NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Wouldn't touch Bougherra with a bargepole.

Why not? If we could get Alan Smith to go in the opposite direction as part of the deal, it would be sweet.

He's an accident waiting to happen, especially in a league that isn't total shite.

I think you're being a bit unfair and a bit prejudicial towards him - the SPL may well not be of a consistently high standard but Bougherra is a more than decent player and would be a good addition to our squad. Honestly!

He was quality in the champions league too, yep championship reject.

Lots of the Rangers team have looked 'quality' in the CL, present and recent past. I've seen half the shit they've since flogged to Championship clubs raise their game for European games. Doesn't mean it's anywhere near their natural level.

Bougherra's an average defender at an absolute best, like he proved in his previous spells in England.

Bougherra is a Championship reject.

And as such would fit in well alongside Lovenkrands, Ryan Taylor, Nile Ranger, James Perch, Mike Williamson, Danny Guthrie.......

Eh? Exactly, we don't want anymore dross to pad out the squad. Especially not cunts like Bougherra. Let him continue to kid himself above the border.

is there that much of a difference between them? i've never read either. surely they end up replicating stories....

There's more up to date news in the Chronicle. I read it more than the Journal tbh.

The old Riise link's cropped up again. From Corriere dello Sport (always think of that Richardson bloke in a cafe on a Saturday morning when I think of that paper).

http://www.calciomercatonews.com/ultime-notizie/2011/06/12/calciomercato-roma-via-riise-per-fare-spazio-a-clichy/

Says that Roma want Clichy, and that we could sign Riise for €3m to create space for him to go there.

The old Riise link's cropped up again. From Corriere dello Sport (always think of that Richardson bloke in a cafe on a Saturday morning when I think of that paper).

http://www.calciomercatonews.com/ultime-notizie/2011/06/12/calciomercato-roma-via-riise-per-fare-spazio-a-clichy/

Says that Roma want Clichy, and that we could sign Riise for €3m to create space for him to go there.

Richardson sitting next to a geet fuck off tower of ice cream of which he never touched. Restrained bastard.

Richardson sitting next to a geet f*** off tower of ice cream of which he never touched. Restrained b******.

I remember some sketch him and Paul Ince did on one episode where Ince was pretending to pack all his clothes and Richardson asking what he was doing and him replying, "Haven't you heard? I'm going to Newcastle!".

No thanks to Riise, was starting to struggle in this league when he left and that was how many years ago? A hammer of a left foot can only go so far to covering up multiple failures elsewhere in your game.

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Spoke to Pardew earlier. Bullish as ever. Interesting transfer update in the Journal - an Enrique development in the Chronicle... #nufc

The transfer update isn't interesting, it's just Neil Taylor again.