NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Sell him if they offer £3 million.

He's worth more to us than 3m, even though he has his flaws.

He's part of a settled back four, who could we realistically replace him with for 3 million?

I have to say it's a minority but those few who are happy to flog every player we have whenever a pitiful offer comes in can't have experienced some of the truely shit players we have had to put up with in the last few years. Some costing stupid sums of money.

By all means try for a better right back but Simpson should be kept until we either get a ridiculous offer or we are in the position where he is 3rd choice.

I have to say it's a minority but those few who are happy to flog every player we have whenever a pitiful offer comes in can't have experienced some of the truely shit players we have had to put up with in the last few years. Some costing stupid sums of money.

By all means try for a better right back but Simpson should be kept until we either get a ridiculous offer or we are in the position where he is 3rd choice.

:nods:

I love how some people think we can sell any of our players and bring in someone twice as good for the fee we get.

£3m ffs, who are we gonna get for that.  Why don't we just give QPR a direct swap, Simpson for Ramage, so they see what a truly shit RB looks like, and Simpson's valuation would suddenly start looking the double of £3m.

http://www.francefootball.fr/#!/news/2011/06/14/080338_saint-etienne-ne-bradera-pas-matuidi.html

"Blaise Matuidi is a wanted man. St-Etienne's international midfielder is wanted by PSG, Lyon, Arsenal, Roma and Newcastle. According to L'Equipe, the Magpies were particularly interested to take the 3-time France international to join up with the former Lille midfielder Yohan Cabaye. The problem for the bosses of the British club? Their St-Etienne counterparts are very greedy. "Blaise Matuidi does have a release-clause in writing, and it's €15m" Roland Romeyer, director of St-Etienne told Le Parisien.

QPR if true are making crazy low bids for decent players. £1.5m is a joke for Simpson as was their £1m 'bid' for Swansea's Ashley Williams.

I'd take Roger Johnson I think he's better than Williamson but would cost too much. Probably £5-6m which is too much as he's not that much better than Willo

I think R.Johnson would improve our team but not a priority at the moment. Adam Johnson would be great but by the time you add a English premium we'll be paying £15m plus and I think Zoggy is at least on par with him.

Aren't QPR owned by Qataris or Arabs as well? Youd think they had a bit more to hoy around.

Neither. It's the Mittal family with Flava Flave Briatore as their sidekick I believe.

Technically the richest club in world football until Man City was bought by the entire State of Abu Dhabi :lol:

Can't see the Matuidi story on the L'Equipe site yet but a number of places quoting the paper saying we've preparing a firm bid. Part of a midfield three with Tiote and Cabaye or Tiote potential replacement?

Having a laugh, right? I don't think we will spend that much (the reported €12m) on a midfielder. We need wingers.

http://www.lequipe.fr/Football/breves2011/20110614_101702_newcastle-suit-matuidi.html

The original source.

Followed by PSG, Blaise Matuidi, according to our newspaper, is also on Newcastle's wanted list, who want to team him up with their new signing, Yohan Cabaye. St-Etienne's management really want to get €15m from the sale of their midfielder, while his value is estimated at €8m. However the French international has a release clause of €12m in his contract. It's difficult to believe if even the English or new PSG owners would be prepared to spend that.

Can't see the Matuidi story on the L'Equipe site yet but a number of places quoting the paper saying we've preparing a firm bid. Part of a midfield three with Tiote and Cabaye or Tiote potential replacement?

Having a laugh, right? I don't think we will spend that much (the reported €12m) on a midfielder. We need wingers.

you don't need wingers for width.

---------------Cabaye------Tiote--------Matuidi---------------

N'Zogbia-----------------------------------------------Ben Arfa

------------------------------Erdinc-------------------------------

:frantic:

Our defence might as well set up a picnic.