NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Random -

BBC says Bendtner is in talk with an unnamed club. NUFC?

Douglas -

No

The same Douglas who said that we wouldn't bring in Demba Ba?

To be fair to him, I would imagine it's much easier to get answers to direct questions like 'are you in talks with Bendtner?' than stuff like 'who are you going to sign next?'.

Is that not his point though? That he said we wouldn't sign someone we inevitably did. Of course depending how you read the Cabaye transfer he may be 'ITK' or such like.

could be he wasn't told the whole truth, cabaye agreed so he was told, ba hadn't been agreed so the club cooled the info.

Random -

Douglas -

No

To be fair to him, I would imagine it's much easier to get answers to direct questions like 'are you in talks with Bendtner?' than stuff like 'who are you going to sign next?'.

Is that not his point though? That he said we wouldn't sign someone we inevitably did. Of course depending how you read the Cabaye transfer he may be 'ITK' or such like.

could be he wasn't told the whole truth, cabaye agreed so he was told, ba hadn't been agreed so the club cooled the info.

And that could be the same with Bendtner...

Random -

Douglas -

No

"Are you looking at Demba Ba?" Not very difficult that either.

It's known Bendtner is in talks with someone, if us it would be a fact. I can imagine whoever his source(s) is/are would be much more comfortable giving facts out about something happening in the current time than potential targets. It's the difference between revealing something out in the open and something they've only spoke about within the club.

In any case I think all he said about Ba was 'Not a target from what I'm told.' and IIRC it was some time before we signed him. His information isn't flawless by any stretch of the imagination but it's certainly interesting to see what he says IMO.

Douglas knows f*** all.

I'd say he knows more than us.

Not me he doesnt. thats for sure.

That's only because you have Colin Warris on twitter, you rotter!  :angry:

I am Colin Warris.

No! I'm Colin Warris.

Douglas knows f*** all.

I'd say he knows more than us.

Not me he doesnt. thats for sure.

That's only because you have Colin Warris on twitter, you rotter!  :angry:

I am Colin Warris.

Alright Colin, big fan. Fancy meeting up for a drink? I can come to your house if you don't want to travel, just give me an address :)

Guest BooBoo

Whats happened to George Caulkin btw? Hardly ever says a peep these days about whats happening at SJP.

Mark Douglas will not give out any info that will affect our potential signings, especially for those in crucial stage.

So if we did have talks with Bendtner, probably we are very closed to agreeing both the fees and the contract and the deal will wrap up very soon.

He's on holiday.

Gotta say, I'm utterly mystified at football journos, and even more so at agents and club execs, who take vacation during the transfer window! It's not like it's a fucking secret when it is.

He's on holiday.

Gotta say, I'm utterly mystified at football journos, and even more so at agents and club execs, who take vacation during the transfer window! It's not like it's a fucking secret when it is.

Was my initial thought but then I thought "hang on, when it's not the transfer window these journalists have to report of the football"  :blush: O0

He's on holiday.

Gotta say, I'm utterly mystified at football journos, and even more so at agents and club execs, who take vacation during the transfer window! It's not like it's a f***ing secret when it is.

Kids? School? Wife? Not so fucking difficult to understand tbh.

My job pays the bills - if I have work commitments, I don't go on vacation regardless of what my wife and kids might think. 

If my livelihood was based on 10% of someone's contract, putting together a winning (or at least not-to-be-relegated) squad, or even breaking transfer stories to sell papers/generate web hits, I'd be on the clock 24/7 during the window.  Maybe I'm just greedy or conscientious.

Was my initial thought but then I thought "hang on, when it's not the transfer window these journalists have to report of the football"  :blush: O0

A fair point. Plus, I like Caulkin.  Doesn't excuse agents and club execs though!

My job pays the bills - if I have work commitments, I don't go on vacation regardless of what my wife and kids might think.  

If my livelihood was based on 10% of someone's contract, putting together a winning (or at least not-to-be-relegated) squad, or even breaking transfer stories to sell papers/generate web hits, I'd be on the clock 24/7 during the window.  Maybe I'm just greedy or conscientious.

Does that mean they are never allowed a holiday? (see my post above), pretty sure the paper hasn't ground to a halt without him there.

Edit: ignore  :colo:

Was my initial thought but then I thought "hang on, when it's not the transfer window these journalists have to report of the football"  :blush: O0

A fair point. Plus, I like Caulkin.  Doesn't excuse agents and club execs though!

Very different, tbh. In the grand scheme of things, just how many solid stories are there to report during the transfer window - especially in early July?