NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Sunderland have a moneybags chairman/owner/whatever he is. Go and spunk £7m on crap and let us have the freebies, please.

He actually hasn't spent that much.

Guest firetotheworks

Surely, even with us only being promoted, if Gosling's choice's were between us and the mackems, he just couldn't chose them, I mean, he must surely visit both places and see the players in each team. You can't look at Sunderland and go 'thats an attractive propsition, I really want to go there', you only go there if your mind set is 'first team football, decent wage, aye ill play there till I get a move away' (Kieran Richardson to name just one)

I'd say the stock is pretty even between the two at the moment.

The Chairman - Sunderland

The Manager - Sunderland

The Team - Sunderland

The Team on Paper - Newcastle

First Team Opportunities - Sunderland?

The City - Newcastle

The Support - Newcastle

The Wages - ?? maybe Sunderland

Reputation/History - Newcastle

The Potential at the moment - Sunderland

Surely, even with us only being promoted, if Gosling's choice's were between us and the mackems, he just couldn't chose them, I mean, he must surely visit both places and see the players in each team. You can't look at Sunderland and go 'thats an attractive propsition, I really want to go there', you only go there if your mind set is 'first team football, decent wage, aye ill play there till I get a move away' (Kieran Richardson to name just one)

Depends how our club is sold to him...it depends how he sees NUFC as a club and the nobs that run it.  Sunderland are settled, have a proven manager and a top goal scorer.  We on the other hand are in a massive transition period and its being handled by fools and people who want to take a lend of the fans.

I'd say the stock is pretty even between the two at the moment.

The Chairman - Sunderland

The Manager - Sunderland

The Team - Sunderland

The Team on Paper - Sunderland

First Team Opportunities - Newcastle

The City - Newcastle

The Support - Same

The Wages - Sunderland

Reputation/History - Newcastle

The Potential at the moment - Sunderland

IMO

Think our (apparent) lack of money could see us an advantage re. the Gosling deal - if he sees that the mackems are loaded he'll know they have the potential to sign better players that will see him being a squad player at best again like he was at Everton.

I'd be well chuffed if we got De Guzman and Gosling on frees like.

20 and 22? There's room for improvement and development for both of them, exactly the kind of age of players we should be bringing through.

young players don't seem to improve under us much from recent experiences IMO....saying that I would happily have them both here.

Cant see us getting de guzman, despite what the rags hint. remember being happy to being linked with his less talented brother julian, which never materialised. jonathon will have a ton of offers on the table if he really has overcome his injury problems. if thats not the case a switch back to canadian allegiance and a toronto move beckons.

Can't imagine anyone choosing us over Sunderland right now for any reason other than maybe being a Geordie.

In fact, we're probably 18th or 19th in terms of attractiveness in the league

Think our (apparent) lack of money could see us an advantage re. the Gosling deal - if he sees that the mackems are loaded he'll know they have the potential to sign better players that will see him being a squad player at best again like he was at Everton.

Wow that is some serious grasping at straws there. 

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Can't imagine anyone choosing us over Sunderland right now for any reason other than maybe being a Geordie.

Ho'way, we must be at least 15th now Cheryl is single again?

:dowie:

Stoke, Wolves, West Brom, West Ham, Bolton, Blackpool & Blackburn are all better propositions than us are they?  That was just skimming.

Howay man, we're not that fucking bad a prospect for a professional footballer.

Guest Antigalican

Or an opportunity if you have a reputation to build.

Yeah for sure, but that only applies to up-and-coming players.

I try, optimistically to reference my thoughts back in 93. If we can get a balance as we did then between talented up and coming players and experienced ones I think we'll be ok. I also think after years of watching overpaid failures the fans would prefer to see a bit of hunger if you know what I mean.

Wow that is some serious grasping at straws there. 

:mackems:

I try, optimistically to reference my thoughts back in 93. If we can get a balance as we did then between talented up and coming players and experienced ones I think we'll be ok. I also think after years of watching overpaid failures the fans would prefer to see a bit of hunger if you know what I mean.

Would be nice, but the key player we signed was Peter Beardsley. Sadly I don't think there are any world class geordies who want to return to the toon available this time around.

Would be nice, but the key player we signed was Peter Beardsley. Sadly I don't think there are any world class geordies who want to return to the toon available this time around.

Peter Ramage?