NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Guest BooBoo

I've long since thought they should just be honest and have the back page headline of "NO NEWCASTLE NEWS TODAY".

Probably wouldnt sell many papers though....

06/07 was a f***ing rotten season, like. To add to Oba's goal at Spurs and the Emre winner against Reading, there was a credible 2-2 draw with Man U on New Year's Day and a couple of 0-0's against Arsenal and Chelsea at home. I can't remember much else.

We had Pattison, Alan O'Brien, Edgar, Huntington and Ramage playing regularly, Nobby at right-back, Rossi sat on the bench and Sibierski up front every week. Amazing how we didn't go down.

Yeah, not only did we have all of those rambunctious children in defence, Oba was our only legitimate striker for most of the season. IT was him Sibierski and Dyer for the most part. :lol: The corpses of Ameobi and Owen lay strikcen. Given was injured for a long period of the season, I think by Harewood, and our midfield was Parker spinning around with no one to pass to. It was so desperae that we  bought in Bernard and Srnicek with the actual possibility of them staying. Outside of the Spurs game, my best memoryis Babayaro suddenly appearing and us beating Liverpool on a water logged pitch. Awful season, game by game actually worse than 08-09, imo. 

Guest BooBoo

I wonder how much the likes of Lee Ryder gets paid?

Any more than 25k plus expenses would be an outrage really.

Seems a hard job to do with such little staff.

It doesn't really take much staff tbh. The Neil Taylor twist will probably be a rehash of the ideas mooted on this site of a possible swap deal between Taylor and Routledge. How many staff members does it take to read a forum?

Seems a hard job to do with such little staff.

It doesn't really take much staff tbh. The Neil Taylor twist will probably be a rehash of the ideas mooted on this site of a possible swap deal between Taylor and Routledge. How many staff members does it take to read a forum?

1. The idiot being paid good money to re-hash what they find.

Easiest job in the world. You've just got to be a cunt to be in the job in the first place.  

Guest Heneage

Writing speculation? Guessing?

Piece of p*ss. Anyone with a 'C' in English could do their job.

That's not quite my point, you're correct anyone with a grasp of English could write the stuff, but you have to keep selling it almost pushing the false hope to shift papers. In today's market you already have thousands of different blog sites that can update themselves with a few clicks, 24 hour tv stations like Sky Sports. Newspapers is a bloody hard game so really you've to admire them for at least trying. I do quite like Douglas as well seems a nice guy seems to call a spade a spade.

:laugh: Whey, aye, obviously. I'm just saying I've always been an advocate of 'going for it' once you're there.

It alwas annoys me the way teams treat it. Montpellier used its reserves last time, ffs., What are the odds of them even making it again?

Yeah, completely agree. Teams work all season long to reach European competition and then throw it away to try and ensure a higher finish in the league and qualify once again. Teams like Fulham, Alaves, even Boro have shown that even the most unfancied sides who've never been into Europe before can go all the way to the final.

The league is the bread and butter, come rain or shine you'll be there every season plodding along towards further nothingness. Why is a competition like the UEFA Cup such a chore? Try and win it ffs. Yeah, the structure is shit, it's not profitable and you have to play an absurd amount of games. But still, it's a trophy inwhich you're pitting yourselves against the rest of Europe. Winning it would be something to savour and remember for the fans, a genuine notch in history - finishing 9th instead of say 15th won't be remembered in 20 or even 5 years time.

Finishing 9th instead of 15th would be a few million more though. But I agree, the only time I could understand a team not going for it would be something like Everton, who havn't exactly got the biggest of squads but will feel they have a chance of making the Champions League (the havn't like in reality but thats there aim).

Speaking of depressing European games, Sporting trumps Alkmaar comfortably. Not near Partizan, but still depressing as f***.

Was the day I realised I really never would see us win any thing.

That was a rotten week.  Went from Lisbon to Cardiff for the semi-final and then Norwich.

I didn't go to Lisbon but went to Cardiff, Norwich and then Old Trafford the following Sunday. Absolute despair when Dean Ashton headed that late winner.

Shearer didn't half get some abuse after that game in Cardiff. He was beyond a joke by that point and we never stood a chance away from SJP with him on the pitch.

Still not re-watched the goals from the game. Totally depressing experience, one of the low points. I dont think I even got off my seat when Shola scored.

Our end went mental when Shola scored. :lol: Shit day footballing wise, but the fans remained in fairly good spirits throughout, out-singing Man Utd all game. I think most of us went expecting nothing and just enjoyed the day out.

Guest BooBoo

Journal reckons the Neil Taylor saga is going to be referred to the Premier League arbitration panel.

Another one bites the dust.

Can't understand £8 million for him like.

Roger Johnson - £7 million

Phil Jones - £17 miliion

Jordan Henderson - £20 million

Andy Carroll - £35 million

Young, British-based players are a premium. £8 million for Long isn't a surprising price...

The Journal

Meanwhile, United are no further towards making a breakthrough in their hunt for a second striker. A club source has rubbished links with Caen striker Youssef El-Arabi while a move for their priority target Paris Saint Germain’s Mevlut Erdinc has stalled.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/12/neil-taylor-pursuit-is-in-its-final-stage-for-nufc-61634-29035051/2/#ixzz1RsU2D6A1

Guest taps01

The Journal

Meanwhile, United are no further towards making a breakthrough in their hunt for a second striker. A club source has rubbished links with Caen striker Youssef El-Arabi while a move for their priority target Paris Saint Germains Mevlut Erdinc has stalled.

Read More http://www.journallive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2011/07/12/neil-taylor-pursuit-is-in-its-final-stage-for-nufc-61634-29035051/2/#ixzz1RsU2D6A1

Struggling to think of who we could be after in France.

Guest taps01

Surely we're capable of signing players from places other than France.

...Or are we? ???

The reason i mentioned France is because the journal claimed that one of our targets is based in France and one in Spain

The Journal

Meanwhile, United are no further towards making a breakthrough in their hunt for a second striker. A club source has rubbished links with Caen striker Youssef El-Arabi while a move for their priority target Paris Saint Germain’s Mevlut Erdinc has stalled.

Struggling to think of who we could be after in France.

Can't see why we wouldn't be interested in El-Arabi. He was fantastic last season - and would be the perfect partner/alternative to Ba. Very strange if true.

I imagine our French-based target will be someone like Modibo Maiga, Olivier Giroud or Loic Remy (ambitious). As for our Spanish target I'd go for Rondon, maybe someone like Pablo Osvaldo?