NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Newcastle hope to have another forward on board before the start of the season and would like someone to have signed before they jet off to America on Saturday. But panic buying is off the agenda and the club will not stray from a list of carefully prepared targets.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/12/neil-taylor-pursuit-is-in-its-final-stage-for-nufc-61634-29035051/2/#ixzz1RsdAITD0

As I suspected, the club's pursuit of another striker is fairly half hearted so it might well be they decide that Ba, Best and Shola are perfectly adequate front men. I would be surprised now if we do actually make a decisive move for a striker, the pursuit seems to be similar to the N'Zogbia "chase". If the player falls into our lap at a stupidly low price and on low wages we'll take it, otherwise qe sara srara.

What do you mean by fairly half hearted?  I hope you're not implying that our chase for N'Zogbia is half hearted because we have refused to pay over the odds.

What would you consider to be a 'full' hearted attempt?

Jesus Christ, calf the f*** down.  Unforgivable :lol:

I am fully supportive of the clubs frugal approach to this transfer window :smug:

It's unforgivable if we're in a situation again where Ameobi is first choice. New strikers have been a huge priority for 7 months and he's currently second choice. One injury to our injury prone main striker and he's back in.

Nah, he is good enough to be considered a reserve striker in our current position. 

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

Nah, he is good enough to be considered a reserve striker in our current position. 

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How can you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

Jesus H.

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How can you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

He's currently second choice. Unacceptable.

We're stronger up front since February, that much is true. 1 injury and we're back to what we know isn't good enough.

What do you mean by fairly half hearted?  I hope you're not implying that our chase for N'Zogbia is half hearted because we have refused to pay over the odds.

I'm implying that we won't get N'Zogbia because we won't pay the required fee/wages and someone else, probably Villa will. In a similar vein I'm now doubtful whether we'll sign another striker for the reasons already explained in the previous post. Of course the club could always blow both theories out of the water by signing either/or in which case I'll gladly accept I jumped the gun.

I'm implying that we won't get N'Zogbia because we won't pay the required fee/wages and someone else, probably Villa will. In a similar vein I'm now doubtful whether we'll sign another striker for the reasons already explained in the previous post. Of course the club could always blow both theories out of the water by signing either/or in which case I'll gladly accept I jumped the gun.

Yeah but will you drink your own piss, if your wrong

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

aye we've set the transfer window alight

aye we've set the transfer window alight

Aye but that new bore hole, will pay divends in the future

Guest hobshobs

Ameobi starting a league game again for us is unforgivable. Any lingering support I have for those involved would be over.

Would agree 100%. All the good work done this summer in terms of signings will be undone in one foul swoop if Ameobi is to be given a new contract never mind appear in the first team. He is the prime example of why this club has been where it is for so long. You get one half decent performance in every dozen or so games and that is it. Disgrace to the jersey in terms of effort. He is bit of a comic figure with our support but believe me he is an absolute joke in the eyes of anyone who knows anything about the game.

We're stronger than last year in the attacking department, the club is still looking to strengthen but will not be held to ransom in what is a very precarious financial market.  How you be anything but satisfied is beyond logic.

Based on ?

He's currently second choice. Unacceptable.

We're stronger up front since February, that much is true. 1 injury and we're back to what we know isn't good enough.

He's third choice after Ba and Best.

Based on ?

Signing Ba, of course. 

Based on ?

Signing Ba, of course. 

But we had Carroll last year...

But that doesn't necessarily mean that our attempts to sign him have been half hearted.  I would rather let him slip by than pay over the odds for a man who only has one year left on his contract.  Not to forget that his wage demands seem to be exceeding our budget.

Ameobi starting a league game again for us is unforgivable. Any lingering support I have for those involved would be over.

Would agree 100%. All the good work done this summer in terms of signings will be undone in one foul swoop if Ameobi is to be given a new contract never mind appear in the first team. He is the prime example of why this club has been where it is for so long. You get one half decent performance in every dozen or so games and that is it. Disgrace to the jersey in terms of effort. He is bit of a comic figure with our support but believe me he is an absolute joke in the eyes of anyone who knows anything about the game.

That's madness.

Based on ?

Signing Ba, of course. 

But we had Carroll last year...

Not for the second half of last season, which is what we are building on :confused: