NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest Jungle Barry

Both the 05/06 and 06/07 run ins were appalling. The Roeder year, we quite disgracefully just gave up. As a poster above says, it was only an unlikely win at Sheff Utd that kept us up.

06/07 was just a really drab year. A few highlights like the win at Spurs with Oba's bullet and an exciting pre Christmas game with Reading but generally it was a hugely forgettable season.

05-06 run in was pretty good wasn't it? 6 wins and a draw from the last 7 including away wins at sunderland and the boro.

Agreed regarding 06/07, dreadful on the whole and very lucky to stay up.

06/07 was a fucking rotten season, like. To add to Oba's goal at Spurs and the Emre winner against Reading, there was a credible 2-2 draw with Man U on New Year's Day and a couple of 0-0's against Arsenal and Chelsea at home. I can't remember much else.

We had Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Edgar, Huntington and Ramage playing regularly, Nobby at right-back, Rossi sat on the bench and Sibierski up front every week. Amazing how we didn't go down.

Guest BooBoo

Those seasons leading to relegation were utter dross for the most part like. Looking back relegation was inevitable.

Indeed it was. It's a cliche but the rot started with the defeat on pens to Partizan Belgrade. After that a combination of shocking managerial appointments, poor buys and some bad luck pushed us downhill with Ashley's antics simply accelerating the inevitable. If you ever watch Sky's "The Premier League Years" from about 2004-2008 we hardly get a mention as our league campaigns were on the whole completely unremarkable.

We had Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Edgar, Huntington and Ramage playing regularly, Nobby at right-back, Rossi sat on the bench and Sibierski up front every week. Amazing how we didn't go down.

We had some fucking pitiful starting XIs during that whole period in hindsight. Infact the squad in general was chockerblock of players who's ability was nowhere near their reputation, way past it, youngsters who were nowhere near good enough or just players who were flat out shite. Even without a couple of quality additions our squad is better now. Players who were previously not that great or underperforming have improved and some of our unspectacular buys in recent seasons have actually turned out to be pretty good.

Indeed it was. It's a cliche but the rot started with the defeat on pens to Partizan Belgrade. After that a combination of shocking managerial appointments, poor buys and some bad luck pushed us downhill with Ashley's antics simply accelerating the inevitable. If you ever watch Sky's "The Premier League Years" from about 2004-2008 we hardly get a mention as our league campaigns were on the whole completely unremarkable.

Tbf, 03-04 was good. It was getting rid of Bobby that really lit the flame IMO :(

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

06-07 was dull. Spurs was a cracking game though, fully expected our standard 1-0 defeat or something. But aside from that, so many meaningless games.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Speaking of depressing European games, Sporting trumps Alkmaar comfortably. Not near Partizan, but still depressing as fuck.

I was gutted that day 'n' all. Not to mention our cup game not long after.

Speaking of depressing European games, Sporting trumps Alkmaar comfortably. Not near Partizan, but still depressing as f***.

Was the day I realised I really never would see us win any thing.

That was a rotten week.  Went from Lisbon to Cardiff for the semi-final and then Norwich.

Guest BooBoo

Shearer didn't half get some abuse after that game in Cardiff. He was beyond a joke by that point and we never stood a chance away from SJP with him on the pitch.

Still not re-watched the goals from the game. Totally depressing experience, one of the low points. I dont think I even got off my seat when Shola scored.

Guest Loven11

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

Journal tomorrow: a new development in the long-running Neil Taylor saga - plus the reason why Nile Ranger's not at Blackpool yet... #nufc

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Shearer didn't half get some abuse after that game in Cardiff. He was beyond a joke by that point and we never stood a chance away from SJP with him on the pitch.

Still not re-watched the goals from the game. Totally depressing experience, one of the low points. I dont think I even got off my seat when Shola scored.

Watched it with some mates. Spent the whole game basically sunk into my seat. Pitiful.

Guest BooBoo

New Development- YES! Prediction:

Despite the Welsh outfit rejecting a prior Newcastle bid, a senior Swansea source hinted that the deal may not yet be dead in the water.

"The deal for Neil Taylor is certainly not quite dead in the water yet" said a Swans insider.

Meanwhile, rookie Nile Ranger's mooted loan move to Blackpool will not move any closer in the coming days...as his agent is currently on holiday in Turkey.

Guest BooBoo

The guff churned out of Thomson House is so predictable. I've been reading it for the last 25 years and it's hilarious to see how the spin stories out of a single quote or tenuous link.