NUFC transfer rumours in the press

madras

Please refrain from mentioning Paul Huntington.

That night in Alkmaar. :facepalm:

Roeder's fault.

Carr's fault for ducking out at the 11th hour and leaving Roeder to shoe-horn Huntington at full-back.

Femi was very good at SJP, but he should have buried that 1 v. 1 against them. 5-2 and the tie is over. Huntington being rubbish shouldn't have mattered. Also, the handball against Taylor was complete nonsense. In recent years, that tie has angered me more than any other match, and in my opinion started that direct death spiral that lead to our relegation.

Guest BooBoo

It was a painfully predictable night.

Roeder's caretaker spell was probably a bad thing looking back. He massively over achieved in those three months and led to FFS taking the cheap option and employing him full time, leading to a season of decline, which as Baba says, continued our decline kick started by Souness.

The handball against Taylor was a load of nonsense. Mind you, so was Dyer's miss from about two yards in Alkmaar, and a Parker(?) goal that got ruled out for some minimal infringement by Sibierski.

The handball against Taylor was a load of nonsense. Mind you, so was Dyer's miss from about two yards in Alkmaar, and a Parker(?) goal that got ruled out for some minimal infringement by Sibierski.

Didn't the referee say 2 seperate things about Parkers chalked off goal? Seem to remember something like that.

But yeah, that night pissed me right off. Shota Arveladze is a cunt.

Guest BooBoo

Was so damn infuriating that night. Awful, in fact.

The only consolation was that it wasnt quite as awful as that night in Lisbon.

I remember Roeder after the game, "There's no chance of the season fizzling out becuase I wont let it fizzle out."

It subsequently fizzled out, in the most tedious fashion possible. I remember a late win at Sheff Utd being a rare high point.

Guest BooBoo

That win pretty much kept us up in the end.

Just been checking the stats from that season. No NUFC goals in our last 4 home games. :lol: Particularly awful was a late season home loss to Blackburn.

Guest BooBoo

Both the 05/06 and 06/07 run ins were appalling. The Roeder year, we quite disgracefully just gave up. As a poster above says, it was only an unlikely win at Sheff Utd that kept us up.

06/07 was just a really drab year. A few highlights like the win at Spurs with Oba's bullet and an exciting pre Christmas game with Reading but generally it was a hugely forgettable season.

Guest BooBoo

Can still remember that Oba goal like it was yesterday. Fucking cracking strike.

Wonder what the odds were in that game for both Huntington and Butt to score?

It's amusing by the way that this thread keeps going off on tangeants as there's nowt of note happening in terms of incoming rumours. In fact have we had any new (credible) links since we signed Marveaux? Even that swoop was very much under the radar.

Guest BooBoo

It's even more amusing how often you mention the fact that there is nowt happening  :laugh:

I know, its driving me insane.

Every half an hour i'm logging on and finding nothing has happened. It's always ten times worse when there's not a big summer tournament to fill the void.