this week", this week comes "change of events in striker bid coming tomorrow",

rinse

repeat

The club, or his source inside the club, will be happy to leak things to him in the future.

this

Utter bollocks. If he knew who it was, he'd say.

He doesn't.

He's worth a hell of a lot more than £7m.

"as tabling the eight-figure offer for a striker attracting interest from a host of clubs."

He's took that out of the online edition of the article hasn't he? Hence all the confusion.

Initially it stated it would be an "eight-figure mega deal" (sic), but now he's running with £7-8m.

He was either pissed or knackered when he wrote the first copy, because the latest edition barely resembles it and now makes no sense at all, given the "mega" headline and the fact that the bids will now be less than we had bid for Gameiro and less than we have offered/will offer for both Gervinho and N'Zogbia.

Seems a decent enough bloke, but poor from him today.

Still says "mega" and "eight figure" on the SS website.

Apparently we're looking at Madjid Bougherra from Rangers as well as Vladmir Weiss (again). This comes from a chap I know who apparently knows some 'ITK's' at Ibrox. He said their fairly reliable.

Wouldn't touch Bougherra with a bargepole.

Why not? If we could get Alan Smith to go in the opposite direction as part of the deal, it would be sweet.

He's an accident waiting to happen, especially in a league that isn't total shite.

I wonder if the "mega deal" is being dubbed by the press/sources as such because its going to be a MA funded one, similar to Colo if i remember right.  Maybe a bridge building attempt, invest some of his own money on top of the Carroll cash?

Guest elbee909

I wonder if the "mega deal" is being dubbed by the press/sources as such because its going to be a MA funded one, similar to Colo if i remember right.  Maybe a bridge building attempt, invest some of his own money on top of the Carroll cash?

Wow, that's a big maybe.

Why not? If we could get Alan Smith to go in the opposite direction as part of the deal, it would be sweet.

He's an accident waiting to happen, especially in a league that isn't total shite.

I think you're being a bit unfair and a bit prejudicial towards him - the SPL may well not be of a consistently high standard but Bougherra is a more than decent player and would be a good addition to our squad. Honestly!

Bougherra is a Championship reject.

And as such would fit in well alongside Lovenkrands, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, James Perch, Mike Williamson, Danny Guthrie.......

I think you're being a bit unfair and a bit prejudicial towards him - the SPL may well not be of a consistently high standard but Bougherra is a more than decent player and would be a good addition to our squad. Honestly!

He was quality in the champions league too, yep championship reject.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Spoke to Pardew earlier. Bullish as ever. Interesting transfer update in the Journal - an Enrique development in the Chronicle... #nufc

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Spoke to Pardew earlier. Bullish as ever. Interesting transfer update in the Journal - an Enrique development in the Chronicle... #nufc

Which one does he work for again? Weird he'd advertise both.