NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

If we sign another out-and-out striker for the first team, how does that affect where HBA plays? Will we be looking at a 4-3-1-2 with Barton dropped to the bench?

taxfree, likes to rule out 97% of the footballing world.

The f*** I do. I "rule out" players because they're probably not coming. Simple. You can speculate all you want, he is not the type of player we are looking for.

A striker who scores goals, we don't want those types in these parts.

A nippy, speedy striker is what we're reportedly looking for.

We have Ba and Ben Arfa who Pardew has said will be playing number 10, those two are pretty quick. Wouldn't be opposed to a big lad who can bully.

Gameiro, Erdinc, Long - there is a pattern. We're definitely not after a big lad.

Because you know that we aren't after anyone else behind the scenes don't you, Colin?

(Sylvain Marveaux)

The f*** I do. I "rule out" players because they're probably not coming. Simple. You can speculate all you want, he is not the type of player we are looking for.

We have Ba and Ben Arfa who Pardew has said will be playing number 10, those two are pretty quick. Wouldn't be opposed to a big lad who can bully.

Gameiro, Erdinc, Long - there is a pattern. We're definitely not after a big lad.

Because you know that we aren't after anyone else behind the scenes don't you, Colin?

(Sylvain Marveaux)

Boring. Fuck off.

(Sylvain Marveaux)

Boring. Fuck off.

:lol:

(Sylvain Marveaux)

Boring. f*** off.

Soz like, I forgot you were the bastian of entertainment. What with your insightful views and such.

Am I wrong though, Col? Could we possibly be after other players behind the scenes that the press have not yet gotten wind of?

With Taxfree on us looking for someone quicker ala Bellamy, that can harass defenders and work the channels, although I would be surprised if we werent looking for someone that was versatile enough to play up on his own too.

Would have thought Ba and Ameobi (mabye Best if he is here) would be the physical target men from what we have. I know that is putting a worrying amount of faith in Ba's knee holding out so Ameobi doesnt have to play.

I'd prefer to see us buying another winger that can also play further forward and a target man tbh. I think if we get another attacking winger we will have enough depth for a 4-3-3/4-5-1. Injuries to Ameobi/Ba and I am not sure who we would put up front.

(Sylvain Marveaux)

Boring. f*** off.

Soz like, I forgot you were the bastian of entertainment. What with your insightful views and such.

Am I wrong though, Col? Could we possibly be after other players behind the scenes that the press have not yet gotten wind of?

Such a c***  :lol:

Yes, of course, but or main striker buy will be a striker in the mould of Gameiro, Erdinc and Long, surely. We may of course sign another striker as well, but I can't see us splashing as much as Bendtner would cost.

If we sign another out-and-out striker for the first team, how does that affect where HBA plays? Will we be looking at a 4-3-1-2 with Barton dropped to the bench?

I've wondered where a new striker would fit in anyway if Ben Arfa was going to play as a second striker and Ba looking like a starter too.

Unless of course it's a diamond midfield but both of our fullbacks are too average going forward for that.

(Sylvain Marveaux)

Boring. f*** off.

Such a c***  :lol:

Yes, of course, but or main striker buy will be a striker in the mould of Gameiro, Erdinc and Long, surely. We may of course sign another striker as well, but I can't see us splashing as much as Bendtner would cost.

All the local rags mentioned we were still looking to bring in another two strikers after Ba, just before we signed him.

Can see us looking for a cheaper target man alternative to our main striker target. Chronicle hinted we will possibly pick up Long and our Continental target if the deals are right though.

Random -

BBC says Bendtner is in talk with an unnamed club. NUFC?

Douglas -

No

The same Douglas who said that we wouldn't bring in Demba Ba?

Yes. He, like most journalists, doesn't get everything right. He definitely knows more than us in general anyway, and hasn't really said much wrong (except about Ba).

Random -

Douglas -

No

To be fair to him, I would imagine it's much easier to get answers to direct questions like 'are you in talks with Bendtner?' than stuff like 'who are you going to sign next?'.

Random -

Douglas -

No

To be fair to him, I would imagine it's much easier to get answers to direct questions like 'are you in talks with Bendtner?' than stuff like 'who are you going to sign next?'.

"Are you looking at Demba Ba?" Not very difficult that either.

Guest Heneage

Random -

Douglas -

No

Is that not his point though? That he said we wouldn't sign someone we inevitably did. Of course depending how you read the Cabaye transfer he may be 'ITK' or such like.

Roughly what wages would we / anyone else be looking at for Bendtner?

On 35-40k at Arsenal I tink.

Forgive me for being a retard. But when the likes of Bendner leaves a club like Arsenal, taking a step backward to go forward if you like, would he be looking for a pay rise. He seems a big headed cunt like.

Douglas knows f*** all.

I'd say he knows more than us.

Not me he doesnt. thats for sure.

That's only because you have Colin Warris on twitter, you rotter!  :angry: